• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official Assistant Coaches Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

We needed a new strength coach. Or at least a new training program/routine. Our guys got manhandled all the time last year.

I wonder if Ronnie McKeefery would come back? I highly doubt it, but it would be nice to have him back. Our guys seem to be more physical and in better shape/conditioning under him than Golden.

+1 on Ronnie...

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  1

The Football Scoop <free> is reporting. USF - Sources tell us Western Kentucky DFO Sharrod Everett will follow Willie Taggart to USF. Here is his bio http://www.linkedin.com/pub/sharrod-everett/31/a43/559 .

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

The Football Scoop <free> is reporting. USF - Sources tell us Western Kentucky DFO Sharrod Everett will follow Willie Taggart to USF. Here is his bio http://www.linkedin....rett/31/a43/559 .

Nice resume, who would he replace?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

The Football Scoop <free> is reporting. USF - Sources tell us Western Kentucky DFO Sharrod Everett will follow Willie Taggart to USF. Here is his bio http://www.linkedin....rett/31/a43/559 .

Nice resume, who would he replace?

Carl Franks?

Nice write up on Randy Shannon at the Miami Herald's FSU blog (advocating for FSU to pick up Shannon as DC). The post is from late November, but is still relevant with respect to USF's DC search.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/florida-state/2012/11/one-guy-the-seminoles-should-look-long-and-hard-at-is-tcu-lb-coach-randy-shannon-at-the-university-of-miami-shannon-had-mi.html

Really, really want this to happen! For that reason, it probably won't.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193
  • Days Won:  0

Nice write up on Randy Shannon at the Miami Herald's FSU blog (advocating for FSU to pick up Shannon as DC). The post is from late November, but is still relevant with respect to USF's DC search.

http://miamiherald.t...non-had-mi.html

Really, really want this to happen! For that reason, it probably won't.

I personally would love to have Shannon as the DC. I grew up in South Florida and my father is a UM Alum, so I have been one too, since birth. He might have been a bad HC, but that man is one hell of a DC and recruits his butt off. I still cheer for DA U, unless they're playing my BULLS cause I now bleed GREEN & GOLD!

Edited by dznick51

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

It would be a coup if we could bring him on board, but I don't think the money is there.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

It would be a coup if we could bring him on board, but I don't think the money is there.

how much could he be making as LB coach at TCU? our OC will be in name only because Taggart is calling the plays. take some money from there and use it on a DC.

We're saving money not having to pay an OC... wonder if we could just combine the two salaries. I think Shannon would be worth it. A Taggart/Shannon recruiting combo in Florida would be pretty powerful - enough for UM, UF, and FSU to at least take notice.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I believe the money for the assistants is a pool for CWT to use at his pleasure.