• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Instant Gratification

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

patience people. can't expect instant gratification.

we are in year three of a rebuild. we haven't bottomed yet. 15 returning starters, 24 seniors this year. we will be young and inexperienced next year.

it takes 4 (maybe 5) years to get rid of all of leavitt's guys. It will take another 2 or 3 years for skip's guys t o get experience. if everything goes perfectly then we should expect to contend for league title in year 7 or 8. what's this ? year 3? hang on and enjoy the ride.

You're being sarcastic, right?

yes. it's idiotic to think we shouldn't expect better in year 3. great coaches can turn programs around(this one didn't need turning around-it needed a bump to the next level)in far less time. If I saw something positive, I would say give him time but we are going in the wrong direction. tons of returning starters, tons of seniors. this is what we get?? 2-5?? I'm not expecting to win NC but to lose to Temple and Ball State in year 3??

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

we are in year three of a rebuild. we haven't bottomed yet. 15 returning starters, 24 seniors this year. we will be young and inexperienced next year.

it takes 4 (maybe 5) years to get rid of all of leavitt's guys. It will take another 2 or 3 years for skip's guys t o get experience. if everything goes perfectly then we should expect to contend for league title in year 7 or 8. what's this ? year 3? hang on and enjoy the ride.

You're being sarcastic, right?

yes. it's idiotic to think we shouldn't expect better in year 3. great coaches can turn programs around(this one didn't need turning around-it needed a bump to the next level)in far less time. If I saw something positive, I would say give him time but we are going in the wrong direction. tons of returning starters, tons of seniors. this is what we get?? 2-5?? I'm not expecting to win NC but to lose to Temple and Ball State in year 3??

Instant gratfiication- WTF that would have been in 1997-1999. We were a program with winning records not losing to the likes of Ballstate and Temple(they got kicked out of the BE for being losers, remember??)

Other coaches around the country can and are winning with other coaches players. A good coach develops players and wins- Skiparoo doesn't do either. He needs to be shown the door.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

Some of our fans are low brow. No thought process. They want instant gratification. It's stupid.

- Trust me. Judy and Doug know this situation blows and the fans aren't happy. If it makes you feel better to email them, go ahead. However the repeated idea tank of how they can get their attention is dumb.

- The department is committed to winning. They went out and got one of, if not the hottest mid major coach on the biz. It was considered a coup. For whatever reason ( and I don't care right now. There are another 15 threads dedicated to this topic) it hasn't worked out. However canning the guy now, midseason does nothing good for the program move on.

- The loss to Louisville sucked. However it's an undefeated team with one of the best QBs in the country. It's not like Prairie View drove the field on us to win that game.

- The idea of dumping tickets after two bad seasons is sad. We're not UF or Alabama. Our program depends on boosters and ticket holders to make budget...

Joe, you should know better to post something like this so close to a loss ..... especially a record breaking one.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Losing to the Ville was not bad, but given that the Ville handed us that game, and after we had already lost to Temple and Ball State it makes every loss sting worse then normal. What also made this loss smart so bad was that we keep committing the same mistakes... either the players are completely incompetent or its the coaches.

I also hate to agree with you but Skip is not going anywhere until likely the end of the next season... Doug and Judy are under his spell and have been buffaloed into believing that this is all growing pains and that it will get better.

So suck it up y'all, we got the rest of this season and all of next season to deal with the Holtz new Error.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I'm never one to look for a coaching change or for unrealistic records, but I do look for positive development and a bright future.

The closest comparison in football is what we saw in 2004 season where we losing, but there were a lot of young, great players making big impacts throughout the season. There was plenty to point to a bright future and there was a lot of excitement surrounding the program.

You could say the same about basketball when Heath came. McCullum came in and immediately ripped the heart out of the program. To be fair to him, he was brought in to "clean up" the program and bring "discipline" to the program. He did what was asked of him. That being said, he really gut the program. There was zero excitement in the style they played and they couldn't win. In. The last couple of seasons it was just evident there was no hint that the program was going anywhere. It was time to go!!!

With Heath he showed improvement and had success in year 3. There was signs of improvement.

With Holtz it has been boring since day 1. We lucked into a bowl the first year and its been a downward spiral since. Last year sucked, this year is worse and next year, personnel wise looks even worse than that.

How can anyone that says it is about instant gratification point to anything to wait for?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Instant gratification means several things.

1) those who absurdly want Holtz fired this minute. Again, what good does it do us? It's a process.

2) those who want this program at various points. I call BS on those who say they just want to compete. I saw how our fans were back when we did have those chances.

Holtz has sucked. The situation has sucked. I'm on the fence on whether I want him to stay or go. That being said, air your grievances but understand the limitations we're working with from SEVERAL angles...

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Some of our fans are low brow. No thought process. They want instant gratification. It's stupid.

- Trust me. Judy and Doug know this situation blows and the fans aren't happy. If it makes you feel better to email them, go ahead. However the repeated idea tank of how they can get their attention is dumb.

- The department is committed to winning. They went out and got one of, if not the hottest mid major coach on the biz. It was considered a coup. For whatever reason ( and I don't care right now. There are another 15 threads dedicated to this topic) it hasn't worked out. However canning the guy now, midseason does nothing good for the program move on.

- The loss to Louisville sucked. However it's an undefeated team with one of the best QBs in the country. It's not like Prairie View drove the field on us to win that game.

- The idea of dumping tickets after two bad seasons is sad. We're not UF or Alabama. Our program depends on boosters and ticket holders to make budget...

+1000

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

This has got to be the dumbest argument I have heard. No offense. do you really think "Skip's guys" are any better than "Leavitt's guys"? In fact, Leavitt's guys are probably more talented than Skips Guys. At the very least, they were higher rated recruits. Leavitt was recruiting machine, relative to Skip. If anything the talent level might go down some, once all of "Leavitt's guys" are gone.

Oh for the days of gauranteed 8-5/9-4 seasons every year and a trip to the Belk or Compass bowl. At least a Leavitt team was gauranteed to win 8 games each and every year.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

This has got to be the dumbest argument I have heard. No offense. do you really think "Skip's guys" are any better than "Leavitt's guys"? In fact, Leavitt's guys are probably more talented than Skips Guys. At the very least, they were higher rated recruits. Leavitt was recruiting machine, relative to Skip. If anything the talent level might go down some, once all of "Leavitt's guys" are gone.

Oh for the days of gauranteed 8-5/9-4 seasons every year and a trip to the Belk or Compass bowl. At least a Leavitt team was gauranteed to win 8 games each and every year.

Think you missed out on some sarcasm there Tex ;)

I was wondering myself until I saw that 94 posted it.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  1

are you ******* serious..?