• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB Plan !

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

i was calling for Floyd during the UTC game. everyone laughed at me. i wasn't joking.

It hasn't gotten any less laughable.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

i was calling for Floyd during the UTC game. everyone laughed at me. i wasn't joking.

why shouldn't Floyd have played during the UTC game?

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

why shouldn't Floyd have played during the UTC game?

He did, in the 4th quarter.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  971
  • Days Won:  0

I thought the pre-season plan was to have the backup QB play one or two series in each game. Nevertheless, what I want to know is which QB will play against Miami. History says it won't be BJ. GB!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,646
  • Days Won:  29

Listen up!

BJ had how much experience when he started?!?

If BJ can not put the game away in the first half of Ball St, We're in trouble!

Either way you have Floyd play 2nd half.

Better man wins!

If BJ three 2 ints against Ball St and was losing at halftime, then Floyd rallied the 2nd half... You still want BJ?!?

Just give Floyd AND this team a chance!!

By the way ... I'm still Pissed!!!

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Listen up!

BJ had how much experience when he started?!?

If BJ can not put the game away in the first half of Ball St, We're in trouble!

Either way you have Floyd play 2nd half.

Better man wins!

If BJ three 2 ints against Ball St and was losing at halftime, then Floyd rallied the 2nd half... You still want BJ?!?

Just give Floyd AND this team a chance!!

By the way ... I'm still Pissed!!!

it's dumb to think floyd gives this team the best chance to win. he played against UT chat and he was 3 for 7 for 19 yards. I believe he almost threw a pick. that equates to a 65 QB rating. now consider he doesn't run and our o-line isn't all that great and he has NO real game experience.

how about we call plays that are tailored to our QBs strength? our genius coaches are trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. BJ Daniels pass run ratio should be somewhere around 1.5 to 1. He is over 3. that means a guy who is a much better runner than passer is passing the ball 3 times for every run. he averaged 4.5 ypc against rutgers and yet he threw the ball 33 times. that is on play calling.

any great coach will adapt his offense to his players strengths.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  971
  • Days Won:  0

When E.T. gets Pissed!!! you know we have a problem around here. GB!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,065
  • Days Won:  38

I actually said this after the Rutgers game... Unfortunately you have to let him play until we lose one more Big East game.

I hope to God that we use the Ball State game to introduce some wrinkles or the FSU game will be an awkward situation.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Who hacked ET's account? He is the eternal face of optimism here. Geez, one bad season (or 3) and even he goes off the reservation.

Lol, Floyd or Eveld being better than BJ? I don't think so. With this OL it will be like watching Ronnie Banks again. If it is Floyd, the game will be moving so fast for him he won't see anything but green or white blurs in front of him if he is called on to start. The best we can hope for is a 3 TD lead early vs Ball State so he can get his feet wet in a meaningful situation.

If our genius OC and head coach were smart they would start getting Floyd into the games at set times each game. Say the 3rd series of each game and a couple of times throughout each game just to get him snaps in real conditions.

Eveld is living off 1 or 2 series and a TD pass at Miami. People forget he was less than stellar the following week vs CT.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I have really not seen much of Matt Floyd. However, I dont believe that we can simply just change BJ out. Besides I think Holtz is a loyalty guy and I think benching BJ would not be beneficial. I think this is on our coaches not putting our players in successful situations. Yes it is the players job to execute! But do our coaches really have to throw them to the proverbial wolves?

I chalk this loss simply put we didnt have a game plan for rutgers.

Why did we not attack the middle of the field?

Why did we only throw deep to the left side?

Where are all the other receivers that are suppose to give us so much depth?

Tight Ends do we have one?

Why cant Cosh get any pressure with our front seven? And how do you constantly leave the middle cross routes open for 2 straight games on 3rd and long.

Why all of a sudden is our game plan to throw the long ball? Because we win one game with big plays? We cant allow other teams to have the ball for 20 min a half if we do that the rest of the season we will lose remainder of our games?

You call it "loyalty", I call it bad coaching... as long as BJD is the starter we are gonna suffer because he is inconsistent... he is the Ryan Leaf of college football...

One game he will look like Mike Vick... and the next game he looks like the Bulls pulled some drunk out of the stands.

My comments regarding Eveld were directed towards last year... this year Floyd is the #2 and after BJD's inconsistent performance thus far I think we need to give the #2 a real chance.