• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BJs pick

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

BJ would be a much better QB if the pocket didnt collapse on him so quickly. Our O-Line needs some serious work. Also doesnt help that our run game is poopoo.

I'm tired of everyone saying i can't wait until he leaves...he is the best QB option that we have on the team right now. They did put in another QB last night for one play that resulted in a loss of yardage play. I hope i am wrong but even if Asanti does stick to his commit, if our Oline doesnt give him anymore time then BJ is getting right now then we will have the same results. The entire football team is horrible right now. 2 of his 3 picks werent his fault. One was a TD if caught. That pass hit the WR in the numbers. Davis as great as he has been let a ball go right through the hands on a play where BJ hit him stride for stride. We could finger point all day and its going to get us nowhere. Again, I'm not trying to defend BJ and say his is the answer to our problems, i am simply saying he isn't the only problem and i have a feeling if we dont improve in other areas....we floyd, eveld, or whomever will look twice as bad.

Let's look at other areas of concern. Mitchell has fumbles two times now returning puts. No one is calling for a new punt returner. Murray's numbers are below average as a RB (lack of blocking facts into this as well) but no one is saying thank god he is a senior.

**golf clap**

Agreed. Murray has been less than impressive. His blocking was terrible against UTC too. My friend who had never been to a USF game before asked why he wasnt blocking.

BJ isnt great but I agree 2 of those werent really his fault. Two of the three probably wouldnt have happened if our O-Line had actual people and not wacky inflatable arm-flailing tube men. BJ doesnt do well when rushed or under pressure.

Special teams was good with the exception of the fumble in our own territory on the return, leading to a RU FG. Marvin Kloss is great though.

Defense was good with the exception of blitzing, or lack thereof.

Rutgers did everything to hand this game to us, but our offense just cant hack it. Maybe we are overreacting because RU has the supposed best defense in the BE. Man, is this hard to swallow though.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

BJ would be a much better QB if the pocket didnt collapse on him so quickly. Our O-Line needs some serious work. Also doesnt help that our run game is poopoo.

I'm tired of everyone saying i can't wait until he leaves...he is the best QB option that we have on the team right now. They did put in another QB last night for one play that resulted in a loss of yardage play. I hope i am wrong but even if Asanti does stick to his commit, if our Oline doesnt give him anymore time then BJ is getting right now then we will have the same results. The entire football team is horrible right now. 2 of his 3 picks werent his fault. One was a TD if caught. That pass hit the WR in the numbers. Davis as great as he has been let a ball go right through the hands on a play where BJ hit him stride for stride. We could finger point all day and its going to get us nowhere. Again, I'm not trying to defend BJ and say his is the answer to our problems, i am simply saying he isn't the only problem and i have a feeling if we dont improve in other areas....we floyd, eveld, or whomever will look twice as bad.

Let's look at other areas of concern. Mitchell has fumbles two times now returning puts. No one is calling for a new punt returner. Murray's numbers are below average as a RB (lack of blocking facts into this as well) but no one is saying thank god he is a senior.

He is not the best option for a QB... he might be the best athlete on the team, but he is far from the best QB option. At best BJD is a mediocre QB that can run better then the next guy on the roster, it does not mean that he can throw better, just that he can run better. Just because he can run a little bit better should not automatically make him the starter.

Also just because he can chuck a ball 70+ yards does not make him the best QB option... in my book the best QB option would be able to throw the ball away when no body is open, make consistent short to medium passes, and would be able to actually hit a receiver on a consistent basis on the deep pass. Right now BJD just chucks it up and hopes that the receiver can catch up to the ball, which almost never happens.

At best BJD is a good Tight End or Running Back / Dual Threat option... he should not be the main QB taking the snaps.

If you don't agree with me then fine, but don't be surprised when we have a repeat of last year thanks to BJD. The defense is a bit soft but did their job last night... had BJD not chucked a bunch of INT's, and had been able to hit the wide open receivers, which he always misses, then we could had won.

This game ranks up with the UF game in my book, where we could had won had it not been for the BJD super-fun interception comedy hour.

Edited by Bubba Bull

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Two hit the receiver in the hands. One was WTF??????????????? :wtf:

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Two hit the receiver in the hands. One was WTF??????????????? :wtf:

the first one wasn't an INT, it hit the ground but the refs are retarded. Even jesse palmer was like "wtf!?! that's not an INT"

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

the one that was actually his fault....

did that summarize his entire USF career?

Good question. You shouldn't see that mistake from a 5th year QB.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

one ru td was not a td. but the refs said it was

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Just rewatched the first "interception" on espn3.com because I was skeptical after my buddy watching at home sent me a text saying it wasn't a pick, and he was right. It clear as day hits the ground without the defender ever having control or possession. You have to be blind as hell to not see it. Once again shafted by the f'n refs in a Rutgers game.

If I recall correctly, didn't the announcers even say it wasn't a pick?

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Just rewatched the first "interception" on espn3.com because I was skeptical after my buddy watching at home sent me a text saying it wasn't a pick, and he was right. It clear as day hits the ground without the defender ever having control or possession. You have to be blind as hell to not see it. Once again shafted by the f'n refs in a Rutgers game.

I thought that pick would get overturned

Should have been overturned! Although it doesn't negate that we have a qb who has had little progression at USF.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

I thought that pick would get overturned

Should have been overturned! Although it doesn't negate that we have a qb who has had little progression at USF.

No it doesn't negate the problem at QB but that play was a huge momentum swing for Rutgers. USF up 6-0 could have made it a two score game. We got robbed once again vs the Jersey Guidos.