• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CBS Sports Takes Rutgers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

I don't expect to lose any Big East conf game. There isn't one that we can't win.

To me, that whole 'tailoring your expectations as a fan so you won't be disappointed' is pointless. Every time USF loses it hurts no matter who it is against and what I thought the outcome was going to be.

Granted there are games I don't expect to win. I didn't expect to go up the FSU a few years back and win or at Auburn or at ND or at Gainsville (we didn't win that one)

but when it comes to a Home Game against Rutgers, I expect to win.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I don't expect to lose any Big East conf game. There isn't one that we can't win.

I agree, there isnt one we cant win. That doesnt mean we wont. There shouldnt have been any losses last year either. There were 6 of them. 6 disgusting, painful, apathy inducing losses. Every loss hurts, and while I dont see any harm in being optimistic or having high expectations, I dont see anything wrong with the other side either.

I, for one, am cautiously optimistic about this game and every game. I will not buy into any hype until after the 12th game. That does not mean I think we will lose every game. I am just not going to call any blowouts against any BCS opponent. Under Holtz, have we beaten down any opponent? I dont remember much from 2010, but last year they only beat ND by 3 and Cuse by 20. I guess that counts. The other 3 wins dont count.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  293
  • Days Won:  1

I don't know guys.. I don't believe in curses, or believing they are gonna come to our house and whoop us. I think the team completely understands the importance of this game and I am sure they will deliver. I'm going into this game with my head high, and not thinking about prior stats. I don't care that we lost in OT last year, I don't care that we beat them in OT the year prior. I just want to cheer on my team till I lose my voice. Here's to a win! Go Bulls.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432
  • Days Won:  0

To me, that whole 'tailoring your expectations as a fan so you won't be disappointed' is pointless. Every time USF loses it hurts no matter who it is against and what I thought the outcome was going to be.

Granted there are games I don't expect to win. I didn't expect to go up the FSU a few years back and win or at Auburn or at ND or at Gainsville (we didn't win that one)

but when it comes to a Home Game against Rutgers, I expect to win.

This. I go into every game thinking my team is capable of winning, even if I don't exactly think they are the best team on the field. This year, just like last, I think we are the best team in the BE, I don't care what the talking heads say. So yeah, I am going into every game with the confidence that USF will win!

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

We got the close game monkey of our back last week, time to get the Thursday night monkey off too.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Well I think I am recovered from the road win on Saturday. I fully expect that this exceptionally conditioned team is ready for tommorrow night. First big game at home, national TV, big time spectators and a Big East Chip on their shoulder as big as a cow pie. The fact that our offense was as dynamic as it was in the waning moments of that game(despite altitude) is a testament to great strides we have made in conditioning, talent and depth. BJ had time to throw, our receivers were running deep route after deep route and our defense adjusted and stood up when they had to. I have a whole different sense of this team than last year. To compare them to that team is a mistake, IMHO. My biggest concern is that Fitch comes out and tries to bang the ball up their gut to start with and doesn't open it up early. Sometimes it's better to establish the passing game early so that you can run later, not vica versa. We have a really talented passing game right now, I say exploit it early and it will open up the swing plays and the running game quite quickly. Let's have some killer instinct. Curses and records and prognosticators mean absolutely nothing. If we show up for this game we are gonna beat them. Vegas knows something that the negative nancies don't. I'm Bullish on Bulls chances.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

I HATE RUTGERS

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I agree, there isnt one we cant win. That doesnt mean we wont. There shouldnt have been any losses last year either. There were 6 of them. 6 disgusting, painful, apathy inducing losses. Every loss hurts, and while I dont see any harm in being optimistic or having high expectations, I dont see anything wrong with the other side either.

I, for one, am cautiously optimistic about this game and every game. I will not buy into any hype until after the 12th game. That does not mean I think we will lose every game. I am just not going to call any blowouts against any BCS opponent. Under Holtz, have we beaten down any opponent? I dont remember much from 2010, but last year they only beat ND by 3 and Cuse by 20. I guess that counts. The other 3 wins dont count.

+1

We should beat every BEast team

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Until we actually lose a game, I have no reason to expect that we won't finish 13-0. We have the talent to hang with anyone on the schedule.

Having said that, every game makes me nervous. We are all way too obsessed with this stuff. I have no shame, but, I went to college, I never had 2 Saturdays that I felt the same...Thursday... ha.

At the end of the day, we're pulling for a bunch of kids out there and anything can happen. That's why college football is addicting.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I have no reason to expect that we won't finish 13-0.

Have you watched USF football before?