• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Keith Clanton weighing his options

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Just thought that I'll give this guy his own thread because things could get interesting in the next few days if he decides to seek a better opportunity.

Kenny Gillion, who coached Keith Clanton in his high school days with the Team Breakdown travel team, said Thursday the UCF senior is considering all options.

Clanton is one of four UCF seniors who can transfer and play immediately for another school because the NCAA hit the men's basketball with a postseason ban earlier this week after it determined the Knights committed major recruiting infractions. Clanton must make a decision before the start of the fall semester, which gets under way at most colleges in a few weeks.

There's a lot of schools that have been inquiring about him. Schools from all over the country," Gillion said. "A lot of the schools have been talking to me and then I'll go and put it on the table for Keith and his mom. I've talked to both of them.

"Keith has not made a decision if he is staying or going but has not closed the door on any option at this time."

UCF coach Donnie Jones said Wednesday he has tried not to put any pressure on the seniors to stick with Knights.

Gillion said Clanton feels good about his experiences at UCF, but he is open to other opportunities.

"If he leaves, he would want to play for a team that would let him do the same kinds of things he's done at UCF," Gillon said. "Coach Jones allowed him to play his game. UCF has been very, very good for him. He likes it there, he likes the style. But obviously he would like to compete for a team that can play for the national championship. He's on the radar for the NBA and wants to show that he can compete with the best out there. He's looking at what is the best thing for him."

http://articles.orla...ton-ucf-seniors

Edited by Vega

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

Just thought that I'll give this guy his own thread because things could get interesting in the next few days if he decides to seek a better opportunity.

Kenny Gillion, who coached Keith Clanton in his high school days with the Team Breakdown travel team, said Thursday the UCF senior is considering all options.

Clanton is one of four UCF seniors who can transfer and play immediately for another school because the NCAA hit the men's basketball with a postseason ban earlier this week after it determined the Knights committed major recruiting infractions. Clanton must make a decision before the start of the fall semester, which gets under way at most colleges in a few weeks.

There's a lot of schools that have been inquiring about him. Schools from all over the country," Gillion said. "A lot of the schools have been talking to me and then I'll go and put it on the table for Keith and his mom. I've talked to both of them.

"Keith has not made a decision if he is staying or going but has not closed the door on any option at this time."

UCF coach Donnie Jones said Wednesday he has tried not to put any pressure on the seniors to stick with Knights.

Gillion said Clanton feels good about his experiences at UCF, but he is open to other opportunities.

"If he leaves, he would want to play for a team that would let him do the same kinds of things he's done at UCF," Gillon said. "Coach Jones allowed him to play his game. UCF has been very, very good for him. He likes it there, he likes the style. But obviously he would like to compete for a team that can play for the national championship. He's on the radar for the NBA and wants to show that he can compete with the best out there. He's looking at what is the best thing for him."

If he wants to come here, and his game fits the game Stan would want him to play, no problem if we have an open scholarship .... but if the NBA is his target, there's no reason for leaving where he is if he's that good.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

I will cheer for Keith wherever he plays. I have met him several times. A very nice young man....a class act. There is no way you can root against him. No way possible. If he were to go to USF, he would be the gift of a career for the coaches and fans.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

USF does have an open scholarship

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Would be a big dig to UCF...hope he plays here.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Are you sure, I could have swore I read somewhere we do.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

No, I'm pretty sure he's right ... we do have a scholarship.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Hey Vega, do you think Heath would let Clanton play his game if he came here? You're always saying how much our style isn't right for some types of players and that's why we miss on so many of them. Is your name from Street Fighter?

Edited by CPR

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

No, I'm pretty sure he's right ... we do have a scholarship.

:roflmao:

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

When does this kid have to make a decision by? I assume by the start of the fall term?