• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Money to be saved next year

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

I've pretty much gotten a rope around my expectations. USF is not now, nor will we ever be (just like our basketball program), a top-tier-fourth-plus-the-big-three seat-at-the-big-people's-table teams. We will get the recruits that UF/UM/FSU pass on. Oh, there's the occasional game where we punch above our weight limit, but going forward in our mix-n-match conference , a bowl within driving distance is a banner day. However, I won't be giving up my tickets to spite the university or to 'send a message'. My donation is minimal and my seats are marvelous. So, we're scraping bottom, as do all teams at some time. It just happens that we're here for this and it can not be sugar coated as anything we want to be associated with. Should we shut down the program? Fire Skip (which a school of this caliber can ill afford...if this were Ohio State, USC, 'Bama...different story). But, if not renewing your tickets makes you feel that you're making a statement, I'm certainly not one to argue against it. But I would hope that you'd manage the expectations regarding the impact of your 'message' with the reality that a few more vacant seats in Bandwagon City Stadium might not be the strong statement you believe it to be, especially in a year when the fine folks from Tallyhassle won't be renewing their USF season tickets either. :FIREdevil:

This.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

To the OP. Where are your seats? I'm looking to upgrade.

Edited by swamprat
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Doug and Judy will basically force peoples hands. If they allow Skip to remain and not make changes(Cosh/Fitch/Skip) than they are saying they belive in Skip and his system and not the fans/donors/players and program.

Lets see what they do and when the do it. Sitting back and doing nothing is not the answer. Time to make some changes and it starts at the Top. If they dont make the changes than they are basically saying Losing is ok and that this performance on the field is acceptable. They would also be giving a middle finger to those funding/supporting the program.

Can you imagine if USF were to win out go to a bowl this year? Wonder how many people buy tickets from the school? How many will the school eat? Look at the added expense of Hotel, Food, transportation, and tickets they are required to buy. This would be money we could use to buy out Skip.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i dont think i'd give them up...

but if cosh is still employed i would

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

USF screwed me over to make $51 on an FSU ticket. Therefore I am not giving them 2k next year. They are not very good at making business decisions and/or coaching decisions apparently. I will go to the games for $5 instead

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I've pretty much gotten a rope around my expectations. USF is not now, nor will we ever be (just like our basketball program), a top-tier-fourth-plus-the-big-three seat-at-the-big-people's-table teams. We will get the recruits that UF/UM/FSU pass on. Oh, there's the occasional game where we punch above our weight limit, but going forward in our mix-n-match conference , a bowl within driving distance is a banner day. However, I won't be giving up my tickets to spite the university or to 'send a message'. My donation is minimal and my seats are marvelous. So, we're scraping bottom, as do all teams at some time. It just happens that we're here for this and it can not be sugar coated as anything we want to be associated with. Should we shut down the program? Fire Skip (which a school of this caliber can ill afford...if this were Ohio State, USC, 'Bama...different story). But, if not renewing your tickets makes you feel that you're making a statement, I'm certainly not one to argue against it. But I would hope that you'd manage the expectations regarding the impact of your 'message' with the reality that a few more vacant seats in Bandwagon City Stadium might not be the strong statement you believe it to be, especially in a year when the fine folks from Tallyhassle won't be renewing their USF season tickets either. :FIREdevil:

This.

Unfortunately Wooly is correct... USF is run more like Miami then UF, FSU, or even UCF... the powers that be are not sharp enough to connect increased empty seats with you making a statement, and will instead just write it off as an under performing team and a bad year. Look at Miami, their fan base does this where they go on strike if the team is under-performing, hence you only get some students and a handful of die-hards in the stands.

Miami_Crowd_SunLife.jpeg

The Miami fans drone on and on about how they are striking until their team improves, but the dip violation that run it pass it off as just a sign of a bad team despite the public comments made by their fan base on their version of TBP. There are even a few hundred or so that refuse to buy season tickets until they get an OCS and are pissed that the OB was torn down, but the University Admin's have not even acknowledged their existence publicly, and I doubt that they have even acknowledged their existence privately.

Most academics have tunnel vision and lack common sense from my observations so don't go expecting them to jump to conclusions and understand it is that you are doing or hope to accomplish.

So if you want to strike then fine as a fan I'll support that... when the **** gets high some fans resort to various different methods to send a message to the team or school that you are not happy. Some fans boycott the games as a way to use the free market to send a message to the team... some fans wear paper bags, others devote themselves even more to the team to show how much of a super-fan they are. Just remember that unless those of you that are boycotting form some kind of group and publicly make it known that you are boycotting the team until Skip gets fired, then Judy, Doug, and the nit-wits that work under them are not going to connect the dots and will just pass off the drop in support as a symptom of a bad team, and not because you guys/gals are not happy with Skip. I would suggest starting a FB group or page to give a voice to your movement, otherwise its a lot of wasted energy.

As for USF being run poorly, I can't argue with that claim at all... I work there and can tell you from inside knowledge that USF is heavy with incompetent unproven managers that have no real-world experience, and have always worked in academia. They only know about theory, and don't have any idea to run a business or make payroll.

Lastly if anyone is thinking of not renewing next year and has 1st row seats in the donation free zones, or the $100 donor level then let me know... I'll gladly take them off your hands.

Edited by Bubba Bull

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

This.

Unfortunately Wooly is correct... USF is run more like Miami then UF, FSU, or even UCF... the powers that be are not sharp enough to connect increased empty seats with you making a statement, and will instead just write it off as an under performing team and a bad year.

It amazes me when people make statements like this. First of all, I'm living in Orlando. If you think USF has problems, you have no idea the disaster that is UCF athletics. The only reason this team wins at all is because of the pathetic schedule. This will become obvious next year when they join the Big East. USF right now is a better team than UCF.

There is a reason that USF is more like Miami than UF or FSU. USF and Miami are much closer in budget than UF or FSU. You have to be delusional to think that USF has anywhere near the resources those two schools have. UF probably gets twice as much in football TV money alone than USF's entire budget. UF boosters make USF's look like children.

It takes time to build a program. How many years did it take UF to become a Top 10 program?

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

i dont think i'd give them up...

but if cosh is still employed i would

I was considering giving mine up, but that wouldn't be a good thing to do.

I'm not going to give up on the program and I will cheer for the players who represent my school.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

Everyone's gotta do what they think is best. The current situation is horrible and no one really knows what to do about it. I'm not going to hate on anyone for thinking about it and making a decision.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I agree that people will do what is best for them.

However, I think that once you stop donating/not buying season tickets you don't have much of a right to complain about the program.