• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TIME EFFIN OUT, HOLTZ!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Reprehensible. Indefensible. And what is his excuse? "It didn't make the difference in the game's ending so it didn't matter". What an idiot. I am over it.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Reprehensible. Indefensible. And what is his excuse? "It didn't make the difference in the game's ending so it didn't matter". What an idiot. I am over it.

He actually said that? I don't watch his pressers.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936

Yes he actually said that

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

That's pisspoor.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I've waited a few days for my blood to stop boiling before posting about this, but now my pressure's back up. I've simply never seen a clearer evidence of incompetence anywhere in any field or area of industry. And certainly not from someone who's making $2,000,000 a year. As GaUSFBull said, any high school or even peewee coach knows how to call timeouts in a clock management situation...for Skip to not know how to or just freeze up in the clutch is just inexcusable for a BCS program. This guy needs to go last week and then find another field of work--he sucks at this one.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,683
  • Days Won:  8

I've waited a few days for my blood to stop boiling before posting about this, but now my pressure's back up. I've simply never seen a clearer evidence of incompetence anywhere in any field or area of industry. And certainly not from someone who's making $2,000,000 a year. As GaUSFBull said, any high school or even peewee coach knows how to call timeouts in a clock management situation...for Skip to not know how to or just freeze up in the clutch is just inexcusable for a BCS program. This guy needs to go last week and then find another field of work--he sucks at this one.

I thought we would start calling time outs when the clock went below 2 minutes. Didn't call a single one... would have had a minimum two extra plays. Could have even mixed in a run or two, the whole play book was open to us.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I think it made a tremendous difference in the outcome of the game. If the coach isn't trying, why should the players? They didn't in the third quarter. Thanks, Skip.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

I think it made a tremendous difference in the outcome of the game. If the coach isn't trying, why should the players? They didn't in the third quarter. Thanks, Skip.

+1 Going into the locker room at 16-7 would have been huge. Momentum is everything in college football.

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038

I thought we would start calling time outs when the clock went below 2 minutes. Didn't call a single one... would have had a minimum two extra plays. Could have even mixed in a run or two, the whole play book was open to us.

I was yelling at the TV at the pizza shop we were watching the game. I was like "TIMEOUT, YOU NINCOMPOOP!"

• 6 years later...

• Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  444
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/17/2012 at 5:06 PM, 8u11`o3 said:

Last straw for me... this man is treating our program like a disposable diaper.

Tonight brought me right back here to the last time I jumped ship.  Holtz was gone 2 weeks later. 

For Strong, it was the punt on 4th and 1 at mid-field down 2 scores in the 4th quarter. 

As was the case with Holtz, whether its incompetence, self-doubt, or apathy, or all of the above, I can't support a program that doesn't make an attempt to compete.

• Upvote 1