• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A reason to not OCS so quickly

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

I think it is the opposite. I think this shows how good things could be with an OCS.

All it proved was that 3012 came to a (1) soccer game....it doesn't guarantee that it will draw that many to every game, or that football would fill a 55K seat OCS every game. Has UCF filled it's 44K stadium every, since it moved from the Citrus Bowl to it's OCS?

no but their gameday atmosphere completely trashes ours.

You must really suck at tailgating ...

it sucks to tailgate at the bucs stadium instead of on campus

You must really suck at tailgating!

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436
  • Days Won:  0

I think it is the opposite. I think this shows how good things could be with an OCS.

All it proved was that 3012 came to a (1) soccer game....it doesn't guarantee that it will draw that many to every game, or that football would fill a 55K seat OCS every game. Has UCF filled it's 44K stadium every, since it moved from the Citrus Bowl to it's OCS?

I think Raymond James Stadium has a great and practical set-up for parking and tailgating; I think it is actually an advantage for the status quo. I am open to a new on-campus stadium sometime probably by the 2020's. But, if we do build one, I think we should provide some sort of significant parking space on-campus or at least very close, for convenience and to encourage an option for those who enjoy larger groups for tailgating.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I have zero clue what UCF's new stadium tailgating is like, but To suggest tailgating at RJS is close to the experience of tailgating on a campus is absurd.

RJS is nice and all, but it's nothing like that campus experience.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I'm thinking you must really suck at tailgating. :)

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Know what I'm thinking? cmhatter must really suck at tailgating (the new "mention Lynch" thread) :lol:

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

I have zero clue what UCF's new stadium tailgating is like, but To suggest tailgating at RJS is close to the experience of tailgating on a campus is absurd.

Please explain how tailgating will be so much better on our campus ...

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

You can start tailgating on a college campus days before the actual game Triple B, not just four hours before a game which encourages power drinking among students and fans. When we went to Auburn, they had motor homes that had been there since the Thursday before we played them. When we tailgated for the UF game, we started at 7 AM. When we tailgated at Penn State... 7 AM. I highly doubt that USF would limit us from having sound systems and DJ's at the tailgate like they do at Raymond James. We tailgated in the same spot for approximately seven years until they broke up our venue due to BS regs at Raymond James (Bulls Tailgating runs a great set up). I remember pulling up in a H2 Hummer for the WVU game at 10 AM for a 7 PM game. Can't do that anymore. The pictures from that tailgate bring back lasting memories for many of us.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

You can start tailgating on a college campus days before the actual game Triple B, not just four hours before a game which encourages power drinking among students and fans. When we went to Auburn, they had motor homes that had been there since the Thursday before we played them. When we tailgated for the UF game, we started at 7 AM. When we tailgated at Penn State... 7 AM. I highly doubt that USF would limit us from having sound systems and DJ's at the tailgate like they do at Raymond James. We tailgated in the same spot for approximately seven years until they broke up our venue due to BS regs at Raymond James (Bulls Tailgating runs a great set up). I remember pulling up in a H2 Hummer for the WVU game at 10 AM for a 7 PM game. Can't do that anymore. The pictures from that tailgate bring back lasting memories for many of us.

The longer hours is a definite better but don't know about the sound limiting. We're in Lot 3 and a lot of times there's student activities in a lot adjacent to ours and I think there has been loud music over there ....

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Please explain how tailgating will be so much better on our campus ...

its also an opportunity to go back to the place you graduated.... see familiar places and see the changes on a regular basis.... Seeing campus flooded with people and folks tailgating in lots/fields (on campus of course) would be really cool to see...

some of you guys need to go to away games and see what its like...

Edited by cmhatter

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

its hard to explain... just a different feel