• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Statement says it all I think

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I'm sure there was punishmwnt and was handled in house. If you really want Skip to come out and insult them so you feel like he has fire so be it.

There are a lot of things Skip is struggling with. This statement isn't one.

Can't be sure that it was. Skip doesn't have to come out and say I made them do 50 up downs, 20 suicides...blah blah blah.

But I could imagine how CJL would have responded to the questions, "I know who they are and they are being dealt with, next question!" *spoken in a raspy horse voice

That's fine. But maybe, just maybe Skip isn't willing to discuss it. It's absurd to think nothing was said to those players...

I agree. For some reason some of the people around here simply don't understand that if it isn't reported in the paper then it just didn't happen.

I'm sure it was addressed both in team meetings and then again individually. Discipline issues don't need to be reported to the media.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Some of you are amazing, before the season the DB coach calls out players for being soft, "he shouldn't have done that publicly, that's not the way to handle that, it should be done behind closed doors" was the jist of the comments. Now, "Skip should publicly address the discipline, he should show backbone". Make up your minds. Like Joe said Skip haa a lot of things he's struggling with, but this isn't one of them. It's like the post where someone tried to blame the poor grad rate of players that were here long before Skip. I'm not defending his overall coaching, but this witch hunt is pathetic.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,075
  • Days Won:  2

Does anyone even feel that if Holtz started to win he could repair the damage he has done with the fans? Although I would love to win I don't think he could ever win me back to his side. I will support the players but I feel Holtz is a fraud.

I too think he's a fraud and pretty much robbed us blind. I will support the players, but not holtz

I agree. I bet he is laughing at us and counting his money right now! Is he fired yet?

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,074
  • Days Won:  172

Does anyone even feel that if Holtz started to win he could repair the damage he has done with the fans? Although I would love to win I don't think he could ever win me back to his side. I will support the players but I feel Holtz is a fraud.

I too think he's a fraud and pretty much robbed us blind. I will support the players, but not holtz

he was given the keys to the bank by the AD and the president

you cant fault the guy for taking the money

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,075
  • Days Won:  2

he was given the keys to the bank by the AD and the president

you cant fault the guy for taking the money

Seems like we have been in this situation before.... Maybe we need to be careful about the already limited funds we throw at coaches.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,074
  • Days Won:  172

we need accountablilty

the ad and or president need to fired for such poor judgment

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

we need accountablilty

the ad and or president need to fired for such poor judgment

maybe you can file a frivolous lawsuit for us

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  370
  • Days Won:  0

I'm sure there was punishmwnt and was handled in house. If you really want Skip to come out and insult them so you feel like he has fire so be it.

There are a lot of things Skip is struggling with. This statement isn't one.

Can't be sure that it was. Skip doesn't have to come out and say I made them do 50 up downs, 20 suicides...blah blah blah.

But I could imagine how CJL would have responded to the questions, "I know who they are and they are being dealt with, next question!" *spoken in a raspy horse voice

That's fine. But maybe, just maybe Skip isn't willing to discuss it. It's absurd to think nothing was said to those players...

I agree. For some reason some of the people around here simply don't understand that if it isn't reported in the paper then it just didn't happen.

I'm sure it was addressed both in team meetings and then again individually. Discipline issues don't need to be reported to the media.

Just comparing the two guys, CJL vs. CSH. Like I said Skip doesn't have to come out and say it and we all know how CJL 'dealt' with it.

When I coached High School ball I didn't tell the teachers what I did but I would tell the teachers, I know the situation and it's been taken care of.

And you are right a lot should be kept from the media. However, Holtz is under a microscope and anything and everything is up for analysis at this point. When you win it's a little different...

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  370
  • Days Won:  0

I'll further add that Holtz just seems to be in a fog about all this and the statement he made about it further supports my feelings and opinion about him. I keep hearing character, character, character but I keep seeing losing, losing, losing

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

LEAVING EARLY: USF coach Skip Holtz has taken great pride in the way his players have battled to the final second during the team's six-game losing streak, so he was disappointed to find out Monday that a few Bulls players left the field before Saturday's final play, a kickoff from Louisville with three seconds left.

"It bothers me, very much so," Holtz said Monday on the Big East's weekly teleconference. "We're playing this game, we all want to win, but we've all talked about having character and dignity and doing this thing the right way as well. ... You have to have some class and dignity, not only when you lose but when you win as well. I think some of these lessons are hard lessons."

From Greg Auman

Blog

What a lack of fire. No word on how it will be handled. And how do they learn to win with class and dignity when they never win? And didn't Holtz start or try to start that whole team goes to student section to sign school song? What happened to that? I guess all the heartbreak just finished that off too. This guy just talks to talk but does nothing. As a donor I want to see someone in the program do something that at least looks like they are trying to fix the problems. Other than just giving out unwarranted contract extensions and two year deals for piss poor D coordinators. Well one bright spot is Woolard doesn't have to worry about other schools trying to lure Holtz away now.

This guy doesn't even rearrange the Titanic chairs. He just talks to the band about how proud he is that they are playing.

I am aware of the situation and it is being addressed. That is all he had to say.

Can I see a Big East home victory, PLEEEAASSSE