• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Louisville to ACC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

fsu needs to leave acc before usf can join

fsu will never be in a conference with usf

miami must be drooling as they see total domination once again

I agree, they hold the key to our invite to the ACC... they go, or we don't! Pray for more chaos, which if history tells us anything, more chaos is coming...

Ill tell you what bothers me is the following quote from the ESPN article:

The ACC also considered UConn and Cincinnati for membership. However, sources told ESPN the league only wanted Louisville because there is a sense among league presidents that the ACC can add more schools at a later date if the ACC lost any other schools.

So by all accounts we are no closer than 3rd in line. So if another two schools get pulled from the ACC, UCONN an UC are next up. What if its FSU and Clemson? I see no guarantee we move up as the ACC will still have Miami. If FSU moves and we dont as part of that replacement, then its time to panic.

We will never get invited to the ACC, and FSU will never leave the ACC... the only reason why Maryland left was because the owner of Under Armor, who is a Maryland Alum paid the $50 million dollar exit fee for them.

So unless FSU has a huge money donor that is willing to pay for FSU to leave the ACC then I don't see it happening.

Our only hope is the Big12.

Maryland has paid nothing as this is going to be litigated. Under Armour has paid nothing.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

The ACC expects Louisville to be able to negotiate a deal to get out to be in the ACC by 2014 yet they think they can hold MD to 50 million and their exit fee? ACC you cant have it both ways.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Time to go independent.No advantage to keeping FB in the NBE. No bowl tie- ins, no conference TV rights and absolutely no prestige by staying in it. I say we put together an independent TV contract, take bowl money where we can make it and figure out how to win. We will have a lot more cachet as an Indy team than we will as a member of our stinking FB conference. We got screwed because FSU, UM and UF all have more established presences in FL. We wouldn't be bringing a new market to anyone. UL picked the right time to win a few FB games, we picked the wrong time to lose a bunch of them.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I agree, they hold the key to our invite to the ACC... they go, or we don't! Pray for more chaos, which if history tells us anything, more chaos is coming...

The ACC also considered UConn and Cincinnati for membership. However, sources told ESPN the league only wanted Louisville because there is a sense among league presidents that the ACC can add more schools at a later date if the ACC lost any other schools.

So by all accounts we are no closer than 3rd in line. So if another two schools get pulled from the ACC, UCONN an UC are next up. What if its FSU and Clemson? I see no guarantee we move up as the ACC will still have Miami. If FSU moves and we dont as part of that replacement, then its time to panic.

We will never get invited to the ACC, and FSU will never leave the ACC... the only reason why Maryland left was because the owner of Under Armor, who is a Maryland Alum paid the $50 million dollar exit fee for them.

So unless FSU has a huge money donor that is willing to pay for FSU to leave the ACC then I don't see it happening.

FSU would easily make up that money and much more, the Big 12 gets a lot more TV money than the ACC.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

The ACC expects Louisville to be able to negotiate a deal to get out to be in the ACC by 2014 yet they think they can hold MD to 50 million and their exit fee? ACC you cant have it both ways.

No way Maryland pays $50 mil. Once that number is known look for other ACC teams to have wandering eyes.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Time to go independent.No advantage to keeping FB in the NBE.

$5mil per year in TV rights vs $0mil per year in TV rights?

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

Time to go independent.No advantage to keeping FB in the NBE. No bowl tie- ins, no conference TV rights and absolutely no prestige by staying in it. I say we put together an independent TV contract, take bowl money where we can make it and figure out how to win. We will have a lot more cachet as an Indy team than we will as a member of our stinking FB conference. We got screwed because FSU, UM and UF all have more established presences in FL. We wouldn't be bringing a new market to anyone. UL picked the right time to win a few FB games, we picked the wrong time to lose a bunch of them.

TV negotiations are on hold, apparently, but bowl tie-ins (such as they are) are still there. TV negotiations are going to pick back up as soon as the dust settles as there's still money to be made. Just hard to negotiate when the musical conferences music is still playing.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Maybe one of the public access channels can be coerced into showing the Big East Dumpster Fire games?

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

What are you talking about????? No he didnt. Maryland is going to fight to not have to pay it. Why didnt he step up and save their sports programs in the past that they have been cutting.

http://www.bizjourna...c-exit-fee.html

He will pay it in the end... the ACC unlike the Big East has a air tight exit clause.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

What are you talking about????? No he didnt. Maryland is going to fight to not have to pay it. Why didnt he step up and save their sports programs in the past that they have been cutting.

http://www.bizjourna...c-exit-fee.html

He will pay it in the end... the ACC unlike the Big East has a air tight exit clause.

There is no such thing as an air tight exit clause. Restriction of fair commerce will always enter into the picture. Same reason that employee non-compete contracts are seldom if not ever enforced. You can't keep someone from earning what they are worth on the open market no matter the "air-tight" clause. That is why the cases ALWAYS get settled. The restricted party gets out when they want and pays a reduced fee not to have be a party to protracted litigation. Keep in mind UMD didn't vote for this clause as a conference member(one of two incl. FSU) which will be another mitigating factor as well as the recent enactment by the league. Edited by Bullwinkle