• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My First Bulls Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Oldbull's story is pretty typical of usf alumni that graduated pre-97. We have to do a better job of getting these folks back into the fold at USF. Winning usually does that, so it surprises me that you choose this abysmal season to jump on. Better late than never, Oldbull77. Get your season tickets and strap on into the bitchfest that the Bullspen has become.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

Since you like "The Bull", a former FSU season ticket holder, and are new to the experience, you might like this.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

If you want to dive deeper into the team their are some YouTube subscriptions you should have as well. I can post them when I get home later.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Colorado has a Buffalo, Texas has the Bull, and yet we cant? Cant or wont which is two different things.

It has nothing to do with the TSA or RayJay, I have asked these people and they said that they would not mind having a live Bull. Athletics swears its not them, the Alumni Assoc. swears its not them either, so it must be the Presidents office that is stopping it. Now if the Presidents office says that they are not blocking it then I guess fairies or the Smoking Man are stopping it because outside of the TSA, RayJay, Alumni, Athletics, and the Presidents office nobody else has the power to oversee a live mascot.

Based on my research at UGA, Colorado, UT, Auburn, LSU, UNC, Air Force, Navy, and now UF (apparently they have had a live Gator on the sidelines this season with a taped up mouth) the Alumni Association funds a "Live Mascot Fund" each year with enough money to offset the costs associated with feeding, keeping, housing, and breeding new future generations of mascots for the school.

The Alumni Assoc. has a panel established who overseas the distributions of the funds to the breeders, how much the breeder can sell unwanted offspring from the blood line to fellow alumni, and make the final decision as to which of the untapped animals in the breeders pen will be the next mascot when the current mascot either dies or gets too old to perform his duties. The panel also ensures that the breeders keep the blood line of the live mascot as in tact as possible.

Generally from what I have been able to deduce the breeder has a 30-70 or a 40-60 profit sharing relationship with the school as far as the selling of unwanted offspring go. The guy that raises the Bevo's out in Texas sells the unwanted longhorn bulls that came from the bloodline at auction for a pretty penny, or general studding out of Bevo himself and the breeder gets 40% of that final sale price and the school gets 60%. Likewise at Georgia the breeder gets a 30% profit from studding fees or from the sale of an unwanted litter while the AA gets 70%. The breeder is also on the schools payroll and gets a bunch of other items like sideline access, free merchandise, and so fourth out of the deal which is why they do it despite getting the short end of the straw.

I know the ranchers that tried to get a live Brahma for USF and they still have some of the Bulls on their ranches. All of the live Bulls that were raised for USF came from Hernando County. When I move out of Spring Hill and onto my 8.5 acre farmstead in Brooksville I'm going to get a calf from one of those live Rocky Bulls from my breeder pal who owns the last Rocky that has yet to be sold, raise it, train it to be docile around people (thus to alleviate any liability issues), and approach the University Alumni Assoc. with a proposal for a live mascot.

If they say no then I will see about working with the TSA to rent space outside the stadium and see if I can park him there during games to spite the University.

If UCF can have live Brahma Bulls at their ****** stadium the last time we played them, then I don't see why we can't as well. Especially given that the TSA is apparently fine with it as long as you have the event insurance to cover the animal which is already covered under USF's current event insurance policy. If I did it myself I would have to get my own policy, but since I would just be displaying a live animal, and nothing else, the policy would be a drop in the bucket.

13449009f432a4cfd045.png

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

oldbull77, my personal preference is somewhere between the 20's in the club section. Donation is a bit more, but for me, I can see the field better. We're on the east side and have pretty much had the same people there every year.

Tailgating in lot 6 for every home game since we moved to RayJay. The parking Nazi's pack us in pretty tight, but generally all USF fans. We do stay after games to let the traffic jam move before even thinking of leaving. Usually less than an hour, but enough time for a snack and a beer.

Colorado has a Buffalo, Texas has the Bull, and yet we cant? Cant or wont which is two different things.

It has nothing to do with the TSA or RayJay, I have asked these people and they said that they would not mind having a live Bull. Athletics swears its not them, the Alumni Assoc. swears its not them either, so it must be the Presidents office that is stopping it. Now if the Presidents office says that they are not blocking it then I guess fairies or the Smoking Man are stopping it because outside of the TSA, RayJay, Alumni, Athletics, and the Presidents office nobody else has the power to oversee a live mascot.

Based on my research at UGA, Colorado, UT, Auburn, LSU, UNC, Air Force, Navy, and now UF (apparently they have had a live Gator on the sidelines this season with a taped up mouth) the Alumni Association funds a "Live Mascot Fund" each year with enough money to offset the costs associated with feeding, keeping, housing, and breeding new future generations of mascots for the school.

