• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Discussion on recruiting in regards to this board and compliance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Dear Young USF recruits:

Not sure where you are at with potential decisions , but I wanted to throw something out for your consideration. When you decide to make a decision,announce it here first. You can of course announce at TV stations, newspapers and pay sites, which might even reach a wider audience of FSU, UM and UF supporters. But, if you want to reach a broad audience of USF supporters first, this is the place. I guarantee the other parties will pick it up quickly and perhaps even call it a scoop. They all watch us here. The word will quickly spread far and wide. But for many of you, this site and it's members were the first to notice, support and then promote you.

This site, by leaps and bounds, caters to the widest audience of USF dedicated football fans of any to be found. The founder Brad(Bulliever), tries his best to make sure that the discussions are fair and civil, and in the most part he succeeds. The posters are largely very well educated in the history and state of affairs of USF football. There are a few exceptions(you know who you are :argue: ). I will confess that this site has taught me a tremendous amount about USF Football. There are some notorious posters here(they know who they are too) but by and large this is a loyal fan base who watches the game and it's players in as dedicated a fashion as I have ever seen in sport.

What i think is gained by coming here first is this. The fans here fall in love with their sports stars. Not always because of their extraordinary accomplishments on the field, but always because of their dedication to this school we love. By coming here first, you will become a part of that rapidly building legacy and tradition, even before you begin to play. In simpler terms, show your love and commitment and it will come back to you many times over. I think we start to build new traditions and great new successes for USF together. Let's start it here.

Bill or Bull, I answer to either.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

Dear Young USF recruits:

Not sure where you are at with potential decisions , but I wanted to throw something out for your consideration. When you decide to make a decision,announce it here first. You can of course announce at TV stations, newspapers and pay sites, which might even reach a wider audience of FSU, UM and UF supporters. But, if you want to reach a broad audience of USF supporters first, this is the place. I guarantee the other parties will pick it up quickly and perhaps even call it a scoop. They all watch us here. The word will quickly spread far and wide. But for many of you, this site and it's members were the first to notice, support and then promote you.

This site, by leaps and bounds, caters to the widest audience of USF dedicated football fans of any to be found. The founder Brad(Bulliever), tries his best to make sure that the discussions are fair and civil, and in the most part he succeeds. The posters are largely very well educated in the history and state of affairs of USF football. There are a few exceptions(you know who you are :argue: ). I will confess that this site has taught me a tremendous amount about USF Football. There are some notorious posters here(they know who they are too) but by and large this is a loyal fan base who watches the game and it's players in as dedicated a fashion as I have ever seen in sport.

What i think is gained by coming here first is this. The fans here fall in love with their sports stars. Not always because of their extraordinary accomplishments on the field, but always because of their dedication to this school we love. By coming here first, you will become a part of that rapidly building legacy and tradition, even before you begin to play. In simpler terms, show your love and commitment and it will come back to you many times over. I think we start to build new traditions and great new successes for USF together. Let's start it here.

May just want to run something like this by whoever handles compliance at USF...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Dear Young USF recruits:

May just want to run something like this by whoever handles compliance at USF...

I haven't contacted any prospective recruit. It was an open letter for all to read. How on god's green earth could this be a compliance issue? Are recruits allowed to read newspapers? Or watch TV, give me an effing break.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

You just invited unsigned high school players to come onto this board and interact with athletics representatives of the University of South Florida. As far fetched as it probably is, them actually doing it, THAT'S the part that you may want to make sure isn't a potential problem ..... and there have been numerous times I'd like to have given you an effing break. ;)

You just invited unsigned high school players to come onto this board and interact with athletics representatives of the University of South Florida. As far fetched as it probably is, if they actually did it, THAT'S the part that you may want to make sure isn't a potential problem ..... and there have been numerous times I'd like to have given you an effing break. ;)

Can you please provide the NCAA rule and link to it which would prohibit a recruit from announcing his commitment to a media source of his choosing. At no time did I encourage a recruit to "interact" with "athletics representatives of the University of South Florida". Are you such a representative? Are you or have you ever been an athlete? Frankly, I wonder if you interact with anything. SMH that you would want to blow up a potential recruits thread after a high minded post, that was specifically crafted NOT to cause a problem. Guess your own notoriety could be more important to you than the kid's moment. If you really had an issue, you could have contacted off line, instead of attempting to grandstand here. pathetic.

Cue the stooges in 3...2...1

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Role of Boosters

Boosters play a role in providing student-athletes with a positive experience through their enthusiastic efforts. They can support teams and athletics departments through donations of time and financial resources which help student-athletes succeed on and off the playing field.

Boosters, referred to by the NCAA as “representatives of the institution’s athletic interests,†include anyone who has:

• Provided a donation in order to obtain season tickets for any sport at the university.

• Participated in or has been a member of an organization promoting the university’s athletics programs.

• Made financial contributions to the athletic department or to a university booster organization.

• Arranged for or provided employment for enrolled student-athletes.

• Assisted or has been requested by university staff to assist in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes.

• Assisted in providing benefits to enrolled student athletes or their families.

• Been involved otherwise in promoting university athletics.

Once an individual is identified as a “representative of the institution’s athletics interests,†the person retains that identity forever.

Only institutional staff members are permitted to recruit prospective student-athletes. Generally, NCAA rules prohibit anyone else from contacting (calling, writing or in-person contact) prospects or the prospect’s relatives or guardian for recruiting purposes.

Students are still considered prospects even if they have signed a National Letter of Intent or any other financial aid agreement with a university.

Boosters are not precluded from continuing established friendships with families who have prospective student-athletes. However, boosters may not encourage a prospect’s participation in university athletics or provide benefits to prospects that were not previously provided.

If a violation occurs, it may jeopardize a student-athlete’s eligibility for intercollegiate competition, jeopardize a school’s membership status with the NCAA or cause a booster to lose access to all booster benefits.

What are examples of impermissible recruiting activities?

As a booster, you may not:

• Contact a prospect in-person on-campus or off campus.

• Contact a prospect by telephone, email, Internet or letter.

• Provide gifts or free or reduced-cost services to a prospect or the prospect’s relatives or guardian.

• Employ relatives, guardians or friends of a prospect as an inducement for the prospect’s enrollment and athletics participation at a university.

• Become directly or indirectly involved in making arrangements for a prospect or the prospect’s relatives or guardian to receive money or financial aid of any kind.

• Provide transportation for a prospect or the prospect’s relatives or guardian.

• Provide free or reduced-cost tickets for a prospect or the prospect’s relatives or guardian to attend an athletic event.

• Provide any material benefit (e.g., meals, cash) to the coach of a prospect, including high school, two-year college, AAU and summer team coaches.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/NCAA/Enforcement/Resources/Role+of+boosters+in+intercollegiate+athletic

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Under the definition of booster, my guess is the majority of this board qualifies. Definitely the owner of this board is a booster.

Doubt you could coordinate a kid to announce his decision on this board without running afoul of the NCAA rules for contact.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Cue the butt hurt in 3...2...1

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Cue the butt hurt in 3...2...1

It's already been cued ...

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  423
  • Days Won:  1

Seems to have been speaking in general termssnd not to a specific recruit so if recruits do post their decisions here the ncaa could not prove it was because his comment maybe they just wanted to don't think the ncaa would persue something as ambiguous as that. It would be a good way to establish a relationship with the fans as long as they post on their own accord