• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A reason to not OCS so quickly

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Simple solution is for you guys that want an OCS stadium come back with the $300 million needed for a quality stadium that fans aren't afraid will collapse on them and donate it to USF. Than the argument is mute.

Or moot. Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Simple solution is for you guys that want an OCS stadium come back with the $300 million needed for a quality stadium that fans aren't afraid will collapse on them and donate it to USF. Than the argument is mute.

Do you really believe that a 50,000 seat stadium would cost that much?

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Or moot. Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D

No, I want them to shut up. I don't care if its irrelevant. :stfu: lol

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Do you really believe that a 50,000 seat stadium would cost that much?

Its not how much I believe, its how much a quality venue of that size costs. Google TCF Bank Stadium.

400px-IMAG0252.jpg

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Being "scattered" on campus is great while celebrating the beginning of the football day. Most of the best tailgating at Ray Jay happens in NON Ray Jay lots. People parking in small clumps in yards, much like finding a good place on campus for you and some friends. Different strokes, for different folks. I have more fun tailgating on campus.

BTW Friday was AWESOME. Great showing for the kids, team came back, and an opposing coach was so pissed at me after the game that he was starring at me while they were having their "team meeting" on the field. I just smiled at him with the pleasure of knowing that we just beat them.

you think tail gating in someones front yard is better than ray jay lots?? yikes

I'm with trip. it's nice to see their campus but the actual tail gating part sucks unless you are a student on said campus and can walk from dorms(very few students live on campus) or you are a top donor and get a great lot. we literally parked on a sidewalk at UF . we along with many UF fans had to break into a classroom building to use facilties. no room to set up gear.FSU we were off campus(can't fit everyone on campus for tail gating) in a bar parking lot across the street from stadium. no room at all to set up gear. just a few chairs and a cooler. UCF was completely unorganized. surface lots were rare and tough to come by. parking garages suck to tail gate in. we opted for an off campus location at a church across from stadium. much better than being on campus. kind of defeats the purpose though. so for these 3 on campus games we actually only tailgated on one campus and the 3rd was probably the worst location of the bunch.

I'll take an organized lot like ray jay where you have plenty of space and everything you need.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Its not how much I believe, its how much a quality venue of that size costs. Google TCF Bank Stadium.

We can have a quality stadium for less than $300 million.

TCF Bank Stadium is not a good example to use since the University of Minnesota received State funding and we know that we won't.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

I'll take RayJay. Lot 6, under the shade of the old oak trees. We've been to UF, FSU, ND, SC, all the bowl games, several venues in the BE, and I'm sure a couple I don't remember. ALL are either in a parking lot or your so far from the stadium you have to breakdown an hour before game time just to make kickoff.

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

I'd prefer tailgating on campus (not that I have a choice). Also think more students would become season ticket holders after graduating if the stadium was on campus.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Being "scattered" on campus is great while celebrating the beginning of the football day. Most of the best tailgating at Ray Jay happens in NON Ray Jay lots. People parking in small clumps in yards, much like finding a good place on campus for you and some friends. Different strokes, for different folks. I have more fun tailgating on campus.

BTW Friday was AWESOME. Great showing for the kids, team came back, and an opposing coach was so pissed at me after the game that he was starring at me while they were having their "team meeting" on the field. I just smiled at him with the pleasure of knowing that we just beat them.

you think tail gating in someones front yard is better than ray jay lots?? yikes

I'm with trip. it's nice to see their campus but the actual tail gating part sucks unless you are a student on said campus and can walk from dorms(very few students live on campus) or you are a top donor and get a great lot. we literally parked on a sidewalk at UF . we along with many UF fans had to break into a classroom building to use facilties. no room to set up gear.FSU we were off campus(can't fit everyone on campus for tail gating) in a bar parking lot across the street from stadium. no room at all to set up gear. just a few chairs and a cooler. UCF was completely unorganized. surface lots were rare and tough to come by. parking garages suck to tail gate in. we opted for an off campus location at a church across from stadium. much better than being on campus. kind of defeats the purpose though. so for these 3 on campus games we actually only tailgated on one campus and the 3rd was probably the worst location of the bunch.

I'll take an organized lot like ray jay where you have plenty of space and everything you need.

To each his own, I still prefer the "yikes" front yard tailgate. FYI, you don't have to be a "top donor" to get great parking at FSU. I know that for a fact, not speculation.