• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF WILL make a Bowl game THIS Year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I am going on record so you can all laugh at me and fire away but also so I can officially be on record when it happens. First of all, I get it, one game at a time, win one, just beat Cuse. I understand the mantra. I also know somebody will post that anyway and those people are missing the point of my post. I like many of you are fed up beyond belief. However, when I look at the make-up of this team, and the talent that is here; I REFUSE to believe that they are just going to tank it the rest of the way. Also, this is no way a reflection in any belief in CSH or in saying he needs to be our coach. So with the caveat that we are NOT a good team this is how I see it playing out…

Syracuse – WIN - They are not a good team either and we “traditionally†(2 yrs ago aside have owned them)

UCONN – WIN – They are not very good either. If the game was up there I would say no way but here they just don’t have the talent, speed, etc to keep up with us.

Miami/Cinci – We will win one and lose one. Not sure which is which but that is how I see it

That would put us at 5-6 with one to go.

Pitt – WIN – Bowl Game on the line, last chance to play and beat them and we deliver.

So there you have it 6-6 and St. Pete Bowl Bound. And after a 2-5 start we would all be thrilled to make it to that point. Of course, you all would be mad because they wouldn’t fire Skip if that all happens.

I hope I am right but if not I will man up and come on here and admit I was wrong. At the beginning of the year when you went through the schedule I know many had us going 8-4 and without the tragedies of Ball State and Temple everything else plays out the same. The rest of our schedule plays out very favorably for us so we just need to do what we have yet to do and that is play to our potential. I for one will be there for my team forever and always and if I am totally wrong and we are 2-9 heading into December I will be at Ray Jay screaming like crazy for my Bulls to beat Pitt.

crack_pipe.jpg

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

I swear if we lose in the last 2 minutes I am going to physically rip my seat off the bolts and heave it down toward the field in blind fury of anger and rage.

If we don't win, we better get blown out.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  87
  • Days Won:  0

I don't see use beating Cuse. They have the best passing offense in the Big East, a good QB, and two good receivers. Our defense has allowed a 69.4% completion rate against opposing QBs, which is the 2nd worst in FBS.

As for Uconn... Yes they're terrible, but they've also beaten use the last two years without scoring an offensive touchdown.

And these are the two most winnable games on our schedule.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

lol

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

All ****** opponents, you never know... 4-8 is more likely.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I put in another thread, the sagarin computer rankings have USF rated higher than Pittsburgh and UConn. Syracuse and Miami are only rated a handful of spots ahead of us. The only team that far outranks USF is Cincinatti, who are really only undefeated once defeated because of their weak schedule.

Every game down the stretch is winnable. However, the Rutgers, Ball State, and Temple games were winnable as well and we see how that turned out.

If we can beat Cuse, we've got an outside shot at the Beef's bowl.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Not to mention USF opened as a 7.5 point favorite over Syracuse, which quite honestly baffles the hell out of me. But Cuse is a winnable game. Hell, Vegas says we should strait up win it.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

I put in another thread, the sagarin computer rankings have USF rated higher than Pittsburgh and UConn. Syracuse and Miami are only rated a handful of spots ahead of us. The only team that far outranks USF is Cincinatti, who are really only undefeated once defeated because of their weak schedule.

Every game down the stretch is winnable. However, the Rutgers, Ball State, and Temple games were winnable as well and we see how that turned out.

If we can beat Cuse, we've got an outside shot at the Beef's bowl.

Beef's Bowl = BCS Bowl ....at this point

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

a bowl game is "best case scenario" for us and will require MAJOR changes in schemes. did something magical happen since Saturday that has opened Holtz's eyes to change things up? we just gonna magically "be better"? not gonna happen.