• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

Thanks for the input.

I was initially adamantly opposed to Davis (fwiw) but reading that makes me feel a bit better.

I think he has the edge in terms of longevity (likely to stay here longer) and likely to meet the goal of just getting us back on our feet. I mean we've never gotten over the 4-3 hump in BE play... I think Butch could get us there.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  0

I'm sold. Let's do it.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399

Its been written both in this thread and elsewhere he is ready to get back to being a FBS head coach. Its been noted he already lives here. Id have to believe if he wants to coach he would take this job.

The only hesitation USF should have with Coach Davis would be his transgressions. Id hope they would thoroughly review that part of his past and accept that risk. Because I see no other reason he should not be our number 1 option at this point.

Edited by inTransit

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  385

At this point, I'm not going to be satisfied with anyone other than Butch or Willie T

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  60

I went to the LSU vs UNC game a couple of years ago (my wife is an LSU alum). This is the same game that UNC had about 12 kids suspended for the game. LSU was up 30-10 at the half. UNC came back and made it a game in the 2nd half, a game which came down to the last play of the game. UNC adjusted in the 2nd half and took advantage of LSU in that half. UNC also did not hold back, very aggressive play.

The moral of the story here is that Butch (from the looks of that game) adjusted pretty well. The only other game that I saw Butch coach UNC was against us in 07.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Didn't Butch Davis recruit Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, D.J. Williams, Andre Johnson, S. Moss, Dan Morgan, Winslow, Sean Taylor, Devin Hester, Shockey,Reggie Wayne, Vilma, RB's James, Portis, Gore, and Mcgahee? I think could do well here with recruiting.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4

I went to the LSU vs UNC game a couple of years ago (my wife is an LSU alum). This is the same game that UNC had about 12 kids suspended for the game. LSU was up 30-10 at the half. UNC came back and made it a game in the 2nd half, a game which came down to the last play of the game. UNC adjusted in the 2nd half and took advantage of LSU in that half. UNC also did not hold back, very aggressive play.

The moral of the story here is that Butch (from the looks of that game) adjusted pretty well. The only other game that I saw Butch coach UNC was against us in 07.

Atl- I made it down for that game too; had a blast, ceptin I didn't enjoy the last play as much as your wife! Half of the guys who were suspended ended up being completely exonerated, which just goes to show how the UNC administration over-reacted when the allegations first surfaced. For losing, Tar Heel fans seemed much happier leaving the game than the LSU fans. Reminded me a lot of this year's game at Louisville, where the Heels got skull-dragged in the 1st half before making a game of it and having a chance to win at the end (1 play short there too).

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  23

nm

Edited by NoBulls

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  275
  • Days Won:  2

nm

Wrong Butch.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  23

nm

Wrong Butch.

Yea, I noticed that right when I hit reply. That is what I get for just reading the first name. :icon_drink: