• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GA article that skip likely to be back

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

I have chosen to laugh and be irreverent rather than being angry or depressed.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Unfortunately Doug, Judy and the gang don't see the bigger picture. Holtz being here next year will further diminish this football program, I hope I am wrong, but the statistics speak loudly for themselves.

Edited by BullFan98

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Coming off a 3 win season, Playing the likes of McNesse St, FAU , Miami, OOC and our conference schedule which should be Temple, Cincy, Louisville (if they are still in the conference and we stay on same roation) , Look to see Tickets sales drop in half easily. Why wouldnt the average fan (non donor) not just buy the games they want on stubhub for 3-5 bucks instead of paying alot more only to be stuck with them when they dont attend?

TV money is not looking better than the current TV deal with all the defections, Revenue from ticket sales, parking, concessions will drop, Funding from the State dropped as well. All spells time to fire Skip and possibly Doug.(Doug if he doesnt fire Skip)

If you think it cant get worse ask the Buc's , they went from over 100,000 season ticket waiting list(high priced seats and full price for concessions) to black outs, discounts on concessions and tickets prices dropped the last 2 years.

WAKE UP USF it can and it will happen to YOU as well.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693

Coming off a 3 win season, Playing the likes of McNesse St, FAU , Miami, OOC and our conference schedule which should be Temple, Cincy, Louisville (if they are still in the conference and we stay on same roation) , Look to see Tickets sales drop in half easily. Why wouldnt the average fan (non donor) not just buy the games they want on stubhub for 3-5 bucks instead of paying alot more only to be stuck with them when they dont attend?

TV money is not looking better than the current TV deal with all the defections, Revenue from ticket sales, parking, concessions will drop, Funding from the State dropped as well. All spells time to fire Skip and possibly Doug.(Doug if he doesnt fire Skip)

If you think it cant get worse ask the Buc's , they went from over 100,000 season ticket waiting list(high priced seats and full price for concessions) to black outs, discounts on concessions and tickets prices dropped the last 2 years.

You are spot on and next year USF will get hit very, very hard...

Between the economy which is getting much worse, and the sad state of our program it has the potential to be the worst season in the history of our program.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

They'll drop more than in half thanks to the generous FSU fans who bought season tickets. They would have dropped in half if we had a good season. I expect 1/3 of the season tickets next year at most

Fire Holtz. The 2.5 million you pay will be a pittance compared with the damage that will be inflicted by keeping him another year.

They'll drop more than in half thanks to the generous FSU fans who bought season tickets. They would have dropped in half if we had a good season. I expect 1/3 of the season tickets next year at most

What's sad about this is just a few years ago if we played them here, you would have had a lot of their fans but not nearly as many as we had this year. Our fans are not inspired by the brand of football Skippy puts on the field. Edited by Mission9

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  1

USF athletics is so poorly run its no longer painful, just laughable. Next years attendance is going to be pathetic and I honestly cannot see how they think holtz will turn things around? I can no longer defend USF when my friends ask why holtz is still around. Holtz would be fired at pretty much any other university...not USF

Edited by BullsPride04

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I really would like to know what the administration is looking at that gives them any reasons for hope of Skip being able to turn things around:

* Defense has been bad and continues to get worse

* At best you are going into next season with a QB with no more than 2 starts and 3/4 of a game of experience

* The most experienced back we have returning (Shaw) currently has a total of 285 career yards and has shown no signs that point to being a workload type of back

* The WR group, although seemingly physically gifted continues to run bad routes and drop more passes than they catch

* Through 10 games the defense has a total of 2 interceptions

* Coaching staff continues to make nonsensical plays calls, idiotic game and personnel management (Jordan Duval Started at WR on Saturday. I believe David Aristil started one

game before he was hurt, for what? To prove a point?) and has shown no signs of development themselves

I really don't have any clue what the administration is looking at that points to things could be turned around. If it looked like we were only one, two or even three players away or that even one of the units just needed adjustments then I would agree, but The freaking team, for next year, needs to be overhauled from what I see.

What coaches does Skip keep? Maybe Fitch. Other than that, Vaas as a Tight ends Coach is a waste, Hargreaves units (both line and especially ST) are freaking disasters, Smith is a comedian in more ways than one. Shankweiler's OL suck and were covered up by BJ's running ability and Pathon's WR unit is horrible. Put Cosh in a Taxi and take the rest of them with him.

If Skip stays there needs to be major surgery on the entire staff.

In 31 years of being a part of and following USF athletics I never thought I would say this, but if what is Greg saying is true, I hope UC and Pitt blow us out and shut us out so the administration is embarrassed into firing him.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  1

^^^^ sad thing is even if Pitt and UC both beat us 50 to 0 I think holtz returns. Our athletic department and its leadership are pathetic