• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Money to be saved next year

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

Time.

Now there's an interesting subject.

When you talk to a twenty-one year old - about "long term building" - that phrase has a completely different meaning than when you're talking to a fifty year old. Let's assume that it takes fifty years for USF to square with the Big3. Well, that does me no good, because by then I should be long dead, buried and thoroughly decomposed. No coach thinks he has enough time to develop his program...unless that program puts wins on the board. We're staring at two years of no home conference wins. We fail to see improvement - anywhere - so it doesn't appear that anyone is getting bigger, faster, more accurate, sharper, flexible or smarter as the weeks go by. We measure progress by wins. Losing game after game by

the narrowest of margins does not signal progress. And as such, time is going to run faster and faster on the clock of retention - and CSH is fully aware of this.

"OK, seriously...what's it gonna take to get this on track?"

"Well..how much you got?"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

USF screwed me over to make $51 on an FSU ticket. Therefore I am not giving them 2k next year. They are not very good at making business decisions and/or coaching decisions apparently. I will go to the games for $5 instead

I'm guessing you were informed of the full package price of your season tickets, no matter what they charge for each individual game. It's not like they told you one price up front and tacked on a few bucks for the FSU game after the fact.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I agree that people will do what is best for them.

However, I think that once you stop donating/not buying season tickets you don't have much of a right to complain about the program.

Agreed. But it seems like most have moved from complaining about to laughing at... I think laughing at is still free!

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

Cutting and running away is exactly the wrong thing to do, this program is hurting right now, and 95% of that reason is Skippy and his staff. That factor will change shortly one reason or another, but the true die hard fans running away will only add pressure to the problem.

support the school, support the players... no fan should run away because of a lousy 2 yrs or our fan base is really no different than the Bucs or Rays!

It's ok to be disgusted at how things have turned out, it's just not ok to turn your back on a 14 yr program going thru it's first few years of struggles. It will turn around!!

I will now step down from my soap box!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

Cutting and running away is exactly the wrong thing to do, this program is hurting right now, and 95% of that reason is Skippy and his staff. That factor will change shortly one reason or another, but the true die hard fans running away will only add pressure to the problem.

support the school, support the players... no fan should run away because of a lousy 2 yrs or our fan base is really no different than the Bucs or Rays!

It's ok to be disgusted at how things have turned out, it's just not ok to turn your back on a 14 yr program going thru it's first few years of struggles. It will turn around!!

I will now step down from my soap box!

Very well said. If you wanna "show 'em" by not renewing your season tickets, fine. You have that right. But lets be honest...unless you're a Toro grande (e.g. have

Doug on speed dial) and are pulling a donation of big-time dollars and seats, I'm not certain your voice will be heard, much less serve as a catalyst for change. It might

make you feel better, so who am I to put a value on that? Every team goes through the painful losing years, Auburn being a better example this year. Besides, it ain't

like we've fallen that FAR, considering all of the conference championships and BCS bowls we won in the past...kind of like slipping on the bottom step as opposed

to falling from the top of the staircase. I agree...this will be over, one way or the other and we'll claw our way back to the middle of the pack where we belong(ed). But, it is indeed

your money and you can spend it, or not, however you see fit. Hey...who knows...maybe five or so years down the road, assuming you want back in, maybe better seats will be available.

:FIREdevil:

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  574

The last thing we want to do is stop supporting the program financially. If we want this program to be great, we should be looking for ways to INCREASE our financial support.

If people stop buying tickets, going to games, and donating to athletics then we are going to dry up the small budget (relative to the programs we want to comete with) that we already have. The atmosphere at the games will be awful and horrible for recruiting. Etc.

I want coach Holtz fired too. I make my voice heard by emailing Woolard and sending messages on Twitter to Mcgilis. I will never stop donating to USF athletics unless it becomes a financial hardship for me and my family.

In order for us to get where we need to be, we really need to grow the donor base and the season ticket base. Meaning we maintain the ones we have and encourage first timers to join.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959

USF screwed me over to make $51 on an FSU ticket. Therefore I am not giving them 2k next year. They are not very good at making business decisions and/or coaching decisions apparently. I will go to the games for $5 instead

I'm guessing you were informed of the full package price of your season tickets, no matter what they charge for each individual game. It's not like they told you one price up front and tacked on a few bucks for the FSU game after the fact.

Nope....varsity club member. Charged my credit card for two tickets without even asking. True story. It is apparent to me they are clueless on how to run a business and how to treat people. Still love em but I do have a foul, nasty, horrible taste in my mouth after the way it went down.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

I was going to add my 2 cents about how not supporting the team is NOT the thing to do. But others have done that very well. So just a thumbs up to Jason, Wooly and 77.