• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tweet from Greg - USF WR Walk-on arrested

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

He admitted taking it. That's a start in in the right direction. He owned up to it rather than just denying.

Kinda hard to deny when the police track the phone to your apartment and you get caught with the phone in your possession. It's like the guy on COPS who has the baggy of drugs on them and then say "That's not mine".

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

Life lesson. Sometimes the harsher the penalty and larger the consequence the more likely you are to learn from your mistakes.

Or have your life ruined. Clay Matthews was a walk on and if he something like this and was just kicked out of school, he'd probably be digging ditches today. I remember being young and was caught doing something dumb and not thinking of the consequences and luckily the person who could have drastically altered my life in a negative way decided instead used it as a life lesson. I met him years later in my job in the medical field, he was a patient, and thanked him for what he did.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

He admitted taking it. That's a start in in the right direction. He owned up to it rather than just denying.

Kinda hard to deny when the police track the phone to your apartment and you get caught with the phone in your possession. It's like the guy on COPS who has the baggy of drugs on them and then say "That's not mine".

I agree with this. When you add in he watched the victim and he knew how to disable the phone being tracked tells me he planned it or he's done it before. To me this is not just an isolated moment, but rather a "I got caught" moment

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Another reason this hacks me off..... Not the PR I like to see on us...

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/15/reported-iphone-theft-nets-usf-wr-a-felony-charge/

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Another reason this hacks me off..... Not the PR I like to see on us...

http://collegefootba...-felony-charge/

Well, we ARE the "New U" in Florida...

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

Not saying give the kid a break but some of you guys are way overboard. He made an error in judgement and will deal with it. Being kicked out of school with no serve USF or this kid or any other kid well in the future. Is this worse than having a fail drug test for weed or running out of a Denny's with paying the bill. It's all the same an error in judgement. This is a great chance for one of those teachable moments. Either you have never had a child , are kids yourselves ,or just ass@@ holes either most of these moments are short sighted and uncalled for.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

Nupe has a good point. I don't think it's a given that he's off the team. Bad, bad decision, and the details show a fair amount of awareness in what he was doing, even after that initial decision to take something that isn't yours. But if he was in good standing with Holtz -- if his grades and attitude were what the coach wants from a walk-on, this could be strike 1 and strike 2, absolutely, but not necessarily strike three. You can justify going either way with it.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Nupe has a good point. I don't think it's a given that he's off the team. Bad, bad decision, and the details show a fair amount of awareness in what he was doing, even after that initial decision to take something that isn't yours. But if he was in good standing with Holtz -- if his grades and attitude were what the coach wants from a walk-on, this could be strike 1 and strike 2, absolutely, but not necessarily strike three. You can justify going either way with it.

Fair enough GA, but if this happens I wouldn't expect to hear from CSH or anyone else about the high character of the football team. Especially when it was used as a counter to the 1-6 conference record from last year and a reason for the extension of CSH and his crew. In real life, you're not supposed to have your cake and eat it too!

Edited by hbryan

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

Fair enough GA, but if this happens I wouldn't expect to hear from CSH or anyone else about the high character of the football team. Especially when it was used as a counter to the 1-6 conference record from last year and a reason for the extension of CSH and his crew. In real life, you're not supposed to have your cake and eat it too!

The "high character of the football team" is not the act of one young person who hasn't even taken a snap in a game yet. And why would a kid stealing a cell phone be used as a counter for anything. lol. All he needs to counter last season is his tenure at two schools on the way to conference championships at each. He had 5-6 records one season at both schools along the way. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skip_Holtz

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

former walk-on