• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ACC signs with Orange Bowl...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

With the announcement of the playoffs, things seem to be moving very fast... just read the Orange Bowl signed a contract with the ACC, good possibility the BE could lose that bowl, which would hurt big-time...

Edited by jasonb56

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

not necessarily, being the other conferences have their "consolation/non-playoff" bowls already set up (big 12-sec in champions bowl, and pac 12-big 10 in rose bowl), there's no other conference that will really be worthy enough to play the acc champ in the orange bowl except for the BE...unless ND gets in the mix. ACC could always invite a 2nd/3rd place SEC team or big 12 team or something, but would they want to do that ?

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

not necessarily, being the other conferences have their "consolation/non-playoff" bowls already set up (big 12-sec in champions bowl, and pac 12-big 10 in rose bowl), there's no other conference that will really be worthy enough to play the acc champ in the orange bowl except for the BE...unless ND gets in the mix. ACC could always invite a 2nd/3rd place SEC team or big 12 team or something, but would they want to do that ?

I think we have to ask ourselves, what would be more appealing to the public, the BE champ, or a 2nd place SEC school/ND combo... I think the BE gets left out, hope I'm wrong.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

Wouldn't shock me if BE gets left out. Maybe that is why Boise St has not left MWC yet?

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Id say the New BE, If u take into account USF, UCF in the mix. Either school would sell their share of tickets to the Orange Bowl. Than consider Louisville, Boise and a few others that travel well.

We lost Pitt and Cuse , two fan bases that typically dont travel well to bowl games.

So hopefully the Orange Bowl signs with the BE/ND like the Champs Bowl and Gator Bowl did.(Notre Dame avail once in a 3 year cycle).

Time for the BE to be Proactive and get this signed. Also its time to add a few more schools(BYU, Airforce and maybe UNLV) We need to be the first to 16 football members. More members means we have to worry less about scheduling OOC games. Also pads us if the BE gets raided again which is likely if and when expansion happens.

It also locks up the best of the rest(BYU, Airforce, UNLV and maybe look at ECU) before they disappear.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

good possibility the BE could lose that bowl

The Big East was not tied into any BCS bowl game, so there was nothing to lose.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

True but if they sign with the BE/ACC they get 4 shots at a FLA school playing in the game if not 2 at a time.

FSU, Miami from the ACC and USF, UCF From BE. So It increases the chances that they have increased attendance which has been hurting the Orange Bowl.

Plus the BE needs to jump all over this, If we dont get this and we dont have a team in the 4 team playoff we will be left out looking in. The BCS bowls as we know them are gone with the new playoff. The Playoff will be in the Current Bowl system.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

True but if they sign with the BE/ACC they get 4 shots at a FLA school playing in the game if not 2 at a time.

FSU, Miami from the ACC and USF, UCF From BE. So It increases the chances that they have increased attendance which has been hurting the Orange Bowl.

Plus the BE needs to jump all over this, If we dont get this and we dont have a team in the 4 team playoff we will be left out looking in. The BCS bowls as we know them are gone with the new playoff. The Playoff will be in the Current Bowl system.

I'm a USF fan, but I'm not biased. The ACC and Orange would rather have a shot at the #2/3 SEC school rather than the BE champ. (UF, UGA, Auburn, Alabama vs. USF and UCF??) I can't see us getting this bowl, but I hope I'm wrong.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Well if it's a bidding process what if other venues out bid the orange bowl for those #2/3 spots so they might be left with us as their best option. If I'm wrong please say so because I don't know these bowl negotions too well, but this is my guess.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

The Big East will have to work in conjuction with Notre Dame to have any shot at a future "BCS" bowl or whatever they are going to call them. Which means ND will probably be selected more times than not.