• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What Leavitt built from the ground up has been DESTROYED

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  2

I could coach the 49ers LBs over the internet and have the same results. Talk about a cush job. Even Leavitt admitted as much when he landed it. He said the LBs were teaching him.

slick...I'm still waiting for you to 'splain to me how Skip is so weak he can't stand up to a handful of college students.

You are a waste of bandwidth.

C'mon, slick...

It was your dumbass statement so please tell us how it's all the seniors fault and how Skip is too weak to stand up to them.

Or did you let your keyboard overload your ass...again?

Do you watch football? Have you seen when a team has a veteran QB that can't get the job done? Their back ups aren't developed and they are stuck with that? Doesn't matter who the coach is, that position needs a replacement. I mean, come on, are you that clueless?

Uh...So why hasn't Skip benched him?

Hmmmm?

O-kay...So whose fault is it there are no backups?

Hmmm?

Well that goes back to when Holtz arrived and was shocked at the lack of talent at key positions. He had to scramble and move players to new positions. I am surprised he won as many games as he did on arrival. It takes time to recruit a team that fits a coach's scheme. He still has a lot of Leavitt's recruits at key positions, there are no trades or free agency in college football.

You say that and I did hear some rumblngs but I also remember some saying that the team was loaded with talent and it should be easy to recruit even more talent since we are in FLA. That was one of the arguments to get rid of Leavitt in the first place.

As far as Skip goes, I guess you are saying he deserves 2 to 3 years more since he gets a mulligan for the 2010 recruiting? If he were 4 and 4 I would buy in but he is an abysmal 2 and 6 with no passion and no hope.....

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I could coach the 49ers LBs over the internet and have the same results. Talk about a cush job. Even Leavitt admitted as much when he landed it. He said the LBs were teaching him.

slick...I'm still waiting for you to 'splain to me how Skip is so weak he can't stand up to a handful of college students.

C'mon, slick...

It was your dumbass statement so please tell us how it's all the seniors fault and how Skip is too weak to stand up to them.

Do you watch football? Have you seen when a team has a veteran QB that can't get the job done? Their back ups aren't developed and they are stuck with that? Doesn't matter who the coach is, that position needs a replacement. I mean, come on, are you that clueless?

Hmmmm?

Hmmm?

Well that goes back to when Holtz arrived and was shocked at the lack of talent at key positions. He had to scramble and move players to new positions. I am surprised he won as many games as he did on arrival. It takes time to recruit a team that fits a coach's scheme. He still has a lot of Leavitt's recruits at key positions, there are no trades or free agency in college football.

^^ Total BS

it depends which way you look at it... in leavitts mind and scheme i'm sure he had a lot of talent...

in skips... with a different philosphy and scheme... he may not have seen the talent and players that fit his scheme...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  2

it depends which way you look at it... in leavitts mind and scheme i'm sure he had a lot of talent...

in skips... with a different philosphy and scheme... he may not have seen the talent and players that fit his scheme...

Good job. Did not really think of it in those terms but it makes sense. I did see it as an excuse but maybe he was thinking in his terms such as lack of any real tight ends.

I think things are getting better on the offensive side since 2009 but the defense has really not shown me much.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

C'mon, slick...

Hmmmm?

Hmmm?

^^ Total BS

then you adapt until you get the players you want

C'mon, slick...

Hmmmm?

Hmmm?

You say that and I did hear some rumblngs but I also remember some saying that the team was loaded with talent and it should be easy to recruit even more talent since we are in FLA. That was one of the arguments to get rid of Leavitt in the first place.

As far as Skip goes, I guess you are saying he deserves 2 to 3 years more since he gets a mulligan for the 2010 recruiting? If he were 4 and 4 I would buy in but he is an abysmal 2 and 6 with no passion and no hope.....

USf is in every game to the finsh. If they weren't, I'd put much more blame on coaching.

so if we were getting blown out you would think it wasn't the talent but being able to stay in until the bitter end and then losing the same way every week makes you think it's talent instead of coaching?

Coaches that are hired to move up don't adapt to their players, the players adapt to them. Rich Rod, Brian Kelly, Spurrier, Holgersen, etc didn't change when they moved. Its what they know, developed, etc..Why change known success?

how did that work for rich rod and where is this proven success of holtz and his system?

I do know that, you know why he got fired, right?

Oh and nick Saban adapts every year, it's why he is great and skip is not