• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Statement says it all I think

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  335
  • Days Won:  1

LEAVING EARLY: USF coach Skip Holtz has taken great pride in the way his players have battled to the final second during the team's six-game losing streak, so he was disappointed to find out Monday that a few Bulls players left the field before Saturday's final play, a kickoff from Louisville with three seconds left.

"It bothers me, very much so," Holtz said Monday on the Big East's weekly teleconference. "We're playing this game, we all want to win, but we've all talked about having character and dignity and doing this thing the right way as well. ... You have to have some class and dignity, not only when you lose but when you win as well. I think some of these lessons are hard lessons."

From Greg Auman

Blog

What a lack of fire. No word on how it will be handled. And how do they learn to win with class and dignity when they never win? And didn't Holtz start or try to start that whole team goes to student section to sign school song? What happened to that? I guess all the heartbreak just finished that off too. This guy just talks to talk but does nothing. As a donor I want to see someone in the program do something that at least looks like they are trying to fix the problems. Other than just giving out unwarranted contract extensions and two year deals for piss poor D coordinators. Well one bright spot is Woolard doesn't have to worry about other schools trying to lure Holtz away now.

This guy doesn't even rearrange the Titanic chairs. He just talks to the band about how proud he is that they are playing.

Edited by BullDut

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  370
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks for posting this. It has become clear he has no backbone...if he did Cosh would be gone and the guys that left field would have been named and disciplined (maybe they have but doubt it).

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Not sure why anyone would want this guy. He came off a losing season and no bowl game...very attractive attributes, better give him a contract extension. What a croc of bull.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Days Won:  12

Its one thing to do the wrong thing, its perplexing to say the wrong thing on top of it all. Holtz, you are the ultimate leader of this team. This is not their problem, its your problem.

Ill go as far as to say good for them for having the balls to show a little passion and be sick of the losses, unlike "coach" Holtz.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

I'm surprised he didn't say that them leaving is probably why we lost.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936

I'm glad some of the players show passion and are pissed off...I wish the coach had passion. I don't think they were walking out on their teammates as much as they were walking out on the coaching staff. Seriously if your bosses at work were this inept could you possibly respect them?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  335

Does anyone even feel that if Holtz started to win he could repair the damage he has done with the fans? Although I would love to win I don't think he could ever win me back to his side. I will support the players but I feel Holtz is a fraud.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936

Does anyone even feel that if Holtz started to win he could repair the damage he has done with the fans? Although I would love to win I don't think he could ever win me back to his side. I will support the players but I feel Holtz is a fraud.

I too think he's a fraud and pretty much robbed us blind. I will support the players, but not holtz

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Winning cures everything; if he could find a way to start winning on a consistant basis I would love to cheer for him. It's just too bad we got the wrong holtz, maybe he should try talking about bumblebees and lisping???? Really he should try anything at this point.