• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Louisville to ACC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Congrats to Louisville, but this isn't a game-changer for USF. We knew someone was leaving and it wouldn't be us. Maryland to the B10 WAS important because for the first time someone broke ranks in the ACC (prior to that, everytime the ACC looked threatened they made a strong play -- adding Pitt/Cuse, adding ND with raising buyout to $50M). We need one more round of defections before July and I think we'll be OK.

Its a bit of a game changer in that the Big East just lost one of the only 2 "big" football programs it had left. Losing UConn could be overcome. ECU is probably as good with a bigger fanbase. Losing Louisville (a likely preseason top 15/20 next year) hurts.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,047
  • Days Won:  11

Is the ACC trying to start an actually conference network or just broadcast rights?

i'm thinking the ACC has pretty much picked the BE clean and now the "bigger conferences" need to pick up teams so the ACC is the next one to get picked on and the ACC is trying to set themselves up so that don't die.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

Big%2520East.jpg

This should be our new conference logo... paint that thing on the field for games. or better yet, just set up a dumpster in the end zone and instead of "firing the canons", we can just light the dumpster when we score.

If we light the dumpster only when we score, it may start to smell after not being lit for a few weeks. Unless we light it for field goals, too.

Actually, it'd probably be more appropriate to keep it lit until we score, althought I'm sure we'd run out of garbage to throw into it at some point. We'd probably have to throw in those "USF Big East Champs '12" shirts they printed at the beginning of the season to keep it going.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

With the latest cUSA pickups, I've stopped paying attention to how we can sustain a decent FBall conference now. Either we move on (with a conf similar to BE from past 7 years) or we essentially start over with garbage. There is no happy way to spin the NBE regardless of who comes or goes. As for a game-changer, I'm referring specifically to realignment scenarios.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693

fsu needs to leave acc before usf can join

fsu will never be in a conference with usf

miami must be drooling as they see total domination once again

I agree, they hold the key to our invite to the ACC... they go, or we don't! Pray for more chaos, which if history tells us anything, more chaos is coming...

Ill tell you what bothers me is the following quote from the ESPN article:

The ACC also considered UConn and Cincinnati for membership. However, sources told ESPN the league only wanted Louisville because there is a sense among league presidents that the ACC can add more schools at a later date if the ACC lost any other schools.

So by all accounts we are no closer than 3rd in line. So if another two schools get pulled from the ACC, UCONN an UC are next up. What if its FSU and Clemson? I see no guarantee we move up as the ACC will still have Miami. If FSU moves and we dont as part of that replacement, then its time to panic.

We will never get invited to the ACC, and FSU will never leave the ACC... the only reason why Maryland left was because the owner of Under Armor, who is a Maryland Alum paid the $50 million dollar exit fee for them.

So unless FSU has a huge money donor that is willing to pay for FSU to leave the ACC then I don't see it happening.

Our only hope is the Big12.

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903

With the latest cUSA pickups, I've stopped paying attention to how we can sustain a decent FBall conference now. Either we move on (with a conf similar to BE from past 7 years) or we essentially start over with garbage. There is no happy way to spin the NBE regardless of who comes or goes. As for a game-changer, I'm referring specifically to realignment scenarios.

I can't disagree with this. I suppose the only "good" thing is we'll be king of the lesser conference and I'm not sure that is something to brag about.

• Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

fsu needs to leave acc before usf can join

fsu will never be in a conference with usf

miami must be drooling as they see total domination once again

I agree, they hold the key to our invite to the ACC... they go, or we don't! Pray for more chaos, which if history tells us anything, more chaos is coming...

Ill tell you what bothers me is the following quote from the ESPN article:

The ACC also considered UConn and Cincinnati for membership. However, sources told ESPN the league only wanted Louisville because there is a sense among league presidents that the ACC can add more schools at a later date if the ACC lost any other schools.

So by all accounts we are no closer than 3rd in line. So if another two schools get pulled from the ACC, UCONN an UC are next up. What if its FSU and Clemson? I see no guarantee we move up as the ACC will still have Miami. If FSU moves and we dont as part of that replacement, then its time to panic.

We will never get invited to the ACC, and FSU will never leave the ACC... the only reason why Maryland left was because the owner of Under Armor, who is a Maryland Alum paid the $50 million dollar exit fee for them.

So unless FSU has a huge money donor that is willing to pay for FSU to leave the ACC then I don't see it happening.

Our only hope is the Big12.

What are you talking about????? No he didnt. Maryland is going to fight to not have to pay it. Why didnt he step up and save their sports programs in the past that they have been cutting.

http://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/2012/11/19/under-armours-plank-acc-exit-fee.html

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

3ryb3m.jpg

3ryb4g.jpg

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078

Big%2520East.jpg

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Hey, it may be a dumpster fire but its OUR dumpster fire!

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959

Apparently, we are trying. Just nobody wants us. Yet, at least . . .

"The ACC has also been also contacted by Connecticut, USF, Cincinnati and Navy. None of those schools are being sought after by other leagues, meaning that if the ACC moves to 16 schools there's no rush to add one of them now.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/pete_thamel/11/28/louisville-acc/index.html#ixzz2DX1iujHp"