• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CBS sports reporting ACC 14th team will be chosen this week

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

All of this stuff used to concern me but Skippy's destruction of the program makes it to where none of this matters. We were in a downward spiral when he was hired in 2010, we just did not know it yet.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693

All of this stuff used to concern me but Skippy's destruction of the program makes it to where none of this matters. We were in a downward spiral when he was hired in 2010, we just did not know it yet.

Disagree about the downward spiral back when Skip was hired, Leavitt might not have been the best coach but he made us what we were.

Agree about how Skippy has destroyed this program... even if he rights the ship in two years or so and gets us back to where we were under Leavitt, he should still be fired.

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Who cares if it's UConn or UL? It's not us so it doesn't matter.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,471
  • Days Won:  25

Its going to be either UL or UConn taken during this round... there won't be a next round for the Big East...

I have heard on XM ESPN Radio, The Fan, and a few other channels that IF the ACC takes another football school from the Big East then the Big East basketball schools will move to vote to dissolve the Big East football conference, and will either move to raid other basketball conferences or merge with another major basketball conference.

"IF" this occurs then USF, Natti, and either UL or UConn in addition to UCF, Houston, and SMU will be likely picked up by CUSA or the remaining schools can try to create a new conference on their own. Either way we are screwed. Navy will remain an Indy, while Boise State and San Diego State will likely go back to the MWC.

I didn't know there was a Big East Football Conference.

Disagree about the downward spiral back when Skip was hired, Leavitt might not have been the best coach but he made us what we were.

Agree about how Skippy has destroyed this program... even if he rights the ship in two years or so and gets us back to where we were under Leavitt, he should still be fired.

Not meant to be a slam on Leavitt. Was not a fanboy of his but respected that somehow USF was competitive. Only a slam on Skippy poo.

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

We have to hope for as much chaos as possible at this point... Boys (and ladies) this could get real ugly, real quick...

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

With the ACC picking up either UConn or UL they are a lock for the best basketball conference in the country. BE tv contract negotiations can't be going all that well with this rumor.

who would pay anything for big east now

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091

Not meant to be a slam on Leavitt. Was not a fanboy of his but respected that somehow USF was competitive. Only a slam on Skippy poo.

downward spiral staredt with leavitt

we didnt win a thing with him and he was out recruited and out coached by rutgers

Edited by smazza

down spiral start with leavitt

we didnt win a thiong with him and he would get out recruited and out coached by rutgers

Tired of going over this ad nauseum but they were competitive and made a bowl every year once they made it to the Big East. We were a competitive middle of the road team. Now, we just suck.

Once again, not really fair to compare USF to what Southern Cal would consider success or failure. The last time USC had success without cheating, USF did not have football.

Shiano made Rutgers and I doubt anyone would say Leavitt is better than Schiano.

Now, to agree with you, if you simply say that you expected more so you wanted someone else, I cannot disagree. To say we were not at least competitive is really dismissing the facts.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049

down spiral start with leavitt

we didnt win a thiong with him and he would get out recruited and out coached by rutgers

Tired of going over this ad nauseum but they were competitive and made a bowl every year once they made it to the Big East. We were a competitive middle of the road team. Now, we just suck.

Once again, not really fair to compare USF to what Southern Cal would consider success or failure. The last time USC had success without cheating, USF did not have football.

Shiano made Rutgers and I doubt anyone would say Leavitt is better than Schiano.

Now, to agree with you, if you simply say that you expected more so you wanted someone else, I cannot disagree. To say we were not at least competitive is really dismissing the facts.

When Leavitt plateaued, USF was an overachieving 25-50 rank team

Under Holtz, we have become an underachieving 50-75 rank team.

Neither of them could/ can take USF where we want to go, Leavitt because he was consistently outmaneuvered by the coaching of our conference competitors, Holtz because he truly doesn't have a clue what it means to even maneuver (much less out-maneuver) at the highest levels of D1 football.

Edited by charsibb
  • Upvote 1