• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is Lou Holtz blind?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Public. Hence, I turned to basketball.

:)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

His co-workers should not have put him on the spot regarding his son. That was bad mannered. It's obvious to everyone his son is struggling here at USF. I felt bad for the guy and thought it was inappropriate.

What do they expect him to say about his son? That USF should fire him? Please.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Lou is a human anatomy the rhymes with genius

If you think genius and penis rhyme, you're saying at least one of those words wrong.

That was a dad talking at halftime. That's all.

My dad, a college coach, was never so blind regarding my abilities or lack thereof.

How many times was your dad on national television discussing your abilities?

• Topic Count:  161
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

This might be our last game in prime time on ESPN, read Lou's biography his son sucked so bad he replaced him as OC at South Carolina , Nuff said

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

look-- you will never get anywhere without failing somewhere along the way. It makes you better in the long run (usually).

I just don't see how this ship gets righted under Skip though.

I would much rather see it righted than continuing to sink-- this isn't about hating anyone other than losing

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Sounded to me Lou knew what was about to go down.

His son will be looking for a job soon.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

My dad, a college coach, was never so blind regarding my abilities or lack thereof.

Sure, but was he on national TV?

I doubt Lou Holtz believes what he's spewing...and I can bet you that they probably had a long talk about Skip's inability to coach a BCS team over Thanksgiving dinner.

Honestly, Skip is probably regretting leaving ECU right now. He had it good there. He's not cut out for this level of competition. He needs to go back to coaching mid-majors, since he's done that well.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

don't take this the wrong way, but most people who haven't sat through all these losses will see Holtz as snake bit-- losing a lot of close games and in the waning moments of games.

He is probably a better coach than what he is showing. I wonder if he just has lost confidence in himself. He might need to do a stint of coordinating somewhere under another coach to get some perspective on how to do this job or simply to reboot.

Sometimes you just get caught up in a situation where nothing you do is ever the right move to the point where you start screwing up things you would know not to do normally. I think Skip is at that point and I don't think Vero is going to fix him.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

I bet Skip is pissed, Lou had the chance to convince his employer to give him $2 million unemployement.

Lou is just doing what he always does...sticking to his convicitons. It only took 20 years for his Notre Dame in the NC game prediction to be correct, maybe Skip will have us doing well in 2030.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

Sure, but was he on national TV?

I doubt Lou Holtz believes what he's spewing...and I can bet you that they probably had a long talk about Skip's inability to coach a BCS team over Thanksgiving dinner.

Honestly, Skip is probably regretting leaving ECU right now. He had it good there. He's not cut out for this level of competition. He needs to go back to coaching mid-majors, since he's done that well.

By the time holtz's contract is up we will likely end up being a mid major again from the way things seem to be shaping up. All he needs to do is tread water the next year or two assuming USF does not let him go and we will end up with ECU as a peer institution.