• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If his last name wasn't Holtz...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  70
  • Days Won:  0

....Would we be so presured to keep Skip Holtz? I'm really not a negative fan... But this is a legit question. Leavitt would have never let us lose to BSU....

leavitt let us lose against plenty of people

Yeah Army was the only on that resembles this and that 2004 season was a wash because of lack of depth and injuries. Leavitt also is ten times the coach of this slappy and his assistants would run circles around these clowns. And if you think I am wrong look at Burnham, McCarney, Lane, Kravitz, Frye, and list goes on and on of guys the would poop poop on this staff in recruiting and motivationing players. Ooo by the way Leavitt's recruits or at least his big time recruits are gone by now and this what you get. I have ties to this program since I was 9 years old and I am ashamed that I have to watch this product. There is no green and gold left any more it is just brown.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

....Would we be so presured to keep Skip Holtz? I'm really not a negative fan... But this is a legit question. Leavitt would have never let us lose to BSU....

It may be a legit question but doesn't make a whole lot of sense .... Who is pressuring whom to keep Skip?

OK I'll own up. It's me. banana.gif

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  266
  • Days Won:  1

The team is in dissaray...Period.......The coache's are lost and overwhelmed. FSU wins this one by 5 touchdown at least..

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Yeah Army was the only on that resembles this and that 2004 season was a wash because of lack of depth and injuries. Leavitt also is ten times the coach of this slappy and his assistants would run circles around these clowns. And if you think I am wrong look at Burnham, McCarney, Lane, Kravitz, Frye, and list goes on and on of guys the would poop poop on this staff in recruiting and motivationing players. Ooo by the way Leavitt's recruits or at least his big time recruits are gone by now and this what you get. I have ties to this program since I was 9 years old and I am ashamed that I have to watch this product. There is no green and gold left any more it is just brown.

If you measure coaches by conference wins....no Leavitt isn't. He had his chance in CUSA and no conference title there either. BTW, you must have not been on the board when everyone started wanting to boot Leavitt because he couldn't contend, much less win a Big East title.

Did you watch the ELITE 11 on ESPN? What Leavitt recruit was invited, much less won MVP at this truly prestigious competition? Do some research.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Dang you!

It may be a legit question but doesn't make a whole lot of sense .... Who is pressuring whom to keep Skip?

OK I'll own up. It's me. banana.gif

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

You really think USF has the coffers to pay salaries to both Holtz AND his replacement at the same time? The only way that is true is if the school hires a coach willing to work for a small, small fraction of Holtz's salary. Go ahead and make a suggestion.

Coach by committee. 'If you'd like to see USF run a screen play, text SCRN to 54675; if you'd like to see USF run a QB draw play, text DRAW to 54675. Standard text messaging rates apply, Verizon FiOS customers only.'

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  70

If you measure coaches by conference wins....no Leavitt isn't. He had his chance in CUSA and no conference title there either. BTW, you must have not been on the board when everyone started wanting to boot Leavitt because he couldn't contend, much less win a Big East title.

Did you watch the ELITE 11 on ESPN? What Leavitt recruit was invited, much less won MVP at this truly prestigious competition? Do some research.

Ok Elite 11.... when did that mean anything. Selvie only other offer Del State, Snake only 2 star no one know who he was, Sampson who, most people thought and list goes on and on of guys who were brought in during the Leavitt years that did not make some book worms list on rivals or scout. You guys are on this board are mouth breathers that have no true vaule on the actual process of building a program. Skip was givent he keys to palace and he lost them on his way to his Daddy's house. Leavitt might not have won a title but at least we competed for it. OOO right did he not lead us to bowl games year after year which in the end the post season in the goal number 1. Just except the fact Leavitt is a better coach then Skip and USF missed on the replacement hire.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

At the time of his hire, Skip was a very good hire.

That extension was assinine

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,261

Not only was it asinine, his original contract had been less than 40% completed. For better or worse, Skip Holtz had three more years, making as much as RichRod and Chris Peterson.

Why have we unnecessarily strapped our university's athletics' livelihood to this anvil of polite defeat FOR THE NEXT SIX YEARS? The UNC stories in 2010 were so obviously Skip's people and any real AD would know that.

Investigations are in order.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Ok Elite 11.... when did that mean anything. Selvie only other offer Del State, Snake only 2 star no one know who he was, Sampson who, most people thought and list goes on and on of guys who were brought in during the Leavitt years that did not make some book worms list on rivals or scout. You guys are on this board are mouth breathers that have no true vaule on the actual process of building a program. Skip was givent he keys to palace and he lost them on his way to his Daddy's house. Leavitt might not have won a title but at least we competed for it. OOO right did he not lead us to bowl games year after year which in the end the post season in the goal number 1. Just except the fact Leavitt is a better coach then Skip and USF missed on the replacement hire.

I kind of like this guy. Skip SHOULD be out recruiting what Leavitt did in his time here. We're a BCS program that Leavitt got some national exposure for. Easier to recruit to that than a no-name upstart.

I have said the same thing on the other players... Leavitt DEVELOPED some talent. Aside from just getting better because they play every day, who on this team has improved vastly under Holtz and staff? No one. Absolutely no one. That is a huge issue. You're not going to recruit 25-30 game-ready guys every year, you have to develop the guys you have if you want to be successful.