• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What can we as fans do to get us out of the Big East - Contact info

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Sure hope our leadership isnt as apathetic and unmotivated as our fanbase.

I guess mods you can lock or delete this. Fans are happy with where we are.

Looking forward to that big Tulane game in a couple years!!

I honestly don't think it's a horrible idea to send a cordial letter to one of these people, I just think that it's a complete waste of time. This is a Mike Bianchi-esque post, calling for politicians to step in and save us from the evil leaders at FSU blocking us from getting in. Nobody is blocking us... We're just not appealing to the ACC at the moment. If Fsu and/or UM leave, then it'll be a different story

+1 Would we all LOVE to get out of the BE? Of course, but I'd hope our administration is doing everything they can to get us out. I doubt a couple of disgruntled fans emailing the staffers at Tally will do much good.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

Why are we calling politicians over this? We go when we go. With everyone crying about our record (me included) , I assure you that isn't going to get better playing an ACC schedule. We've always had the promise of a BE championship, now we'd have no excuse. Clearer path to a BCS bowl. Continue to improve the BB program. Then, when we've actually built something to last, we make the move. If I was an elected official I'd have no interest in taking this non issue up.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

USF needs to do what is best.

If we do not get an ACC or Big12 invite, then firing Holtz is a MUST!

We NEED to go undefeated and get ranked Top 4.

F'n simple as that!

Go BULLS !!!

Just go away Holtz...

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

Sure hope our leadership isnt as apathetic and unmotivated as our fanbase.

I guess mods you can lock or delete this. Fans are happy with where we are.

Looking forward to that big Tulane game in a couple years!!

All aboard the mope train. Mope mope mope mope.

I wish we could keep playing, but I imagine you're taking your ball with you too? And this time you mean it?

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

USF needs to do what is best.

If we do not get an ACC or Big12 invite, then firing Holtz is a MUST!

We NEED to go undefeated and get ranked Top 4.

F'n simple as that!

Go BULLS !!!

Just go away Holtz...

Actually to have any shot to get an ACC or B12 consideration firing Skip is a must. What type of message do you think it sends to these conference if we stand pat with a 3-9 record, and 2 year conference record of 2-12. For goodness sakes NCST fired O'brien for a 7-5 record. If we keep Holtz after next week we've essentially sent a message around the world that were complacent and satisfied with our football circumstances. Regardless with how they try to spin it after the fact. These conferences are only interested in football prowess, and television markets. We've got the tv market...now it's time to show that we care how our football program does. BTW, this doesn't mean I am advocating calling the White House or anything. :roflmao:

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I applaud DontPushMe's efforts. At least he isn't willing to just sit idly by while USF is relegated to the Sun Belt. At least someone is making an effort. Some of you are content to sit by and do nothing except complain on message boards.

PS. I have emailed several people in Big East leadership in the past. I know for a fact they read it and it appeared that they took my and others inputs into consideration. I have good reason to believe that.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,240

Glad to see there are some people who think we can control this to an extent.

Sending messages to whoever, reguardless of if it has little or no affect, is still better than whining on here or just accepting a situation none of us like.

I've also sent letters to BE people in the past. I'm not sure that will help us now though, as it seems to be every man for himself of the 4 remaining BE schools.

I've sent messages to Judy & Doug about things in the past that I know have been heard, but I can't imagine they aren't doing everything they can right now.

Which is why I suggested politicians and ACC leadership.

Open to any ideas, I'm willing to put time into this, if a lot of us do, we may be able to help a bit.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

USF athletics doesn't make enough money for them to care. Just being honest. But if it makes you feel better, go ahead, maybe it will work.

Edited by Joe

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

USF athletics doesn't make enough money for them to care. Just being honest. But if it makes you feel better, go ahead, maybe it will work.

What does that mean? They're in the midst of television negotiations with Big East that will probably garner a considerable increase in television revenue. They get sizable donations for football yearly from thousands of donors. They make enough money to care....this is football they have to care. How the message is delivered is one thing, but USF has to care because their budget is balanced based on the revenue secured by football.