A reason to not OCS so quickly

SRQ

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Simple solution is for you guys that want an OCS stadium come back with the $300 million needed for a quality stadium that fans aren't afraid will collapse on them and donate it to USF. Than the argument is mute.

Or moot. Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D

No, I want them to shut up. I don't care if its irrelevant. :stfu: lol

Why do we have to shut up? This is a flipping message board. Seriously what is so wrong about espousing our feelings about an OCS? I'm not mad, just curious as to why you feel the need for that.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  14,442
  • Days Won:  13

Simple solution is for you guys that want an OCS stadium come back with the $300 million needed for a quality stadium that fans aren't afraid will collapse on them and donate it to USF. Than the argument is mute.

Why do we have to shut up? This is a flipping message board. Seriously what is so wrong about espousing our feelings about an OCS? I'm not mad, just curious as to why you feel the need for that.

How many threads on how many versions of this forum are going to be devoted to "espousing feeling" about an OCS? They are the same as the ones espoused on the first thread on another version of the board. Its all the same argument over and over. At least before it was in its own area away from events that were noteworthy and topical. This is neither.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Being "scattered" on campus is great while celebrating the beginning of the football day. Most of the best tailgating at Ray Jay happens in NON Ray Jay lots. People parking in small clumps in yards, much like finding a good place on campus for you and some friends. Different strokes, for different folks. I have more fun tailgating on campus.

BTW Friday was AWESOME. Great showing for the kids, team came back, and an opposing coach was so pissed at me after the game that he was starring at me while they were having their "team meeting" on the field. I just smiled at him with the pleasure of knowing that we just beat them.

you think tail gating in someones front yard is better than ray jay lots?? yikes

I'm with trip. it's nice to see their campus but the actual tail gating part sucks unless you are a student on said campus and can walk from dorms(very few students live on campus) or you are a top donor and get a great lot. we literally parked on a sidewalk at UF . we along with many UF fans had to break into a classroom building to use facilties. no room to set up gear.FSU we were off campus(can't fit everyone on campus for tail gating) in a bar parking lot across the street from stadium. no room at all to set up gear. just a few chairs and a cooler. UCF was completely unorganized. surface lots were rare and tough to come by. parking garages suck to tail gate in. we opted for an off campus location at a church across from stadium. much better than being on campus. kind of defeats the purpose though. so for these 3 on campus games we actually only tailgated on one campus and the 3rd was probably the worst location of the bunch.

I'll take an organized lot like ray jay where you have plenty of space and everything you need.

To each his own, I still prefer the "yikes" front yard tailgate. FYI, you don't have to be a "top donor" to get great parking at FSU. I know that for a fact, not speculation.

here is their donor lot map. you need to be in the top 3 donor levels of which the lowest is tomahawk $1,200 per year to park anywhere near the stadium. next level is warrior at $600 per year and you are clear across campus potentially in a parking garage. you need to donate $3000 or more to park in lots around stadium. no thanks. college campuses are not built for tail gating. unless you consider tail gating in front of chemistry building or psychology building or in a parking garage or on a surface lot to be your thing.

http://one.fsu.edu/community/document.Doc?id=690

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

smh. Leave it to Bull94 to dig up links and figures to refute someone's OPINION. Geez, man, just quit already.

• Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

How many threads on how many versions of this forum are going to be devoted to "espousing feeling" about an OCS? They are the same as the ones espoused on the first thread on another version of the board. Its all the same argument over and over. At least before it was in its own area away from events that were noteworthy and topical. This is neither.

Well this thread wan't intended to go back over the same old argument. Just to say that the crowds at the softball playoff last year and the soccer game this year were really terrific and made for good TV for those watching. If baseball gets going as it should they'll get support, too. So why not enjoy these new venues and support these programs on campus rabidly and leave the football program at Ray Jay until the money starts to overflow from football.

smh. Leave it to Bull94 to dig up links and figures to refute someone's OPINION. Geez, man, just quit already.

hmm BBM said it was a fact, not speculation.

sorry I didn't know we shouldn't bring facts into an argument. just misinformed opinions I guess.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

sorry I didn't know we shouldn't bring facts into an argument. just misinformed opinions I guess.

