• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New Big Least Conference Configuration?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I give up, we are in a ****** conference and no amount of yelling is gonna get us out of this dumpster fire... while a vocal fan base, students, and alumni can likely influence USF to fire Skippy, we won't be able to put pressure on the ACC or Big12 to add us. No fan base has that type of swagger.

So I'm giving up on the expansion stuff because like it or not we are stuck in the Big East until FSU gets poached... which won't happen... or until the Big12 gives up on trying to lure FSU away and settles for us.

Our only hope is the Big12 right now... it basically depends on how much the Big12 wants to be in the Florida market. Now that the ACC has taken Louisville, which is a team the Big12 really, really, really wanted I think we should be #3 on the Big12's expansion list right behind #1 FSU and #2 Clemson.

Since its inevitable that we will be stuck on this sinking ship, we might as well figure out how it will look.

Here is how I think the New Big Least will look since the conference has lost Louisville. There are rumors out there that Boise and San Diego will likely remain in the MWC, but right now those are just rumors. Even a weak Big East is better then a very weak MWC. There are also rumors that Navy might be staying Indy as well, but again I don't see that happening since the new College Football Landscape will require everyone but Notre Dame to be in a conference.

Feel free to shiz all over this or suggest your own configurations. Mine is for the proposed 2013 lineup.

• Eastern Conference:
    1. South Florida
    2. Central Florida
    3. Connecticut
    4. Cincinnati
    5. East Carolina --> They will replace Louisville
    6. Temple --> Move them back to the East to replace Rutgers

• Western Conference:
    1. Boise State
    2. San Diego State
    3. SMU
    4. Houston
    5. Memphis
    6. Tulane --> Replaces Temple

When 2014 rolls around the Big Least will need to add 1 western school to counteract the addition of Navy to the east.

• Eastern Conference:
    1. South Florida
    2. Central Florida
    3. Connecticut
    4. Cincinnati
    5. East Carolina
    6. Temple
    7. Navy

• Western Conference:
    1. Boise State
    2. San Diego State
    3. SMU
    4. Houston
    5. Memphis
    6. Tulane
    7. Fill in Blank --> BYU, UNLV, Nevada, Fresno State, Tulsa, Colorado State, Utah State

Since I could give a **** at this point I would prefer UNLV just because of Vegas alone... no way we will get BYU... eventually the PAC will get them to join their conference despite religious differences.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

BYU would be option # 1 but probably won't happen. Nevada or Freso State would be options # 2a and 2b.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

We need to change the name of this conference sick of hearing "Big Least", so unoriginal as a joke.

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

New conference name is "BIG USA"

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

It's irrelevant.... we won't be in the BE come 2014. You're crazy if you think this is over and done yet.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

I'd say add Air Force would be the second or third best choice for that seventh spot. Good rivalry with Navy and probably a better team than most of the other choices you listed there. I'd still take BYU first. Decent team but horrible road trip. UNLV would be my second choice. Horrible team but great roadtrip.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

It's irrelevant.... we won't be in the BE come 2014. You're crazy if you think this is over and done yet.

I hope you are right. Forgive me that I just do not see it. The pundits local and national are laughing at us now.