The Alumni Assoc. has a panel established who overseas the distributions of the funds to the breeders, how much the breeder can sell unwanted offspring from the blood line to fellow alumni, and make the final decision as to which of the untapped animals in the breeders pen will be the next mascot when the current mascot either dies or gets too old to perform his duties. The panel also ensures that the breeders keep the blood line of the live mascot as in tact as possible.

Generally from what I have been able to deduce the breeder has a 30-70 or a 40-60 profit sharing relationship with the school as far as the selling of unwanted offspring go. The guy that raises the Bevo's out in Texas sells the unwanted longhorn bulls that came from the bloodline at auction for a pretty penny, or general studding out of Bevo himself and the breeder gets 40% of that final sale price and the school gets 60%. Likewise at Georgia the breeder gets a 30% profit from studding fees or from the sale of an unwanted litter while the AA gets 70%. The breeder is also on the schools payroll and gets a bunch of other items like sideline access, free merchandise, and so fourth out of the deal which is why they do it despite getting the short end of the straw.

I know the ranchers that tried to get a live Brahma for USF and they still have some of the Bulls on their ranches. All of the live Bulls that were raised for USF came from Hernando County. When I move out of Spring Hill and onto my 8.5 acre farmstead in Brooksville I'm going to get a calf from one of those live Rocky Bulls from my breeder pal who owns the last Rocky that has yet to be sold, raise it, train it to be docile around people (thus to alleviate any liability issues), and approach the University Alumni Assoc. with a proposal for a live mascot.

If they say no then I will see about working with the TSA to rent space outside the stadium and see if I can park him there during games to spite the University.

If UCF can have live Brahma Bulls at their ****** stadium the last time we played them, then I don't see why we can't as well. Especially given that the TSA is apparently fine with it as long as you have the event insurance to cover the animal which is already covered under USF's current event insurance policy. If I did it myself I would have to get my own policy, but since I would just be displaying a live animal, and nothing else, the policy would be a drop in the bucket.

13449009f432a4cfd045.png

Ralphie, the Colorado Buffalo is a cow.

Bevo, is not a bull. He's a steer. Big difference in temperament once the boys come off.

Bubba, build a good strong fence and hope there are no cows within a half mile or so of your place. Or they are at least down wind. I've seen a bull go through a barn wall to get to a piece of ass before. I've raised them from bottle to stud stock. Not something to take lightly. It's not like having a dog, so I commend you.

Also I'd get Brangus instead of Brama. In case things didn't work out, you at least get some decent steaks, roasts, and hamburger out of the deal. :)

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

13449009f432a4cfd045.png

Ralphie, the Colorado Buffalo is a cow.

Bevo, is not a bull. He's a steer. Big difference in temperament once the boys come off.

Bubba, build a good strong fence and hope there are no cows within a half mile or so of your place. Or they are at least down wind. I've seen a bull go through a barn wall to get to a piece of ass before. I've raised them from bottle to stud stock. Not something to take lightly. It's not like having a dog, so I commend you.

Thanks... my father-in-law has 32 head of cattle and can't wait for me to get this one bull so he can mess with me, and show me the ropes. I have never raised one on my own, but if it means a live mascot for USF either officially or unofficially then so be it.

My father-in-law suggested Brangus, but I'm going for the 100% authentic feel so I'll do a Brahma. I'm also sticking with a Brahma because that is what the Rocky is up here, and because as long as you get them used to people and crowds of people they can be very docile from what I have been told by the ranchers.

Now if I could only win the lotto to start construction on that pesky OCS I would be a happier poster for the most part.

Edited by Bubba Bull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

Oldbull's story is pretty typical of usf alumni that graduated pre-97. We have to do a better job of getting these folks back into the fold at USF. Winning usually does that, so it surprises me that you choose this abysmal season to jump on. Better late than never, Oldbull77. Get your season tickets and strap on into the bitchfest that the Bullspen has become.

more like pre-1983 -- we didn't have football buit we had some good basketball during those years. And we were the ones that kept pushing to get a team on campus. Lots of alumni from those years are hardcore football fans.

As for this new guy-- I'm not sold. It smells of some FSU fan wanting to tell us how great FSU is/was/whatever on our board while acting like he's never even heard of USF football or any wins we've had. Fails to mention beating them in 2009 completely? what was he living under a freaking rock? Sorry-- seems an awful lot like some FSU fan trolling/beating his chest. Let's just say I am skeptical. And of all the games in the world to go see-- it was this crapfest of a game against UConn? Something smells here folks. 2/10 rent, do not buy

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1