• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Kickoff Boycott vs. Syracuse

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,748
  • Days Won:  3

Well, given our fans proclivity for showing up after kickoff anyway - meandering to their seats at some point in the first quarter - coupled with a lower than average turnout due to the win-loss record, I don't really know that this will make the significant impact being hoped for, or if it will be an "oh, how interesting, look at how empty..." type of moment. Face it,

when you have a huge volume of bandwagon fans anyway, show of force messaging may not do the trick. The reason I say that is, being the cold and callous business man,

I've already gotten the money from your ticket, so show up whenever you want. I'm gonna go get a coke, want me to bring you anything? :FIREdevil:

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  1

Well, given our fans proclivity for showing up after kickoff anyway - meandering to their seats at some point in the first quarter - coupled with a lower than average turnout due to the win-loss record, I don't really know that this will make the significant impact being hoped for, or if it will be an "oh, how interesting, look at how empty..." type of moment. Face it,

when you have a huge volume of bandwagon fans anyway, show of force messaging may not do the trick. The reason I say that is, being the cold and callous business man,

I've already gotten the money from your ticket, so show up whenever you want. I'm gonna go get a coke, want me to bring you anything? :FIREdevil:

That makes perfect sense, but they will feel it next year when many people don't renew season tickets or make donations.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

The Syracuse game will be a ghost town... I'm guessing less then 15K in the stands and we will be giving Miami a run for the most empty stadiums in FBS Football.

It will not only be a ghost town because of how ****** our team is playing but because its Halloween weekend... there are a ton of parties that weekend, plus add in Guavaween, the fact that Halloween Horror Nights is sold out on that Saturday, the fact that Howl-O-Scream is close to a sell out, three very large local Oktoberfest events, and this game will be a ghost town.

If I had tickets I would not be going...

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I know that Skip, who has coached for years, knows people aren't happy. When you don't show up for him, you don't show up for the team. So yeah, don't show up and help the team implode because when the team looks at the stands it absolutely will effect the way they play and if they were on board trying to get better, you'll help make sure that now they won't be. So yeah, don't show up, help destroy the team. And while you are at it, pick up a subscription to the Orlando Sentinel.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  151

That makes perfect sense, but they will feel it next year when many people don't renew season tickets or make donations.

yes-- won't it be great when our program continues its death spiral?

what a lame statement that will be completely unnoticed by just about everyone.

Wooly is right-- this isn't a statement as much as par for the course at USF games

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,748
  • Days Won:  3

^---<---<-- I agree w/Bullspride04. The only voice that matters is the one that sounds exactly like money. I can see where, assuming there is no coaching change (which I fully expect to be the case) that a number of people will cease to renew their tickets, and as such, would perhaps have more of an impact than the confused messaging of "is that a protest or are they still tailgating?".

Then again, there's the gut wrenching question of : do I stick it out, through thick and thin? Am I a 'fair weather fan' if I bolt when times get tough? What if, if...USF is never destined to be a top tier program? What if it will always be "The Big Three" and we spend the rest of our football lives in the second tier strata along with UCF, Houston, Akron, Fresno State and Marshall? Given the shift in the college football landscape, I really don't hold out much hope that we will get a seat at the grown ups table anytime soon.

And even if that does turn out to be the case, do I mail it in because I, personally, may have read more into the brochure than was actually there? Gotta remember, we've sat through that barren, wind blown desert of USF basketball for quite some time as well. We are what we are, and as frustrating as this may be, perhaps we need to ratchet down our expectations. Just sayin...

The Syracuse game will be a ghost town... I'm guessing less then 15K in the stands and we will be giving Miami a run for the most empty stadiums in FBS Football.

It will not only be a ghost town because of how ****** our team is playing but because its Halloween weekend... there are a ton of parties that weekend, plus add in Guavaween, the fact that Halloween Horror Nights is sold out on that Saturday, the fact that Howl-O-Scream is close to a sell out, three very large local Oktoberfest events, and this game will be a ghost town.

I've seen news reports that Guavaween is no longer being held -- too expensive and waning attendance.

let me just say this--- you paid for your ticket and you gave your donation. Go watch the football and see this team first hand. They need you more than ever. This might be the last game we have a shot of winning this season.

• Upvote 1

I've seen news reports that Guavaween is no longer being held -- too expensive and waning attendance.

let me just say this--- you paid for your ticket and you gave your donation. Go watch the football and see this team first hand. They need you more than ever. This might be the last game we have a shot of winning this season.

I couldn't get season tickets this season so USF does not have my money for a ticket... donations are another story and I don't donate based on performance... however if I did have a ticket then its hard to convince my wife that watching USF get ass raped by Cuse is going to be better then hitting Oktoberfest, getting **** faced, sobering up and then going to Halloween Horror Nights to get **** faced again.

Any other game I'd be down there win or lose (assuming that I had tickets), but when its a crappy Bulls football team vs. a once a year holiday event, the holiday event will normally win out 9 out of 10 times with most Bulls... even the diehards like myself.

For proof of my claim look no further then the Louisville game last year that was stupidly scheduled for 10AM on Black Friday...

Edited by Bubba Bull

I couldn't get season tickets this season so USF does not have my money for a ticket... donations are another story and I don't donate based on performance... however if I did have a ticket then its hard to convince my wife that watching USF get ass raped by Cuse is going to be better then hitting Oktoberfest, getting **** faced, sobering up and then going to Halloween Horror Nights to get **** faced again.

Any other game I'd be down there win or lose (assuming that I had tickets), but when its a crappy Bulls football team vs. a once a year holiday event, the holiday event will normally win out 9 out of 10 times with most Bulls... even the diehards like myself.

For proof of my claim look no further then the Louisville game last year that was stupidly scheduled for 10AM on Black Friday...

I really don't think you understand the meaning of the words "diehard Bulls fan"

you aren't one despite what you may believe, based on what you just wrote-- imo

I really don't think you understand the meaning of the words "die-hard Bulls fan"

you aren't one despite what you may believe, based on what you just wrote-- imo

You obviously don't understand what die-hard means vs hardcore...

• A hardcore fan will go watch their team regardless of what is going on... holidays, weddings, deaths, births, funerals, be damned.
  • A die-hard will watch their team 99% of the time unless something comes up that takes precedence like holidays, weddings, deaths, births, funerals.
  • A fair-weather fan will only watch the team if they have a chance of winning or have recently won a game or two recently
  • A bandwagon fan will only watch the team if they are top ranked team and have been winning

Get hip on the slang blood...

Also I plan on watching the game at Oktoberfest or HHN... just not going because I don't have a ticket... its not like I wiped my ass with my ticket or stuck it in my bicycle spoke or something

Edited by Bubba Bull