• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Houston Nutt interested in USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Giggity

HN.jpg

I'm really going to reserve judgement, but I'm not sold on Nutt.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Giggity

HN.jpg

I'm really going to reserve judgement, but I'm not sold on Nutt.

Nor am I

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Only negative I have on him really is those last two years at Ole Miss before that I would be alot more excited about him as a HC here.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

He wouldn't be my first choice, but he's a great coach. I would not cry if he was hired.

I don't see it.

What?

The guy took Arkansas, a program mired in losing for about a decade into a winner. He won 9 games 4 times there and was canned in an 8-4 season. That was in the SEC West. Going up against LSU, Auburn, and Alabama (when not on probation).

As for Ole Miss. He won 9 games his first two years, and beat National Champion Florida.

Anyone who tries to claim this guy can't coach is just talking out their ass.

Do I want him at USF? He wouldn't be in my top 5-10, but I'd have a really hard time complaining about a guy who has success in the SEC.

the guy had 4 winning conference records in 14 years in the SEC. he is a scumbag when it comes to recruiting. search oversigning houston nutt. not saying he couldn't win here but I'm not a fan.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Only negative I have on him really is those last two years at Ole Miss before that I would be alot more excited about him as a HC here.

If not for the last two years, he'd still be at Ole Miss or cost an absolute fortune.

I'd personally rather go with Taggart or McGee based solely on the fact that this is a destination job for them. USF doesn't mean jack **** to Nutt, but if he's the guy I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He may just be getting a public interview as a favor or to keep another candidate under the radar.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Back to praying to baby Jesus again, this time for him not to allow USF to hire Nuttjob.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

If not for the last two years, he'd still be at Ole Miss or cost an absolute fortune.

I'd personally rather go with Taggart or McGee based solely on the fact that this is a destination job for them. USF doesn't mean jack **** to Nutt, but if he's the guy I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He may just be getting a public interview as a favor or to keep another candidate under the radar.

my sentiments exactly

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  37
  • Days Won:  0

This would be an awful hire!!! We don't need a guy at the end of his career. I would not by into this hire.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  334
  • Days Won:  0

Some Interesting Nutt tweets

CFB Zealotsâ€@CFBZ

Houston Nutt to USF? And the crowd goes mild.....

Banksâ€@BanksW

Houston Nutt takes the USF job. He moves there by himself. He becomes Hulk Hogan's roommate. He wins a national championship.

R. Garrett McInnisâ€@captainmcinnis

After tragically finding out his pony is indeed NOT a Seahorse. RT @FOTProgram Houston Nutt 4 USF just so he can drive to work on a jet ski.

Rick Musclesâ€@RickMuscles

If Houston Nutt gets the USF job then somehow he'll be responsible for burning down Mons Venus.

Jason Kirkâ€@JasonKirkSBN

BRB firing up a Hogville thread blaming the next 600 years of USF athletics on Houston Nutt

Danny Durkeeâ€@DurtyFlip

I bet the resume that Houston Nutt hands USF is just a cocktail napkin with Back To Back Cotton written on it.

Doc Harperâ€@doc_harper

@SharpTusk @TeamSpeedKills Correct. Saw someone on twitter refer to USF as "Arkansas' Garbage Can"

Eight Ballâ€@8BalltheTiger

HEY HEY I HOPE HOUSTON NUTT GETS THE USF JOB BECAUSE HE ALWAYS HAD THE BEST SUPPLY OF NITROUS OXIDE

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

Boooooo