• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What Leavitt built from the ground up has been DESTROYED

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

We know where you stand

At least someone knows my point of view. Thanks!

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

My two cents!

I never really though CSH was going to be the guy but that doesn't matter, it just puts into perspective this.

We have an awful, awful secondary. I was afraid of this secondary coming in and being blown up. CSH said this morning it isn't like he can go out and get 4 new players this year, he has to play with the team he has, it can't be changed throughout the season. Once again I iterate, this secondary is awful, so bad that in an attempt to help with the pass they have to drop TWO more players into the secondary rather than one. And when they do that, good running teams have ran all over us. CSH, a couple of games ago, correctly moved to 7-8 in the box and the run has been effectively shut down so we are now getting smacked around in the passing game.

I am not saying by any stretch of the imagination that CSH and co are fautless but lets not scream Fire Stan Heath (the other CSH whose head people were calling for a couple of years ago) quite yet. CSH has made some good decisions. Last week against Louisville, we finally started putting big tall TEs into the game (see New England Patriots) and all of the sudden we could run the ball. He is trying to slow the game down so the opposing offense isnt on the field so much but its not doing any good because the secondary is such low quality. There is a reason we haven't had an interception this year.

At best, AT BEST, you could argue he hasn't recruited properly, but having a bad secondary isn't really his fault, if thats the best unit we have, thats the best unit we have. Think it's bad now? Wait'll next year when we don't have a QB either.

this is his 3rd year. he has had time to bring in plenty of help if the talent was lacking. I would understand if this were his freshman and sophomores back there gaining experince but they are not. we also had the same problems last year at the end of games and on 3rd and longs. the best help for a weak secondary is pressure. use those 2 he is dropping into coverage to force the QB to get rid of the ball within 2 seconds instead of letting him sit back and wait for plays to develop.

just more excuses blaming the personnel. at what point does he become responsible for the personnel as well as the scheme? we're not playing man. we are playing a soft zone. the point of this defense is to keep plays in front of them. it's not aggressive at all. it's called prevent for a reason.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,075
  • Days Won:  2

My two cents!

I never really though CSH was going to be the guy but that doesn't matter, it just puts into perspective this.

We have an awful, awful secondary. I was afraid of this secondary coming in and being blown up. CSH said this morning it isn't like he can go out and get 4 new players this year, he has to play with the team he has, it can't be changed throughout the season. Once again I iterate, this secondary is awful, so bad that in an attempt to help with the pass they have to drop TWO more players into the secondary rather than one. And when they do that, good running teams have ran all over us. CSH, a couple of games ago, correctly moved to 7-8 in the box and the run has been effectively shut down so we are now getting smacked around in the passing game.

I am not saying by any stretch of the imagination that CSH and co are fautless but lets not scream Fire Stan Heath (the other CSH whose head people were calling for a couple of years ago) quite yet. CSH has made some good decisions. Last week against Louisville, we finally started putting big tall TEs into the game (see New England Patriots) and all of the sudden we could run the ball. He is trying to slow the game down so the opposing offense isnt on the field so much but its not doing any good because the secondary is such low quality. There is a reason we haven't had an interception this year.

At best, AT BEST, you could argue he hasn't recruited properly, but having a bad secondary isn't really his fault, if thats the best unit we have, thats the best unit we have. Think it's bad now? Wait'll next year when we don't have a QB either.

I will give him credit for use of the TE's and do not forget, having the backs in the "I" on that TD to Davis. I am partial to offenses with blocking TE's and fullbacks. I hope to see more of this.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

You know who was a pretty **** good corner a few years ago... Terrence Mitchell. Maybe we should have left him there.

I'm not buying it. If your secondary is weak, you mix things up a lot. Blitz a lot to try to force bad decisions. We're playing soft coverage, and not getting to the QB. So... is everyone 'awful' or is the scheme to blame. I think it's scheme.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Everyone needs to make sure they're sitting before reading this......CSH sucks, and needs to go. It's more than him that's wrong, but Bull94 is correct, the top has to take the hit. With that said, CJL is gone, he's not coming back, so to argue about how he would've done here, or even how well he's doing on an NFL staff is moot.

