• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Are You Getting your Money's worth?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Hell no!!! Between hotels and that is just for home games meals season tix etc.. Hell no Hell no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hotels?

On more than 1 occasion, when I lived in Gainesville, I'd drive down to a Rays night game and drive back to G'ville that night ... don't need no stinkin' hotel for a 1 hr. 45 min. drive! ;)

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

Buying a paper bag to put on my head will put me at the 10k mark.....so no

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I don't have season tickets this season and I'd say that I'm not getting my money's worth... however I will be getting 3 of them next season regardless of what we do this season.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  211
  • Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

Hell no!!! Between hotels and that is just for home games meals season tix etc.. Hell no Hell no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hotels?

On more than 1 occasion, when I lived in Gainesville, I'd drive down to a Rays night game and drive back to G'ville that night ... don't need no stinkin' hotel for a 1 hr. 45 min. drive! ;)

I see your point but when you bring your wife 7 year old and an 8 month old baby kinda hard to drive back on those night games. Back in the day it would have been no problem.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Moneys worth?

NO!

I look at my season tickets ($27.00) and I see them selling them out front for $5.00......

Not to be a *****, but they've been selling for $5 for several years, even when we've done well.

People were giving away UConn tickets in 2007 after everyone bought them in that #2 ranking rush

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

This whole idea of "Am I getting my money's worth" is stupid. It's sports, there is ALWAYS that risk.

Ask Auburn fans if they're going to ditch season tickets that have been in their family for decades because of this year.

Or ask those Lightning bandwagoners who bought season tickets in 2011 for playoff tickets alone how they felt about 2012.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Skip Holtz and Chris Cosh are getting there money's worth.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

not sure if this is a serious question...

nobody is getting their moneys worth unless you love seeing USF lose in person.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

This whole idea of getting your "money's worth" from college sports is disturbing to me. You either are a fan and support your school or you aren't. Really, 1 team per year wins the national championship. Realistically there are about 10 - 15 schools that have a chance at a national title. I know, I know, you guys aren't looking for a national championship. You just want a Big East championship or to be competitive in the conference. Lots of, MOST in fact, schools have disappointing year(s). So everyone just stops donating and quits buying tickets? Lots of commitment there by the "fans".

Even if you do take a step back and look at this from an entertainment perspective, what game hasn't been entertaining this year? Sure, the results aren't what we want but there have been some exciting games. So what a lot of you guys are saying is that your money has not produced enough victories for your liking. It can't be that the games haven't been entertaining. Every game goes down to the wire. It IS entertaining. The RESULTS aren't what you like. I'm not happy with the results either. Don't take this rant as me enjoying this year. But I'm not bailing on the school.

I've said this in the past. If you pull your financial support you just make it more difficult to buy out contracts. Then when they don't make a coaching change you'll whine like little girls that they didn't make the change. Maybe your $250 or $10,000 donation or season ticket purchase will help in them affording to make that change.

Just bothers me that people are ready to bail on the program after 2 poor years. You all are going to do what you like, but please don't come back in 2,3 or 4 years when we are winning and say your are a fan/supporter of USF athletics. </rant>

My name is Cousin Ricky and I approved this message.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

This whole idea of getting your "money's worth" from college sports is disturbing to me. You either are a fan and support your school or you aren't. Really, 1 team per year wins the national championship. Realistically there are about 10 - 15 schools that have a chance at a national title. I know, I know, you guys aren't looking for a national championship. You just want a Big East championship or to be competitive in the conference. Lots of, MOST in fact, schools have disappointing year(s). So everyone just stops donating and quits buying tickets? Lots of commitment there by the "fans".

Even if you do take a step back and look at this from an entertainment perspective, what game hasn't been entertaining this year? Sure, the results aren't what we want but there have been some exciting games. So what a lot of you guys are saying is that your money has not produced enough victories for your liking. It can't be that the games haven't been entertaining. Every game goes down to the wire. It IS entertaining. The RESULTS aren't what you like. I'm not happy with the results either. Don't take this rant as me enjoying this year. But I'm not bailing on the school.

I've said this in the past. If you pull your financial support you just make it more difficult to buy out contracts. Then when they don't make a coaching change you'll whine like little girls that they didn't make the change. Maybe your $250 or $10,000 donation or season ticket purchase will help in them affording to make that change.

Just bothers me that people are ready to bail on the program after 2 poor years. You all are going to do what you like, but please don't come back in 2,3 or 4 years when we are winning and say your are a fan/supporter of USF athletics. </rant>

My name is Cousin Ricky and I approved this message.

Honestly, Ricky, although there have been rumblings elsewhere, nobody on this thread has actually said they're bailing .... In fact, one masochist without season tickets has said he's buying them next year regardless. Your rant was dead on but maybe just a bit ill timed .... but will probably be needed at some point in the future so it will be a nice c&p job at that time. ;)