• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I need some football advice from the married Bulls out there...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432
  • Days Won:  0

What about the watch espn app for your phone and watch the game on espn 3 while at the concert

Unfortunately I am still stuck in the stone age when it comes to phones, so no watch espn app for me. However, I do get fm radio on my phone so I will be tuning into 98.7 from the concert!

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I'd tell her. This is the perfect opportunity to have a girls night out. They like that idea anyway. She can take a friend to the concert and you can have fun with your guy friends. If you have any left since the operation. Some guys can still hear the whip crack, all the way from NPR, but this way at least you make it seem like she's getting to do something fun. You on the other hand sound like you won't really be able to enjoy the fun, but at least you get to see the game.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

What about the watch espn app for your phone and watch the game on espn 3 while at the concert

I was just about to propose just that the only downside is that you may need a 2nd battery to make it through the whole game

Should Better need only about 1/2 a battery to get through the real game ...

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  581
  • Days Won:  0

You go to the concert and enjoy the moments with her....

Years from now, this opener will mean nothing to you but her memory of the moment will.

Enjoy the show!

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Myself... I'd get her liquored up to the point she wants to leave the concert. Talk a little dirty to her in the car to get her worked up (if the alcohol hasn't already) and then have her perform some oral gratification while you're driving to the game. Heck... you're married... their will be more posts on this thread than moments after you've been married where you get oral gratification. I would recommend using your married Jedi Mind Tricks to make the drive more memorable than the concert. By the way... you realize we're playing Tenn-Chattanooga, right? It's a glorified scrimmage...

I'm not married... and I'm about 98% against marriage/monogamy (sharing is caring)... but it's not FSU. Suck it up at the concert (which you indicated you'll enjoy anyway), but make sure she knows that you were hoping to be at the game. She'll make it up down the road if she really cares about you (which I'm assuming she does). Congrats though on marrying a USF woman (that's my 2% envy).

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

If she can't see that Bulls football (any game, even Chattanooga) comes before any show, it may be time to rethink the marriage my friend

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

You go to the concert and enjoy the moments with her....

Years from now, this opener will mean nothing to you but her memory of the moment will.

Enjoy the show!

Jesus, your wife snuck in here to give advice.
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I'm spoiled; my wife actually scheduled our wedding around football and is even down to take two cars tailgating; that way when our little gets cranky she can bail...

I got very blessed

My wife is like that too, man. Gotta love a woman who understands that there are only 6-7 home games a year ;-)

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I'm spoiled; my wife actually scheduled our wedding around football and is even down to take two cars tailgating; that way when our little gets cranky she can bail...

I got very blessed

lol same. Our wedding is this November and she wanted to put the TVs on for any football games that day/night and we are going to a bar to watch the UM game afterwards.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I would concede this one and would not worry about going to the game... even if it kills you don't go on about it either... just mention that you would rather spend time with her then at this game. If you go on about trying to make it or how much it sucks to miss it then you will likely piss her off and ruin any chances you may have at using this concession to get future concessions from her down the road in the for of missing something else to make a more important game, or upgrading your tailgate equipment.

Concessions aside its only UT Chatanooga... go have fun with your wife and don't sweat it... the game will be over by the end of the 1st quarter. Don't let football get in the way of your marriage / family life.

Also you need to practice the rule of thumb that all of September thru December is blacked out on the calendar, until after the Bulls schedule comes out or until you look at it first.

Edited by Bubba Bull