Orlanobull, our secondary can't cover, part of it's on coaching, but part of it lies with the players themselves. We blitzed on the first few plays of the final drive and got some pressure, but they still completed passes. There's no easy answer, but the coaches are ultimately responsible.

Coaching a team in a silly video game is not the same dude.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397

I could coach the 49ers LBs over the internet and have the same results. Talk about a cush job. Even Leavitt admitted as much when he landed it. He said the LBs were teaching him.

slick...I'm still waiting for you to 'splain to me how Skip is so weak he can't stand up to a handful of college students.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Can't leave your secondary out an island for the time we take to get to the QB. It's atrocious. Like Cosh said, our players deserve better but the players don't get off the hook either. The D-line has been the biggest dissappointment in the BE easily. I don't like the fact that Holtz didn't get his young talent involved until just recently and Chandler should've been starting just based off energy alone. He's done a pretty good job recruiting offensively but his defensive Juco guys have been busts so far. Elkino Watson/Giddens/Forte have regressed and they all have high potential.

All in all it's sad to say, I like what Holtz was trying to do here, but he needs more experience and we can't wait around to let him learn off our backs and our dime. I wish he had more time but he just doesn't and I'm excited to see who can unite this community again and get our pride back.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397

There was in even a website, http://jimleavittmustgo.com/.

If you don't like my opinions, I could care less.

O-kay...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Official-Fire-Skip-Holtz/147440668693624

https://twitter.com/Fire_SkipHoltz

Now maybe you will care less.

What qualifies to know what a stupid comment is?

he's an expert on stupid comments.

So you agree with slick this collapse is the fault of the seniors?

So anything you don't agree with is stupid? My 9 year old acts the same way.

C'mon, slick...I'm waiting for you to 'splain it to me.

“Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.†Robert Heinlein

Lame. You are the one making the statement that Leavitt's guys are ruining things. You need to back them up....

You think its just me? The team has come out and said it. The team, per Holtz, said that they are upset about players that continually make major errors. That was said weeks ago. That a few players on a few plays SCREW UP and that screw up LOSES the game. Repeatedly. Now on whose watch did these players get recruited? For the most part Leavitt's, right? You can call for new coaching. I am calling for new players, ones that are more consistent in execution. Yeah, they (the senior starters) might be able to play better than the younger players at their position, but they aren't consistent. Its like owning a Ferrari that you don't know if when you push the gas peddle if it is going to go forward or backward. I am hoping that some of the upcoming, new starters are MORE consistent in execution.

As for the Leavitt mess. I was one of the few that thought he should stay before the Miller incident. The calls for him to be canned were growing daily because he couldn't do jack in the Big East. I thought he should stay until BJ was a senior. There was in even a website, http://jimleavittmustgo.com/. After the incident I wanted him gone, regardless of who USF hired to replace him. The team didn't deserve a bully for a coach. He wasn't fired for the incident, he was fired for interfering with the investigation. People don't screw with their investigation unless they are worried something is going to be found.

If you don't like my opinions, I could care less.

This answer is not meant to disagree since you added some perspective....

The fact that you support Leavitt before the incident shows how the story can be viewed 2 different ways since I was actually starting to lean towards firing him before the incident. I remember even asking people who they thought USF could get that would be better, almost looking for a reason to join in on the headhunt. I never got an answer other than that anyone could.

When the incident happened, I thought he was guilty but kept telling myself and even posted on the board to wait for things to come out in the investigation. When I saw who in the media kept pushing the story, I started to question the validity of it especially when it kept changing.

I cannot argue with the interfering of the investigation except to add the following: Have you ever been accused of wrongdoing at work or anywhere else? I have and in my haste to "prove" my innocence have been guilty of going overboard with clearing my name. Some close to me have had to come to me to tell me to play cool that the truth of what happened is known by those who matter. I have never had a such a high profile, high paying job so I can imagine that I would be guilty of proving myself innocent. Not condoning that part, just adding perspective.