• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ACC signs with Orange Bowl...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436
  • Days Won:  0

Well if it's a bidding process what if other venues out bid the orange bowl for those #2/3 spots so they might be left with us as their best option. If I'm wrong please say so because I don't know these bowl negotions too well, but this is my guess.

Also on the bright side, even with the SEC supposedly taking the Orange Bowl from us: the SEC with at least one (sometimes two?) teams in a playoff, a representative in the Champions Bowl, hypothetically the Orange Bowl, Cotton Bowl, possibly Sugar Bowl, Peach Bowl, Outback Bowl, and Gator Bowl, among others, we should be able to get one of their 2nd or 3rd-tier bowl games. A #7-10 SEC school can't necessarily be better than every Big East team and Notre Dame.

Edited by Florida Bull

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

True but if they sign with the BE/ACC they get 4 shots at a FLA school playing in the game if not 2 at a time.

FSU, Miami from the ACC and USF, UCF From BE. So It increases the chances that they have increased attendance which has been hurting the Orange Bowl.

Plus the BE needs to jump all over this, If we dont get this and we dont have a team in the 4 team playoff we will be left out looking in. The BCS bowls as we know them are gone with the new playoff. The Playoff will be in the Current Bowl system.

Really insightful analysis.Please post more, to help drown out the 3 Stooges.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I went to the Virginia Tech/Cincy Orange Bowl, there were maybe 30,000 people there. That was slightly better for Wake/UL.

I can't see the Orange Bowl tying in with us permanently unless they have no other choice. I'm shocked they went with the ACC at this point.

I think we'll get a tie in to a nice bowl game. I think it will be more on the Peach level. Gotta bring the ND card with us though.

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

Yeah I agree in that I feel like we will not make it in, which would be unfortunate

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

orange bowl has been home of the acc champion since 2006. big east didn't have a tie-in. nothing new here.

not sure why anyone cares about bowl games anyway. we usually get crummy match-ups, we lose money on them and if we go to the orange bowl and you buy tickets through the school then you will pay hundreds of dollars to see us play boston college or wake forest. not only that but supporting a corrupt system like the bowls and their bowl committees feels wrong on every level.

no thanks.

I'd travel to a top notch OOC game like Notre Dame, Penn State, Auburn, Oklahoma, etc(even if it's a one and done) to experience their game day atmosphere any day before I go to some lousy made for tv bowl game.

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

Yet another dooms day thread... We need to win. That's all we control. If the guys win, then our future will be infinitely better.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,471
  • Days Won:  25

IF ACC has a top four team...

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Yet another dooms day thread... We need to win. That's all we control. If the guys win, then our future will be infinitely better.

winning isnt enough

one needs access

usf 's recruiting will go into the crapper now

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204

not necessarily, being the other conferences have their "consolation/non-playoff" bowls already set up (big 12-sec in champions bowl, and pac 12-big 10 in rose bowl), there's no other conference that will really be worthy enough to play the acc champ in the orange bowl except for the BE...unless ND gets in the mix. ACC could always invite a 2nd/3rd place SEC team or big 12 team or something, but would they want to do that ?

I think we have to ask ourselves, what would be more appealing to the public, the BE champ, or a 2nd place SEC school/ND combo... I think the BE gets left out, hope I'm wrong.

I'm not sure if the second place SEC school will go Orange. Without the BCS, the payouts from Outback and/or Cap One are probably comparable. I think the SEC would prefer to keep its bowl tie-ins with the Big Ten. Those draw more eyes to TVs and generate more revenue.

I see the SEC mainly bowling with the Big XII and the Big Ten. I see the Big XII doing a lot of bowling with the PAC-12. I think we'll get a few with the PAC-12, considering our (hopefully) new presence on the west coast. And we'll pair up with the ACC.

Notre Dame, at the moment, will still likely negotiate bowls with us as they have in the past. Until they actually announce a move to somewhere else, that's my guess. So we may get in the Orange.

I doubt we'll see the Big Ten change much. They already are in three Florida bowls. Same for the SEC. I think they keep those tie-ins.

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711

I think the Big East Champ ends up with the Gator Bowl tie-in with the SEC #4 or ACC #2 or #3.