• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CBS Sports Takes Rutgers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

So Rutgers defense is getting a lot of hype after shutting down offensive juggernauts such as Tulane and Howard.

Wow- sounds like some real world beaters.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  182
  • Days Won:  2

Guys, we need to listen to blitz8ru. We're doneso. There's no point in playing. Rutgers is going to smash us just like they dominated Tulane and destroyed Howard.

The earlier we come to accept this, the better it is for all of us.

We have NO CHANCE. I, for one, welcome our new Rutgers overlords. Heil Schiano!

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Who you gonna double? Mitchell? Dunkley?? Davis aka Freak Stud????? :blush:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Not sure why you guys are picking fights and arguing before the game. Shouldnt we wait to talk **** after we win? It is a Thursday night after all.

• Upvote 1

Not sure why you guys are picking fights and arguing before the game. Shouldnt we wait to talk **** after we win? It is a Thursday night after all.

yea but it only Tuesday :)

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

THIS

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

I wish I could be more optimistic about any of our games. Just not in my make up to expect good things to happen when the history of the club, especially on Thursdays, doesn't warrant it. Don't get me wrong, I hope and hope we're going to win but I can't get myself to EXPECT it. Doesn't mean I'm not a huge fan.

I wish I could be more optimistic about any of our games. Just not in my make up to expect good things to happen when the history of the club, especially on Thursdays, doesn't warrant it. Don't get me wrong, I hope and hope we're going to win but I can't get myself to EXPECT it. Doesn't mean I'm not a huge fan.

maybe this is just what we need. usually when we head into Thursday night games we are fresh off impressive victories where everything went right and we get to the bright lights of ESPN and National Audience and lay an egg.

Since we "struggled" as some say here (i just think we aren't giving a good Nevada team enough credit in a TOUGH environment) maybe we will come out all guns blazing on Thursday.

I think that early test verse Nevada and the heart we showed to come back and win a game that we normally lose will really pay dividends throughout the year. Hopefully starting Thursday.

as for the trash talk- come on, thats what this Rutgers fan is here for. I do not advocate going over to their boards and trash talking but when they come here and act the way he has...so what if we throw some trash back at him. Besides- it is Rutgers.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  100

So Rutgers defense is getting a lot of hype after shutting down offensive juggernauts such as Tulane and Howard.

Wow- sounds like some real world beaters.

I hope you realize that we return 8/11 starters from the #12 total defense in 2011 (#8 Scoring Defense, #9 Pass Defense, #14 FF, #6 INTs, #13 TFLs, #14 Sacks, #3 TOs Gained) and those 3 holes (Rush End, 3T-DT, SS) have been filled with upgrades with quality depth behind them...

Our rush D is much improved this year compared with last year as well. We let up 16 total yds of rushing in our 1st 2 games during the 1st 7/8 quarters (during the 8th quarter we let up on our D and 1AA Howard rushed for about 66 additional yds, around 54 of which came on a single run, while we were in prevent)... On the season we've let up 82yds rushing and 329yds passing (most of which was in garbage time) for about 205.5 total yds per game...

Also on this D at the very least we have (7 players) 1 DT (rSr Scott Vallone), 2 LBs (Sr Steve Beauharnais, rSr Kahseem Greene), 3 CBs (rJr Logan Ryan, rSr Brandon Jones, rSr Marcus Cooper) and 1 FS (Sr Duron harmon) who will play in the NFL in 2013 (6 if Logan Ryan doesn't declare early)...

Our D shouldn't have any problems with USF's O (as has been the case all 7 times we've played)... What may be a problem is our passing offense... which has struggled early on due to miscommunication/accuracy/timing issues between our QB and WRs... Our rush offense seems to be firing on all cylinders though... It should be interesting to test our rush O vs USF's DL...

Edited by blitz8ru