• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FSU or Big East

FSU win or BE Championship  

113 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  297
  • Days Won:  2

Interesting discussion with a group of fellow alumni, and it's all dependent on who you ask, but I seem to get different answers across the board. So I thought I'd throw it out to everyone here!

Which would you rather see? FSU win or Big East Championship.

Of course, compare for a second if you will.

FSU win upsets the 'supposed' Seminole contingency buying USF season tickets invading RJS, destroys the national championship morale, and gives us bragging rights to our contemporaries who attend/attended Florida State. In addition, a W would be something worth noteas '09 was the retirement year for Bobby Bowden/end of the era for FSU football, as their season ended mediocre 7-6. That way, FSU fan can't proudly tote that we beat them during their 'down year'. Underdog story, Home field vibe, national TV, etc etc etc. Send them back to Tallahassee. Although, in return, we end up 4-3/5-2 in the Big East and get dumped at something.com bowl.

Big East win. Orange/Sugar Bowl here we come. Something we can finally hang our hat on, a banner to put in the end zone next to Raheem's Regi... errr... Schiano's Schizos. Recruiting advantages, and an achievement we've been seeking for the past 8 years. We play a prime time opponent, end the season ranked, and win in Miami/New Orleans with a pretty shiny trophy. South Florida Bulls, 2012 Big East Champions. Although, in return, FSU manhandles us in national championship fashion, 44-17.

Contrast for a second...

FSU is great, but as important as interstate rivals are the Big East is our goal and has always been. Even though it's nice, and we've done it before, we don't need to necessarily add to our 'impressive upset' record as WVU/KU/Aubs/ND/UMiami have already cemented themselves in there pretty well. Fine, we'll take a loss, we'll dust ourselves off and look forward to the rest of the season. We need consistency, and now is a time to start building, and that starts with taking care of business in the conference. And we do...

The Big East is awesome, but let's face it. In the world of college football, USC/LSU/Bama/B1G are getting love and the airtime. Big East has (according to few) become a laughingstock of the college football landscape, and winning this conference is just as good as winning your 3rd grade spelling bee. Take for instance an unranked 4-loss UConn a couple of years back in a BCS bowl with commentary chastising the conference for even letting us send them. Plus, with the turbulence currently occurring with conference affiliation and everyone jumping ship to the 'new' and 'cooler' conference, what good does it do anyways. And to boot, let's see we end up in the same place we always do... but we beat FSU. We're 2-0 against them and nothing can take that away. 2-0 against Bobby Bowden, Jimbo Fisher, and Doak Campbell. Undefeated.

Would love to hear everyones thoughts, raves, and ranting. As always, GO BULLS!!!!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

Normally the FSU win would be a no brainer for me but I'm to the point that I'm leaning the other way. I would like to see us in a BCS bowl before there aren't any more and we only have a couple more chances to do that. If that was changed to win BE Championship AND win the BCS bowl game, it would be a slam dunk.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Normally the FSU win would be a no brainer for me but I'm to the point that I'm leaning the other way. I would like to see us in a BCS bowl before there aren't any more and we only have a couple more chances to do that. If that was changed to win BE Championship AND win the BCS bowl game, it would be a slam dunk.

+1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

BE all the way....

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  293
  • Days Won:  1

Definitely BE.. But I know we are gonna have the FSU win as well.. Hah

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  183
  • Days Won:  0

Has to be the BE... But would LOVE to beat FSU.

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

two years ago I would have said FSU win.....but I think a BCS Bowl and BE win would go a lot further nowadays then a big win OOC.

BE Championship slightly over FSU win.

• Topic Count:  169
  • Content Count:  1,251

When we played them in 2009 I think there was the same poll....and I voted for the fsu win....but this time around, with the current landscape of Cfb....Whittaker win the big east

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867

FSU win... I married an FSU Alum, Her family and friends will always know, we are 2-0 :-)

It makes sense to want the BE Championship, but everybody's situation is different, they still look down on us... And that is just unacceptable to me! Keep beating the "Big boys" and they will respect us more so then (in their minds) a watered down BE... just my opinion.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Haven't we already beaten them? Let's move on.

:04-rock:

• Upvote 1