• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB Plan !

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Who hacked ET's account? He is the eternal face of optimism here. Geez, one bad season (or 3) and even he goes off the reservation.

Lol, Floyd or Eveld being better than BJ? I don't think so. With this OL it will be like watching Ronnie Banks again. If it is Floyd, the game will be moving so fast for him he won't see anything but green or white blurs in front of him if he is called on to start. The best we can hope for is a 3 TD lead early vs Ball State so he can get his feet wet in a meaningful situation.

If our genius OC and head coach were smart they would start getting Floyd into the games at set times each game. Say the 3rd series of each game and a couple of times throughout each game just to get him snaps in real conditions.

Eveld is living off 1 or 2 series and a TD pass at Miami. People forget he was less than stellar the following week vs CT.

One "less than stellar" game is being held against Eveld for his time here while BJD's multitude of horrible games over the course of 4 f'ing years isn't held against him at all by some. When can someone overcome one bad (hey and it wasn't even as bad as many of BJD's bad games) game?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Who hacked ET's account? He is the eternal face of optimism here. Geez, one bad season (or 3) and even he goes off the reservation.

Lol, Floyd or Eveld being better than BJ? I don't think so. With this OL it will be like watching Ronnie Banks again. If it is Floyd, the game will be moving so fast for him he won't see anything but green or white blurs in front of him if he is called on to start. The best we can hope for is a 3 TD lead early vs Ball State so he can get his feet wet in a meaningful situation.

If our genius OC and head coach were smart they would start getting Floyd into the games at set times each game. Say the 3rd series of each game and a couple of times throughout each game just to get him snaps in real conditions.

Eveld is living off 1 or 2 series and a TD pass at Miami. People forget he was less than stellar the following week vs CT.

One "less than stellar" game is being held against Eveld for his time here while BJD's multitude of horrible games over the course of 4 f'ing years isn't held against him at all by some. When can someone overcome one bad (hey and it wasn't even as bad as many of BJD's bad games) game?

eveld had 1 TD and 4 picks last year. nobody remembers him going 3 for 11 with a pick against ball state?

he had as many incompletions as BJ only BJ had 39 attempts not 11.

nobody remembers evelds 2 picks against FAMU?? I believe he was yanked in that game.

I believe if he came in and lit the world on fire he would be starting.

I complained after the first game that the coaches didn't want to step on the opponents throat. we should have seen floyd for 1 1/2 quarters at least. he did come in and went 3 of 7 for 19 yards. a whopping 2.7 yards per attempt.

If skip thought he was the answer(and he sees him everyday in practice) then he would be playing.

fact is skip can't tailor his offense to his players strengths. if he had taken over Tommy Frazier or Pat White their sophomore year he would have dropped them back 30+ times a game and everybody would say what an awful QB we had.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Tell BJ he is not starting.

WhoEVER our #2 is, give him 75% of the reps.

Let both QBs know before the game that whoever plays better will start against FSU.

Let them both have a half.

Sofa King tired of losing to teams !!!

shocking

i agree inprinciple but if back ups arent preppared or able it may not be smart

i would play qb who is future of the program and put bj on field as rb or wr on some plays

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

eveld had 1 TD and 4 picks last year. nobody remembers him going 3 for 11 with a pick against ball state?

nobody remembers evelds 2 picks against FAMU?? I believe he was yanked in that game.

I complained after the first game that the coaches didn't want to step on the opponents throat. we should have seen floyd for 1 1/2 quarters at least. he did come in and went 3 of 7 for 19 yards. a whopping 2.7 yards per attempt.

If skip thought he was the answer(and he sees him everyday in practice) then he would be playing.

fact is skip can't tailor his offense to his players strengths. if he had taken over Tommy Frazier or Pat White their sophomore year he would have dropped them back 30+ times a game and everybody would say what an awful QB we had.

Say what you will about Eveld and Floyd, but at least they could hit wide open receivers within 10 yards... their in-completion %'s got a boost when Skip and co told them to go deep...

Skip and co coach like kids playing NCAA 2013 on a Xbox...

Say what you will about Eveld and Floyd, but at least they could hit wide open receivers within 10 yards... their in-completion %'s got a boost when Skip and co told them to go deep...

Skip and co coach like kids playing NCAA 2013 on a Xbox...

so you blame the coaches bad play calling for eveld and floyd but not for daniels. brilliant.

eveld threw 2 picks against FAMU and had to be pulled from the game.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

One less than stellar game for Eveld? That was pretty much his only game.

He has shown nothing more than the ability to come in for a few series. His reputation on here is based strictly on a couple of series in the Miami game. That's it!

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  114
  • Days Won:  0

Doesn't Skip Holtz preach about player competition? I haven't seen a true competition at QB. It's either Floyd/Eveld are very very far behind BJ in practice or Holtz is scared to try another QB in a gametime situation. Time will tell how this turns out, but I feel bad for the players who have potential with the proper coaching and playcalling.

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  260
  • Days Won:  0

This is a pointless thread. While I'm as upset with BJ as anyone, we all know and if you don't your a moron that BJ is better than what we have behind him right now. Play BJ out the rest of the year, than from Day 1 Start Asianti Woulard next year! Please God let him stay committed!

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

The problem is our other options aren't nearly as mobile as BJ. As poorly as BJ played (and he was awful) the entire offensive line was much worse. There is no way a pocket passer could have kept it close.

That being said, as much talent as BJ has it is so hard to watch. His decision making is just so poor. If he could just learn to read defenses a little we could have a very effective option attack. If I am Fitch I start runnign the option against FSU, but rather than spending more time w/ BJ trying to teach him I just tell him to use the same thought process you have used for the past 3 years, but do the exact opposite of what you think you should do! If you think you want ot keep it, hand it off!

The problem is our other options aren't nearly as mobile as BJ. As poorly as BJ played (and he was awful) the entire offensive line was much worse. There is no way a pocket passer could have kept it close.

That being said, as much talent as BJ has it is so hard to watch. His decision making is just so poor. If he could just learn to read defenses a little we could have a very effective option attack. If I am Fitch I start runnign the option against FSU, but rather than spending more time w/ BJ trying to teach him I just tell him to use the same thought process you have used for the past 3 years, but do the exact opposite of what you think you should do! If you think you want ot keep it, hand it off!

BJ is great at running read option. he ran it to perfection against UF for a quarter and a half. over 100 rushing in first half. and then we decided to throw the ball......