His definition of "great parking" may not completely line up with yours. It's an opinion. Facts are great, but time and place, and all that.

His definition of "great parking" may not completely line up with yours. It's an opinion. Facts are great, but time and place, and all that.

he stated it as fact. I simply linked a donor parking map that showed that for $600 a year donation(top 4 donation level for parking) you may have to park clear across campus, mile(s) from stadium, in a parking garage or next to the chemistry building,etc. I'll let others determine whether or not they think that is quality parking.I'd rather them make an informed opinion though. not just one based on what he knows as "fact".

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Being "scattered" on campus is great while celebrating the beginning of the football day. Most of the best tailgating at Ray Jay happens in NON Ray Jay lots. People parking in small clumps in yards, much like finding a good place on campus for you and some friends. Different strokes, for different folks. I have more fun tailgating on campus.

BTW Friday was AWESOME. Great showing for the kids, team came back, and an opposing coach was so pissed at me after the game that he was starring at me while they were having their "team meeting" on the field. I just smiled at him with the pleasure of knowing that we just beat them.

you think tail gating in someones front yard is better than ray jay lots?? yikes

I'm with trip. it's nice to see their campus but the actual tail gating part sucks unless you are a student on said campus and can walk from dorms(very few students live on campus) or you are a top donor and get a great lot. we literally parked on a sidewalk at UF . we along with many UF fans had to break into a classroom building to use facilties. no room to set up gear.FSU we were off campus(can't fit everyone on campus for tail gating) in a bar parking lot across the street from stadium. no room at all to set up gear. just a few chairs and a cooler. UCF was completely unorganized. surface lots were rare and tough to come by. parking garages suck to tail gate in. we opted for an off campus location at a church across from stadium. much better than being on campus. kind of defeats the purpose though. so for these 3 on campus games we actually only tailgated on one campus and the 3rd was probably the worst location of the bunch.

I'll take an organized lot like ray jay where you have plenty of space and everything you need.

To each his own, I still prefer the "yikes" front yard tailgate. FYI, you don't have to be a "top donor" to get great parking at FSU. I know that for a fact, not speculation.

here is their donor lot map. you need to be in the top 3 donor levels of which the lowest is tomahawk $1,200 per year to park anywhere near the stadium. next level is warrior at $600 per year and you are clear across campus potentially in a parking garage. you need to donate $3000 or more to park in lots around stadium. no thanks. college campuses are not built for tail gating. unless you consider tail gating in front of chemistry building or psychology building or in a parking garage or on a surface lot to be your thing.

http://one.fsu.edu/c...ment.Doc?id=690

Some rough estimates. Assuming 375' per block

FSU:

lot 17 & 19 3.38 blocks +/-

lot 13 5.22 blocks

lot 25 5.22 blocks

lot 12 4.96 blocks

lot 26 4.57 blocks

Ray Jay:

middle of South lot 2.2 blocks

back 3.8 blocks

yard where I park 4 blocks

The $600.00 is Included in the booster amount. You don't have to pay additional for parking. Your clear across campus is 5.22 blocks. $600 is not a "top donor".

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I have zero clue what UCF's new stadium tailgating is like, but To suggest tailgating at RJS is close to the experience of tailgating on a campus is absurd.

RJS is nice and all, but it's nothing like that campus experience.

Please explain how tailgating will be so much better on our campus ...

its also an opportunity to go back to the place you graduated.... see familiar places and see the changes on a regular basis.... Seeing campus flooded with people and folks tailgating in lots/fields (on campus of course) would be really cool to see...

some of you guys need to go to away games and see what its like...

I second this motion... its sad that so many Bulls fans think that tailgating at RayJay can compare to a traditional game day atmosphere at the other top caliber colleges that we claim to be part of.

Archived