• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Kickoff Boycott vs. Syracuse

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  150

The Syracuse game will be a ghost town... I'm guessing less then 15K in the stands and we will be giving Miami a run for the most empty stadiums in FBS Football.

It will not only be a ghost town because of how ****** our team is playing but because its Halloween weekend... there are a ton of parties that weekend, plus add in Guavaween, the fact that Halloween Horror Nights is sold out on that Saturday, the fact that Howl-O-Scream is close to a sell out, three very large local Oktoberfest events, and this game will be a ghost town.

If I had tickets I would not be going...

I've seen news reports that Guavaween is no longer being held -- too expensive and waning attendance.

let me just say this--- you paid for your ticket and you gave your donation. Go watch the football and see this team first hand. They need you more than ever. This might be the last game we have a shot of winning this season.

I couldn't get season tickets this season so USF does not have my money for a ticket... donations are another story and I don't donate based on performance... however if I did have a ticket then its hard to convince my wife that watching USF get ass raped by Cuse is going to be better then hitting Oktoberfest, getting **** faced, sobering up and then going to Halloween Horror Nights to get **** faced again.

Any other game I'd be down there win or lose (assuming that I had tickets), but when its a crappy Bulls football team vs. a once a year holiday event, the holiday event will normally win out 9 out of 10 times with most Bulls... even the diehards like myself.

For proof of my claim look no further then the Louisville game last year that was stupidly scheduled for 10AM on Black Friday...

I really don't think you understand the meaning of the words "diehard Bulls fan"

you aren't one despite what you may believe, based on what you just wrote-- imo

You obviously don't understand what diehard means vs hardcore... a hardcore fan will go watch there team regardless of what is going on... holidays, weddings, deaths births, funerals, be damned.

A diehard will watch their team 99% of the time unless something comes up that takes precedence like holidays, weddings, deaths, births, funerals.

Get hip on the slang blood...

oh-- watching makes people diehards--- oh-- I get it now. whatever #losingcredibilityinbuckets

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

The Syracuse game will be a ghost town... I'm guessing less then 15K in the stands and we will be giving Miami a run for the most empty stadiums in FBS Football.

It will not only be a ghost town because of how ****** our team is playing but because its Halloween weekend... there are a ton of parties that weekend, plus add in Guavaween, the fact that Halloween Horror Nights is sold out on that Saturday, the fact that Howl-O-Scream is close to a sell out, three very large local Oktoberfest events, and this game will be a ghost town.

If I had tickets I would not be going...

I've seen news reports that Guavaween is no longer being held -- too expensive and waning attendance.

let me just say this--- you paid for your ticket and you gave your donation. Go watch the football and see this team first hand. They need you more than ever. This might be the last game we have a shot of winning this season.

I couldn't get season tickets this season so USF does not have my money for a ticket... donations are another story and I don't donate based on performance... however if I did have a ticket then its hard to convince my wife that watching USF get ass raped by Cuse is going to be better then hitting Oktoberfest, getting **** faced, sobering up and then going to Halloween Horror Nights to get **** faced again.

Any other game I'd be down there win or lose (assuming that I had tickets), but when its a crappy Bulls football team vs. a once a year holiday event, the holiday event will normally win out 9 out of 10 times with most Bulls... even the diehards like myself.

For proof of my claim look no further then the Louisville game last year that was stupidly scheduled for 10AM on Black Friday...

I really don't think you understand the meaning of the words "diehard Bulls fan"

you aren't one despite what you may believe, based on what you just wrote-- imo

You obviously don't understand what diehard means vs hardcore... a hardcore fan will go watch there team regardless of what is going on... holidays, weddings, deaths births, funerals, be damned.

A diehard will watch their team 99% of the time unless something comes up that takes precedence like holidays, weddings, deaths, births, funerals.

Get hip on the slang blood...

oh-- watching makes people diehards--- oh-- I get it now. whatever #losingcredibilityinbuckets

Well what else do you do while in the stadium? Are you doing something else other then watching the game?

Also it confounds me that we have this same argument every season when a holiday or some other big event coincides with the collapse of our season... last season it was Black Friday, this season its Halloween... history is on my side... 15K or less for Cuse... book it.

Edited by Bubba Bull

jeebus -- reading comprehension is not your strongsuit

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

This is dumb. The coaches have sucked. I agree with all that jazz, but what is worse than the coaches sucking is the way our fanbase has handled it all.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

I thought this was about how our team refuses to recover squib kicks.

I think the 50k empty seats at kickoff are enough, I'll sit in mine.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

Go ahead and show your displeasure. I'm pretty sure he already knows how unhappy we are. If he doesn't, there is no way to get the message through, guys. He knows he's losing. He knows the fan base is unhappy. Doing this is boycott redundant. If it makes you feel better, though, go for it.

I will be there to support the team. Right on time, like every game.

I guess under Bubba's scoring system, I'm hardcore. Now will somebody tell Mrs. S? banana.gif

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

1/2 of the fans aren't in their seats at kickoff normally. Nobody will even notice

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

No one ever is in their seats for the opening kickoff anyway...you'll need another idea for it to be understood.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  217
  • Days Won:  0

No one ever is in their seats for the opening kickoff anyway...you'll need another idea for it to be understood.

Unfortunately, this is true. I tailgate before every game with about 7-10 other alumni. My wife and I always leave the tailgate with at least enough time to catch the opening kickoff. The rest of my group continues getting hammered and usually make it into the stadium late in the first or in the second.

It's a similar situation with many bandwagon fan, which comprises a large majority of our fan base.

Unfortunately, this is true. I tailgate before every game with about 7-10 other alumni. My wife and I always leave the tailgate with at least enough time to catch the opening kickoff. The rest of my group continues getting hammered and usually make it into the stadium late in the first or in the second.

It's a similar situation with many bandwagon fan, which comprises a large majority of our fan base.

didn't always seem like it was this way--- Holtz is contagious -- even the fans lack passion