• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Only Skip

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

win or not..we did not look impressive. We had impressive performances but we have a wayyyys to go. Need lots of improvement. BJ's run, and Mitchells ability stood out. Hope to see more of BJ as a runner to open up the pass game. It didnt matter if skip had the killer instinct. The guys didnt perform. We failed to move the ball, punted alot..we could have scored 3 more times easily. Looking forward to a tough game next week to see what we have.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  336

Some of you guys are ridiculous. Look at all the close first games. Stanford, Oklahoma, etc. It doesn't mean anything. Start ******** when it's actually warranted.. We dominated UTEP and FAMU last year only to get it handed to us by Pitt.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Someone in this thread said that BJ passed for 7 yards/attempt. It was actually 10.2 yards/attempt and 15.5 yards/completion. The 10.2 yards/attempt ranks him #13 of those with 10 or more attempts. That is hardly indicative of a conservative game plan.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

DEL- that was a FCS defensive line that has BCS talent on it. Derrick Lott was a 4 star recruit who went to Georgia out of high school and was the MVP of their spring game this year before leaving the school and going to FCS school so he didn't have to sit out a year.

Abd the other guys who were in the backfield all game?

FSU doesn't have 4 star talent on their d line?

Ville?

Our Oline was terrible last night. Rewatch the stream if you have too. That was disgusting live.

we couldn't average 3 yards per carry against UT Chat. FSU d-line will eat us alive.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Someone in this thread said that BJ passed for 7 yards/attempt. It was actually 10.2 yards/attempt and 15.5 yards/completion. The 10.2 yards/attempt ranks him #13 of those with 10 or more attempts. That is hardly indicative of a conservative game plan.

sorry i listed USFs overall passing numbers. his per attempt was actually 8.65 and per completion was 13.2. Of course I'm looking at USFs official stats on go usf bulls . com so they could be wrong.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

lmfao it has already started.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

Wow. I can't believe that some people meltdown after that game.

We ran the plays that we wanted to run like it was a practice. We could have pounded the ball and scored more points. Pulled out our starting o-line and qb, but I think they needed some game time practice and got it. Our line has been moved all around, so if they needed an extra quarter or two to try to get some chemistry great, glad we got it in a game that was never in question.

The good:

21 point win, well above average qb play, stifling defense.

The questions:

Pass protection, and communication.

We will be fine, and either way, I'll do my part next week by drinking beer, and watching with high expectations.

GO BULLS!

Edited by BullTiger

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

After stepping back and thinking about it, the team played well overall. I believe the the best indicator of performance is the first half. We moved the ball at will up and down the field after the first drive. I can name at least 4 of BJ's interceptions in exactly the same situation. At least this one didn't cost us the game.

If the coaching staff is content with just running out the clock there I think it changes the entire complexion of what they are trying to accomplish and we completely destroy UT-C. We go into the loocker room up 21-3. One more score and you can get the twos more work for more than just a couple of series.

The defense was stifling. The OL always needs time to gel. Several of those kids on OL were playing in their first game let alone the first time playing together. They will come around. Murray has proven, for 3 years already, that he is capable. BJ, when given time is a good QB that now has legit weapons. I have confidence in the players.

My concerns are with Fitch in certain situations (like red zone and 3rd down) and sometimes with Holtz game management and clock management. In close games a coaches decisions can lose games for you or, depending on execution, win games. These 2 guys make me nervous and the defense should keep us in every game.

My only concerns really are OL pass blocking and some of the dumb ass things that Holtz does. The OL will come along and play better each game.

When we were up 21-3 with less than 2 minutes to go, around on own 20, please Skip, just run the clock out and stop being cute. If he was trying to work on the 2 minute drill in a live situation there, OK, fine. Then Fitch's playcalling there is ridiculous. Run some quick 7 to 10 yard outs where you don't burn time and the receiver catches it and gets out of bounds quickly or it goes incomplete. Both the game management and play call were idiotic in that situation. BJ should not have been in that situation in the first place.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

That's a fair assessment

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431

After stepping back and thinking about it, the team played well overall. I believe the the best indicator of performance is the first half. We moved the ball at will up and down the field after the first drive. I can name at least 4 of BJ's interceptions in exactly the same situation. At least this one didn't cost us the game.

If the coaching staff is content with just running out the clock there I think it changes the entire complexion of what they are trying to accomplish and we completely destroy UT-C. We go into the loocker room up 21-3. One more score and you can get the twos more work for more than just a couple of series.

The defense was stifling. The OL always needs time to gel. Several of those kids on OL were playing in their first game let alone the first time playing together. They will come around. Murray has proven, for 3 years already, that he is capable. BJ, when given time is a good QB that now has legit weapons. I have confidence in the players.

My concerns are with Fitch in certain situations (like red zone and 3rd down) and sometimes with Holtz game management and clock management. In close games a coaches decisions can lose games for you or, depending on execution, win games. These 2 guys make me nervous and the defense should keep us in every game.

My only concerns really are OL pass blocking and some of the dumb ass things that Holtz does. The OL will come along and play better each game.

When we were up 21-3 with less than 2 minutes to go, around on own 20, please Skip, just run the clock out and stop being cute. If he was trying to work on the 2 minute drill in a live situation there, OK, fine. Then Fitch's playcalling there is ridiculous. Run some quick 7 to 10 yard outs where you don't burn time and the receiver catches it and gets out of bounds quickly or it goes incomplete. Both the game management and play call were idiotic in that situation. BJ should not have been in that situation in the first place.

You've been harping on this so I figured I would mention a post game interview over on Rivals I think it was. Holtz, or it might have been Fitch, basically said that wasn't the play called and BJ was trying to force something and he knows he shouldn't have done that...