• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  425
  • Days Won:  0

He was "bend but don't break" and definitely not aggressive near the end of each half. We had so many teams drive down the field at the end of games with our Defense worn out from all the time they spent on the field. When it was time to be aggressive at the end of games, he played a soft prevent D and never learned from past mistakes. Our offensive didn't help either, with all their 3 and outs last year.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

I predict Texas A&M will win on Saturday. I hope Snyder tightens up the secondary. Last year the defense could not step up to the plate when it needed to and let many late game leads slip away. I think A&M's offense is talented enough to outscore the Gators, barring excessive turnovers. Historically USF defense has been very reliable, but last year that was not the case. Some speculate that Snyder was not confident enough in our corners and safeties to play tighter coverage for fear of the opponent breaking into open field. I know Aggies think they were the largest underachieving team last year, but as a fan of both programs I can tell you it was worse for USF losing every close game in large part because of the defense; some questionable head coaching decisions contributed as well. Let's hope that Synder has more success at Texas A&M.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

He played a conservative zone or man defense, would rather give up short gains that be beat deep. I think for whatever reason he doesn't like press coverage. I guess he didn't think that players were fast enough to no get burned or weren't good enough at pursuit.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

I think they played off so much last year is because he didn't have confidence in the CB's because we didn't play that way in 2010

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

He was here for two years. First year, his defense was decent. Second year, not so much. He could do better for you now that you're in the SEC and you're a Texas school. I wouldn't worry too much just yet.

Thanks for the token of appreciation also! We appreciate you coming in bearing such a wonderful gift! :D

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

UF is 6-6 at best this season.

If A&M loses this game, just go ahead and start drinking, you're in for a long season.

As for Snyder, he likes to make offenses drive the field and make mistakes. Corners play too far back (or our corners were too slow for his defense) and the intermediate passing game eats you alive. Once the field is shortened the red zone defense should be fine, but as a fan of great USF press coverage in years past, it's a little brutal to watch.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Snyder did a great job at shutting down UF when we played them... had it not been for our QB tossing a fist full of INT's to the Gayturds then we would had likely beat them down.

Next to the UGA vs Mizzou game, the A&M vs UF game is the only other non-Bulls game I can't wait to see... I hope you guys hang 100 points of those ass clowns.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

All I remember about Snyder was the nickel, dime, fifteen cent ? packages he would throw in at the end of games with 7, 8, 9 or 10 in coverage and a defensive line that tried doing their best imitation of the "dancing **** LeBeau's". That many guys covering four or five receivers allowed big plays and fourth quarter losses because there was absolutely zero pressure on the QB. A true departure from the Leavitt days. I don't miss him one single bit. Good luck ATM with that pickup.

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Snyder coached way too soft, especially on 3rd down. Get used to seeing your opponents converting a lot of 3rd and California's...

Edited by Bulls Are We