• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bilas as BE Commish?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

all about perception...

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I like the idea. It may help us with ESPN, which aside, from winning a NC, would be about the best thing that can happen to the conference. That or an SEC guy.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

USF and Boise need to step up and dominate the Big East the way FSU and UM do the ACC, or Texas and Oklahoma do in the B12, etc

We need two Top 10 teams, plus another 2 in the top 25 - every year. That'll shut down the negatoryness.

I get the point you are trying to make but have to take umbrage with your comment about "UM" dominating the ACC. I guess I missed that.....

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Another basketball turd would be the worst possible move... if the Big East is going to stay afloat then we need a football guy. Also why in the hell are we hiring a guy when most every other major conference just appoints a sitting AD or President to be their commish for "X" amount of years?

The Big East keeps hiring basketball guys to run a conference that needs to grow its football side, and they wonder why they have issues. It would be like hiring a clown to fix your toliet.

Edited by Bubba Bull

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Those who say a basketball guy like Bilas should run the BE are wrong.

Those who say a football guy is needed at this point for the BE are correct.

/thread

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

At this point, does it even matter who the commissioner is?

I'm not picking on you individually, but this seems to be a prevalent theme. I'm wondering why the negativity? Do USF grads wander around aimlessly, the dregs of society? Woe is me, how do I compete with FSU grad or UF grad? What is the point of competing with Yale grad?

Let's have some self-respect, sell what we have to offer and continue to improve ourselves. We are the Big East, not a group of pathetic losers. Be proud, and don't tell the world we are the Three Stooges. Losers do that.

+1

And Christ no one wants the job? I'll take it. What, pay me a few mil so you guys can tell me I'm a fat doughboy loser who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground even though I'm infinitely more qualified for this job than any of you? Pay me so I can fly around the country and listen to sleezy university presidents lie to my face and back out of promises made while all the while you armchair idiots are blaming me? Fine with me, I'd put up with your idiocy for a few years and then retire to my beach house with my wife and kids while you stiffs head back to your cubicles and 401k plans.

(Before you get all jumped up Jesus Christy on me, that was a tongue-in-cheek reference to everyone's thrashing of the ex-commissioner, who yes, was infinitely more qualified to do the job than any of you)

And if you think the Big East is a crappy conference then you are letting the media feed you your feelings. The Big East is no better or worse than any of the other major conferences and with the addition of some of the teams that are coming in, a hell of a lot more exciting than it was with the crappy universities that already left. Honestly, I don't care that those schools left and I wish Rutgers and UConn would go with them.

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Chuck Neinas

After watching him as interim Big 12 Commissioner, he seems to be a "mover & shaker"

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Penn State's former Athletic Director needs a job, I hear...:stirpot:

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  50
  • Days Won:  0

/thread

Just because Bilas played and analyzes basketball doesn't make him a "basketball guy" as a commissioner. The BE needs a business guy, period.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

/thread

Just because Bilas played and analyzes basketball doesn't make him a "basketball guy" as a commissioner. The BE needs a business guy, period.

So are you going on record as Bilas as a business guy over a basketball guy? He is an attorney as well but that doesn't make him a businessman. If he played b-ball and analyzes b-ball ... it sure sounds like a b-ball guy to me, I don't know any other way to describe him, sports wise.

Very curious to hear your response, as I'm not too sure what you were trying to say with your post.