• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My First Bulls Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  18
  • Days Won:  0

Attended the UConn game - my first USF football game. Graduated USF in '77. (USF had no football program then, so never grew attached to any athletic programs.) Am considering going to more games. maybe even season tickets next year, and need some help from y'all. But first - my college football fan experience.

Went back to grad school in mid-80's at FSU. Too busy getting doctorate to care about football - until (by a fluke) I played a round of golf with Bobby Bowden (yes, THAT Bobby Bowden), and was invited to watch an FSU game from sidelines. Had played high-school football, but wasn't ready for what I experienced on that sideline. They were/are SERIOUS about football at FSU.

Had FSU season tickets from 1990 to 2002 - thru the 'Dynasty' years, and two National Championships. Unless you've been in the stadium during an FSU/UF game, with a national championship on the line, you can't appreciate the level of intensity/energy/crazy - it's palpable.

But I gave all that up after 2002. Got tired of the 6 hour drive to Tallahassee, the over-priced hotel rooms, the booster fees just to maintain my seating priority, and the escalating ticket prices.

Been missing the college-football-in-the-stadium experience. Since I'm a USF alum, and can get to RayJ stadium in under one hour, adopting the Bulls as my team was the obvious choice. So I attended my first game last Saturday. (I intentionally avoided the USF/FSU game earlier this year, because the vibe would have been too weird. Kind of like having your ex-girlfriend along on your first date with a new girl.)

Here is my impression of attending a Bulls home game. First, I don't know the name of the tune the band plays when they bob&weave, and the fans waive the horns in a circle overhead - but I like it. It ain't the Seminole 'chop' - yet. But it has potential ! If the Bulls ever devolpe an explosive offense, and/or a crushing defense, that bob&weave will become a symbol of intimidation - which is always good to have in such circumstances.

Second - we need a live bull in the stadium! Texas has 'Bevo' - so why can't USF have a live bull? At FSU, Osceola rides out on Renegade - an iconic image. (Even my wife, who couldn't care less about football, loves to see Osceola on Renegade plant that flaming spear in the middle of the field.) USF needs a live brahma bull running out onto the field ahead of the team. Even better to have him run out and take a dump in front of the visitor's bench!

So now my questions: What's the best deal on season seats? Which is the best parking lot for tailgating? Do any USF fans drink themselves into a stupor in the parking lot after the team loses - and get beligerant? Does USF have an 'archrival' they play every year - and will I have to listen to **** from their fans for a year if USF loses to them? (Trust me, there are few things on earth more obnoxious than a Gator fan!)

oldbull77

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879

welcome to the crew. the live bull idea has been discussed and shelved due to liability issues. best deal is family section if that appeals. otherwise look for seats about the 10 yeard line for a fairly small 'donation' and decent price.

yes, fans get drunk and stupid here too.

UCF is the obnoxious rival, about to become moreso with annual conference games. USF is 4-0 (under leavitt) against them, but games in Orlando have been close.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432

welcome to the crew. the live bull idea has been discussed and shelved due to liability issues. best deal is family section if that appeals. otherwise look for seats about the 10 yeard line for a fairly small 'donation' and decent price.

yes, fans get drunk and stupid here too.

UCF is the obnoxious rival, about to become moreso with annual conference games. USF is 4-0 (under leavitt) against them, but games in Orlando have been close.

What he said. UCF is definitely our rival but obviously nothing compared to the FSU/UF rivalry.

I believe the song you are referring to that the band plays is simply called "The Bull".

As far as your first game, you picked a game that I don't feel is truly representative of what USF games can be. I've been to a lot of USF games and I will say that was probably the poorest attendance I've ever personally seen. When you're 2-6 and sucked last season too, there are a lot of season ticket holders that aren't even coming out to the games now.

With that said, I think things will improve next season, I'm feeling hopeful. Always good to add another Bull to the home crowd, and USF season tickets are one of the most affordable sporting event options in the Tampa area. You should definitely get some season tickets!

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

You should be able to get some very good seats for very little money next year (compared to FSU season tickets). I know a few long time season ticket holders who are giving up seats due to their discontent with the direction of the football program and recent results (past two years). I would imagine there will be a lot of options for you in various price ranges. Welcome aboard and thanks for supporting the USF Bulls.

I too think we should have a live bull, in addition to Rocky, as our mascot. We should reach out to Texas to see how they handle all of the logistics. I am sure it is an expensive endeavor; money that may well be spent elsewhere (buyout).

Edited by BullFan98

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Endzone seats are $130 I believe your first year since you're an alum, or upper deck corner for $75...

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Colorado has a Buffalo, Texas has the Bull, and yet we cant? Cant or wont which is two different things.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Colorado has a Buffalo, Texas has the Bull, and yet we cant? Cant or wont which is two different things.

I think it has to with TSA more than anything.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

I think it has to with TSA more than anything.

here comes the OCS discussion :D
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Very well could be TSA, But here is a kicker, I worked for one of the hospitals that was affilated with the Outback bowl, Had field passes, Those schools are allowed to bring thier animals to the game, Ive got my pic with UGA and some other famous live mascots.

UGA has been known to bite, Ask the Auburn Player

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

:FIREdevil: :FIREdevil: :FIREdevil: :FIREdevil: :FIREdevil: let's start the movement for the live bull