• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike Leach at 2-4 calls out heart of seniors, starts underclassmen.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

Does anyone really believe a once #8 Arkansas program doesnt have the talent to beat UL Monroe, Rutgers, etc? Its coaching, then maybe effort but it aint talent. Tino Sunseri and Ray Graham beat our asses in previous years but this years team cant seem to shoot straight. Did they get less talented?

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Leach needs larger equipment shed...

Now that there is funny ! I don't care who you are.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Leach may not be the most charismatic; his time as a college football commentator was snooze inducing. But the guy is bright. He's doing what he thinks is best to motivate his team. Even if his ploy implodes, I still have to give him credit for trying something, anything.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we should be playing underclassman

is our future qb on the team? i dont know

if he is he should be playing and bj should be sitting

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

is our future qb on the team?

No.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Mike leach benching all the seniors on a team he is the first year coach of is drastically different than a coach benching the seniors he has had for 2 1/2 years.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Yeah, if you've watched the team for years as most people on here have, there is a difference that you can see with your eyes. It's pretty much been pointed out by everyone except maybe the coaching staff.

I'm not saying let's have a Tim Tebow promise or anything dramatic, but maybe some leaders need to emerge if the motivation isn't coming from what the coaches are saying?

they kind of tried that a couple of times with the players only meetings-0-- there is only so much they can do on their own.

this is on the coaches primarily

I guess it is also possible that our team is not quite as talented as we have led ourselves to believe

Come on MikeG, you don't believe for a second that this team is less talented than Ball State and Temple. Do you?

that is not what I said -- I said they may be less talented than we think they should be

recruiting rankings are an indicator, not a guarantee. Some kids plateau in HS-- some get better. We used to get the kids who had more room to grow and then did. Now we seem to get the flashy kids who just sort of stagnate.

Now as far as this group is concerned-- I think they are simply underperforming. But the catch is that hardly any of Holtz recruits are breaking through. I cannot recall a Leavitt team where younger guys didn't beat out older guys regularly. That to me says progress in recruiting and a growing program. It seems like a simple concept the way i lay this out but it sort of makes sense if you ruminate on it some.

Maybe Skip's biggest mistake was staying loyal to the Seniors and not giving the underclassmen an opportunity to play...Either way we are in a middle of a sh1t storm. Again I still think it is a combination of factors that are killing this team. Plenty of blame can be thrown around, hopefully Skip can find a combination that works for us.

at what point did you ever hear him say he was being loyal to the seniors?

no coach worth his salt gives a rats bottom what class you are in-- they put the best players on the field period.

Pure speculation on my part but the Seniors know the system better and there is a certain level of comfort there. Skippy is extremely conservative. He truly believed that we were a few plays away from being a bowl team last year. I was under the same impression coming into this year. Why rock the boat if you don't have to?

It is clear that changes have to be made on the personnel end this year, next game.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  164

Yeah, if you've watched the team for years as most people on here have, there is a difference that you can see with your eyes. It's pretty much been pointed out by everyone except maybe the coaching staff.

I'm not saying let's have a Tim Tebow promise or anything dramatic, but maybe some leaders need to emerge if the motivation isn't coming from what the coaches are saying?

they kind of tried that a couple of times with the players only meetings-0-- there is only so much they can do on their own.

this is on the coaches primarily

I guess it is also possible that our team is not quite as talented as we have led ourselves to believe

Come on MikeG, you don't believe for a second that this team is less talented than Ball State and Temple. Do you?

that is not what I said -- I said they may be less talented than we think they should be

recruiting rankings are an indicator, not a guarantee. Some kids plateau in HS-- some get better. We used to get the kids who had more room to grow and then did. Now we seem to get the flashy kids who just sort of stagnate.

Now as far as this group is concerned-- I think they are simply underperforming. But the catch is that hardly any of Holtz recruits are breaking through. I cannot recall a Leavitt team where younger guys didn't beat out older guys regularly. That to me says progress in recruiting and a growing program. It seems like a simple concept the way i lay this out but it sort of makes sense if you ruminate on it some.

Maybe Skip's biggest mistake was staying loyal to the Seniors and not giving the underclassmen an opportunity to play...Either way we are in a middle of a sh1t storm. Again I still think it is a combination of factors that are killing this team. Plenty of blame can be thrown around, hopefully Skip can find a combination that works for us.

at what point did you ever hear him say he was being loyal to the seniors?

no coach worth his salt gives a rats bottom what class you are in-- they put the best players on the field period.

Pure speculation on my part but the Seniors know the system better and there is a certain level of comfort there. Skippy is extremely conservative. He truly believed that we were a few plays away from being a bowl team last year. I was under the same impression coming into this year. Why rock the boat if you don't have to?

It is clear that changes have to be made on the personnel end this year, next game.

then by all means-- please put in the more talented players and let's win us some game all f'ng ready

I want to win now!