• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Money to be saved next year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Today was the deciding factor for me for next season. I wont be giving USF my donation, I wont be buying FB season Tickets. (I have both FB and BB season tickets). If the Bulls prove me and everyone else wrong and start winning some games than Ill buy 3.99 tickets off Stubhub to see the Big games(BE and Miami).

Im not alone in this, I know alot of people will stop giving up their money unless USF(DW or Judy) make a stand now. The end of the year is too late. Fire Skip /Cosh and Fitch now or risk losing recruits, season ticket holders/ donors and falling futher behind.

Really we had 2 weeks to prepare for this game, we were at Full strenght , Louisville was very beatable and yet the results are the same. Time to make the change. Ask the Buc's how to kill a fan base. USF is doing it as well.

We wont go bowling but will still get Bowl money from the BE so use it wisely to buy out Holtz and get a new coach.

Edited by Dhambuc

StubHub will have plenty of seats for under 5.00 a game.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  1

I'm thinking about dropping football unless skip is canned. I'm keeping my basketball tickets though and will donate to them. i plan on going on a cruise with the money I save on not getting football tickets.

Im waiting to see how BB plays out before I decide on them or not. If they dont compete this year, I wont buy them either next year.

Im going to take my Bowl Vacation money and the money from FB season Tickets and go on a really nice vacation.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

you do realize that those 5 tickets are:

1) terrible seats

2) only around this year because of the FSU ticket buyers

3 ) going to be few and far between when all these people don't have as many season tickets to sell anymore

anyway- If you honestly think you are accomplishing anything other than throwing away your grandfathered access to keep some money and "send USF a message", I think you overestimate the importance of those tickets and donation.

This isn't the Bucs-- it is your school (or at least your team). ahhh-- you know what-- just don't bother. I'm not wasting another second with people who give up on my team

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

1) terrible seats

3 ) going to be few and far between when all these people don't have as many season tickets to sell anymore

anyway- If you honestly think you are accomplishing anything other than throwing away your grandfathered access to keep some money and "send USF a message", I think you overestimate the importance of those tickets and donation.

This isn't the Bucs-- it is your school (or at least your team). ahhh-- you know what-- just don't bother. I'm not wasting another second with people who give up on my team

This.

For me, USF football games are just as much about socializing before and during the game as they are about watching my team play. The tickets are also my way of showing support for the program. If I move out of town, I still plan on renewing my season tickets, even if the team is terrible and I'm only able to make it to a couple games a year.

• Upvote 1

1) terrible seats

This.

For me, USF football games are just as much about socializing before and during the game as they are about watching my team play. The tickets are also my way of showing support for the program. If I move out of town, I still plan on renewing my season tickets, even if the team is terrible and I'm only able to make it to a couple games a year.

good man
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

I've pretty much gotten a rope around my expectations. USF is not now, nor will we ever be (just like our basketball program), a top-tier-fourth-plus-the-big-three seat-at-the-big-people's-table teams. We will get the recruits that UF/UM/FSU pass on. Oh, there's the occasional game where we punch above our weight limit, but going forward in our mix-n-match conference , a bowl within driving distance is a banner day. However, I won't be giving up my tickets to spite the university or to 'send a message'. My donation is minimal and my seats are marvelous. So, we're scraping bottom, as do all teams at some time. It just happens that we're here for this and it can not be sugar coated as anything we want to be associated with. Should we shut down the program? Fire Skip (which a school of this caliber can ill afford...if this were Ohio State, USC, 'Bama...different story). But, if not renewing your tickets makes you feel that you're making a statement, I'm certainly not one to argue against it. But I would hope that you'd manage the expectations regarding the impact of your 'message' with the reality that a few more vacant seats in Bandwagon City Stadium might not be the strong statement you believe it to be, especially in a year when the fine folks from Tallyhassle won't be renewing their USF season tickets either. :FIREdevil:

• Upvote 1

We made a mistake in paying way too much for this coach-- agreed.

We can pick up on some young coach who won't demand mega-dollars and throttle that part of our program down. If we can get someone at say a million a year, Holtz buyout is paid for in two years or so. Plus we start heading in a new direction and maybe win some of the waning fans back.

There are ways to limit the hit we are taking if we are willing to stop trying to pee in the tall grass and paying outrageous coaching salaries. Does it relegate us to a stepping stone coaching position again? Probably. But let's say we hook onto the next Leavitt-type who the fans believe can take us to the "next level" whatever that entails to them. We can certainly ramp up his salary as the fan base, attendance, and all the other stuff that came along with it the first time we did this.

I am in favor of doing this sooner than later. If they think we have that guy on staff right now-- cut ties with Skip and put the guy in an interim role and see how he fairs in the remaining schedule (sounds a great deal like Arkansas). If he is just as disappointing-- find someone new in December (we got nothing better to do). And I wish we would stop bothering with these coach search services--- they always end up with the same guys you would have come up with and you waste six figures learning nothing new (at least it feels that way).

just my two cents

• Downvote 1