• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CBS Sports Takes Rutgers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

as for the trash talk- come on, thats what this Rutgers fan is here for. I do not advocate going over to their boards and trash talking but when they come here and act the way he has...so what if we throw some trash back at him. Besides- it is Rutgers.

He's here because of the historic upper hand that Rutgirls has had over us through the years, but guaranteed this goomah will disappear with a USF win.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

as for the trash talk- come on, thats what this Rutgers fan is here for. I do not advocate going over to their boards and trash talking but when they come here and act the way he has...so what if we throw some trash back at him. Besides- it is Rutgers.

He's here because of the historic upper hand that Rutgirls has had over us through the years, but guaranteed this goomah will disappear with a USF win.

this. I have no problems with talking trash. I just feel that it should wait until the results come. Otherwise, it makes for a very disheartening crow eating session; and nothing tastes worse than Rutgers crow.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Guys...

BJ Daniels had 227 yards passing in his last quarter of play... if you project that out, he's very likely to hit nearly 900 yards on Thursday. We're going to be unstoppable.

They dont rank this stat, but I bet we're a top-10 4th quarter offense too.

I'm stoked, I was going to worry about this one until I came across these very relevant statistics.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

nothing tastes worse than Rutgers crow.

I don't know, I'd imagine kissing a girl from Rutgers would taste pretty terrible. That is, if you can hold your breath for the amount of time needed to get close enough to kiss one. And as most of the girls at Rutgers are so similar in appearance to most of the guys at Rutgers, it might be a bit risky to kiss one anyway, even if you can stand the stench.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Guys...

BJ Daniels had 227 yards passing in his last quarter of play... if you project that out, he's very likely to hit nearly 900 yards on Thursday. We're going to be unstoppable.

I'm stoked, I was going to worry about this one until I came across these very relevant statistics.

Oh ****, you're right. He also has two touchdown passes in his past three minutes - that's like 40 touchdowns a game!

I feel a lot more confident about my prediction now.

Edited by gobulls83

• Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

you guys seem awfully optimistic...

As long as we win the TO battle, I don't see you guys scoring more than 16...

My prediction:

September 13: Rutgers @South Florida W 24-16 {3-0(1-0)}

RU: 1 Rushing TD, 1 Passing TD, 1 Defensive/ST TD, 1 FG

USF: 1 Rushing TD, 3 FGs

We already have 2 defensive/STs TDs this year and have also blocked 4 kicks (1 of them counted as a deflected punt though since it still went forward slightly) including a blocked punt for a TD in those 2 games... So watch out for that... We also have our best PR on punts (Mason Robinson) after missing the season last year due to an ACL injury... Together, Mason Robinson (PR), Jeremy Deering (KR) and Miles Shuler (PR/KR, 4.2 speed) should pose a considerable threat in the return game if you don't kick it out of the endzone or the kicks aren't blocked/deflected...

If your defense truly is weak up the middle in stopping the rush then that helps us since our strength on offense is pounding it up the middle and we've had the most success in the run game running up the middle (vs running left or right) last year and this year... If we succeed in running the ball and we win the TO battle, you guys won't get many drives to put up points since we'll continue to eat clock on offense with our run game and short passing/screen/lateral game...

Your key to winning this game is to win the TO battle because you won't be able to consistently move the ball against our D apart from the occasional big play... Our D is very stout in the redzone also...

YOU HAVE PLAYED NO ONE!!!

Bring some sense into the equation.

We went on the road and beat a team from the Mountain West that constantly contends for their conference. WITH BOISE!!! And beats them!

Ugh...im sick of hearing about Rutgers defense...put a sock in it!

GO BULLS!!!

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Guys...

Oh ****, you're right. He also has two touchdown passes in his past three minutes - that's like 40 touchdowns a game!

I feel a lot more confident about my prediction now.

Epic

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  308
  • Days Won:  0

Blitz8RU,

I thank you for taking time to post your comments and thoughts here. I enjoyed hearing what you have to say even though I feel differently about how the game will turnout! I think our defense will be better prepared after last game's shortcomings.

I expect it will be a hard fought game and then we will come out victorious. 31-24 in USF's favor is my prediction.

• Upvote 1