• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Someone tell me why Skip Holtz was given a contract extension? Refund?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Bad coaching, worse execution....

Same **** different day... It's skip choice how to flush it

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I agree with The Sheriff....Holtz has now had 3 recruiting classes and this keeps getting worse...

you cant count his 1st season here. he was hired well after recruiting was already over

Not so much ... pretty sure he was hired before NSD in 2010.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624
  • Days Won:  0

holtz never recruited a qb

he was hired well after his first recruiting season. so have you heard of a guy named Asiantii Woulard? Just the MVP of the Elite 11 this year. will be our Starting QB as a true freshman next year.

If he even wants to sign with us after watching that disaster

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Looked like a typical USF game that we have seen since Skip got here. The only exception is that this year they are letting BJ throw downfield.

Typical Fitch offense. In the first half we had a toal of 6 first down. 2 were on the on the two long plays. 1 was on the crap that Rutgers gave BJ on the run at the end of the half. Take out the 2 long passes and we had a total of 42 yards in the first half.

Right on cue, special teams turnover right after a defensive stand to start the 2nd half. It is becoming a pattern.

Can't get off the field at all on third down. The only time we actually stopped them was because of penalties.

Poor personnel management. On that last 3rd down play...please someone tell me that Andre Davis was hurt. The biggest play of the year for us and he is standing on the sideline.

Please someone tell me that Dunkley was hurt. I only saw him on the Landi drop in the end zone.

Bradley Battles hasn't touched the ball all year so in the biggest game of the year, on 1st and goal you decide now is the time to get him a touch. Really?

Receivers dropping the ball all over.

Poor route running all night. Please someone tell me when we 6 yards for a first down our receivers only run 4 yard routes.

Do we actually have any passes designed to go to a TE over the middle?

Wow....what a horribly coached team and even worse execution.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  228

Well put USFgrad84....I too thought it was terrible play call when Bradley Battles ran on 1st and goal...

I believe sure handed Landi blew it on next play and pass was intercepted....terrible play calling in that situation...

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Amen! Skip isn't the answer, we all know that. Lets move on! Our O-Line sucks and I blame the Coaching Staff for that.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Amen! Skip isn't the answer, we all know that. Lets move on! Our O-Line sucks and I blame the Coaching Staff for that.

Said this on another thread, and I'll say it again. O-line was not the issue tonight. Rutgers overloaded our O-line on the blitz and our QB got happy feet and couldn't find open receivers. I thought our O-line played well given the circumstances, and on blitzes, I'll say I saw Murray picking up more than a few blocks when he was in the game.

Run blocking - hard to blame them too much, again, Rutgers D stacked the line but we still tried to run up the gut or off tackle.

Defense, that's another story.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432

Said this on another thread, and I'll say it again. O-line was not the issue tonight. Rutgers overloaded our O-line on the blitz and our QB got happy feet and couldn't find open receivers. I thought our O-line played well given the circumstances, and on blitzes, I'll say I saw Murray picking up more than a few blocks when he was in the game.

Run blocking - hard to blame them too much, again, Rutgers D stacked the line but we still tried to run up the gut or off tackle.

Defense, that's another story.

Defense WAS the story tonight! How many big third downs did we give up tonight? One would have been too many! Between that and special teams AGAIN! Their time of possession was almost double ours! This is ridiculous!

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959

Pitiful.....just pitiful...how can anyone defend that coaching tonight ? They get paid a lot of money for that ? Give me a fcking break

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Looked like a typical USF game that we have seen since Skip got here. The only exception is that this year they are letting BJ throw downfield.

Typical Fitch offense. In the first half we had a toal of 6 first down. 2 were on the on the two long plays. 1 was on the crap that Rutgers gave BJ on the run at the end of the half. Take out the 2 long passes and we had a total of 42 yards in the first half.

Right on cue, special teams turnover right after a defensive stand to start the 2nd half. It is becoming a pattern.

Can't get off the field at all on third down. The only time we actually stopped them was because of penalties.

Poor personnel management. On that last 3rd down play...please someone tell me that Andre Davis was hurt. The biggest play of the year for us and he is standing on the sideline.

Please someone tell me that Dunkley was hurt. I only saw him on the Landi drop in the end zone.

Bradley Battles hasn't touched the ball all year so in the biggest game of the year, on 1st and goal you decide now is the time to get him a touch. Really?

Receivers dropping the ball all over.

Poor route running all night. Please someone tell me when we 6 yards for a first down our receivers only run 4 yard routes.

Do we actually have any passes designed to go to a TE over the middle?

Wow....what a horribly coached team and even worse execution.

Very well said.

Edited by snarling Bull