• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CBS sports reporting ACC 14th team will be chosen this week

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

I think UL would be the more aggressive move for the ACC as UConn is not going anywhere except to ACC eventually anyway. i doubt BC has interest in the former rivalry and sharing recruiting territory in conference in southern new England. UL is a good fit in more than one conference so why not shore up the ACC with a move inland just as the BIG 10 is moving into the coastal market?

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

I too think it will be UConn for the above reasons. BC is the only school that will have to hold its nose to vote but I'm sure they see the writing on the wall (unless they have a B10 invite in their back pocket).

To get those uneducated yahoos (USF/UL/UC) in, you'd have to thin the academic voting block (UVA/UNC/Duke) who just lost one of its members (UMD) and where two are widely rumored to be looking to the B10. Unfortunately we also have FSU in our way, for now.

I predict that if the UVA/UNC/VT/NCSt departures happen first (and would need to be coordinated by state houses), you'll see UC/UL added to get to 12. Then when FSU and Clemson (or GTech) leave, they'll add USF and Temple (or UCF). If FSU and its partner leave first, I could see all 4 (USF/UL/UC/Temp) getting added together to get to 16, then when the VA/NC schools depart, add in GTown/SJU/Nova to have 12 for FB (really, the right size) and 16 for BB. A landscape with 12 each in the PAC/B12/ACC and 16 each in the SEC/B10 would have expanded the "BCS" pool by three (TCU/Utah/Temple), kicked out none, and preserved ND's precious independence.

Our league's BBall would remain king and FBall would retain enough name-brands to be on the radar (keeping ND independent would prevent the Rose/Champions Bowls from automatically closing out the new ACC from a spot in any playoff system or from becoming a de facto semifinal).

The more I read, the more confident I feel that something like this (with or w/o the BBall schools) will play out. Afterall, the SEC put Mizzou in the EASTERN division, a move that has "temporary" written all over it, just like the BE's plan to put Temple in the WEST. I have no doubt that the SEC will expand on the eastern side. Also, the new "B1G" logo always looked to me a lot like "B16" -- just a matter of getting everyone lined up.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

In my above scenario, it would be like taking our old BE and exchanging WVU for Miami (FL), Marquette for Duke, and the quartet of RU/PC/DeP/SHU for WF/GTech/BC/Temp.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i'd guess UCONN due to academics and basketball

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

UConn, academics is far superior to UL and this is important to ACC presidents.

UConn is already ineligible for the NCAA tournament this season because of poor academics.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

UConn mainly because it allows them to continue to be the Atlantic Coast Conference in actuality for the time being and they are a decent swap for Maryland, though not as strong academically as a school. They also make sense from a market perspective as they are close to NYC and can be seen as a bit of an "in" into that market. Louisville is attractive, but they are further away and not in an Atlantic state. I think they would be included in any next round of expansion. But will the Big XII go for them while they can since the door to Notre Dame appears closed?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

UConn is already ineligible for the NCAA tournament this season because of poor academics.

Thats because of the academics of the bball students, not the general student body

I am thinking some will back out of the season tickets and just go to a few games a year with the turd schedule that cometh.

We could have a home schedule of Miami, Louisville, UCF, and Boise State. That's a much better home schedule than we had this season.

Thats because of the academics of the bball students, not the general student body

I don't think the ACC institutions are looking too kindly on what has happened with UConn's basketball program and the APR.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

Which begs the question...in our relentless effort to stem the hemorrhaging of our expiring conference, who do the

conference ambulance attendants bring in to replace Rutgers? Surely, if the Scarlet Knights are bolting out the front

door, there has to be some indigent team with it's nose against the rear door window, yearning for a slice of BCS.