• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Some screenshots from NCAA football '13

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I am NOT looking forward to putting up with their fans every other year. And no way in heck I am going to the Frying Pan again.

frying pan is a blast.

great tailgating environment.

As long as you bring mace and a tazer for protection.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

UCF has had a college intern program with Tiburon, the EA Sports studio that makes the game located in Orlando, for years. A couple of years back you could look at the credits and they had the team affiliations of all the staff who did the programming and testing. Many had UCF logos next to their name, but there were also several USF alumni/fans working on the game. This year's version, USF is rated the lowest of any Florida team at 81 overall, including the Owls and Panthers. Contrast that with taking a realistic version of USF's team from NCAA 12 in 2011, and advancing it over the offseason and you get a team in the low 90s because of all the juniors and seniors. I am used to USF getting screwed in ratings so I use custom rosters that I have input into, http://luvtotha9sros...orumotion.com/. I just hope the dude decides to do them again this year. He does them like Madden, several versions through the year and one post season.

http://articles.orla...iburon-noel-ucf

15 minute videos that shows the ratings of the top players from most every team. I haven't watched it yet but here is the link if you want to see the USF vs UCF starter ratings. UCF is at 2:07 and USF was skipped along with 2 other teams. Of course.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,684
  • Days Won:  8

Wow rated worse in the state? I wonder how it makes the players feel who play this game.

You can get, or make, custom rosters with the player names added and the more correct ratings. Most who are serious about the game know that and wait for updated rosters. They take a lot or work to put together though.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The problem I have is that last year we stuck with EA out of the box ratings and we just used the rosters that had the names corrected. Last year I just took it as a challenge to build the team and make it superior to the UCF despite EA's help. Based on the way things look at the moment, I think I'll lobby for luvtotha9's rating corrected rosters this year.

Of course, after a few months the Dynasty became unplayable because of overwhelming Transfer Failed issues, but that's another story...

Edited by DataBull

Well first off, Luv has a job so he isn't doing rosters this year. I just read that. http://luvtotha9sros...wsbad-news#3711 I am sure someone else will though, will have to monitor Operation Sports. I know that EA always has some server issue though with online dynasties.

The failed transfer issue for NCAA to Madden is an easy fix in offline dynasties. You ignore the first prompt in NCAA to export rosters and do in on the second one, after transfers and then everything is just fine. This year though, Madden 13 and NCAA 13, there is no import from NCAA to Madden.

Madden has a totally new system for drafting including fake social media that has a dozen reporters tweeting responses to your actions for things you do. Like if you decide during the season in Madden to scout a hot QB, a writer that is covering your team will tweet it so everyone in your franchise knows you are after that player. The developer said they may in future additions add back NCAA import, but only if they can get it right. As it is, all players from round 7 pretty much have F potential. And another change in Madden is NO MORE PLAYER POTENTIAL ratings! Lots of great things going to happen in Madden this year. Funny how the threat of competition with loss of an exclusive contract makes one pull out all the stops.

Edited by slick1ru2

Tell you what I really like about NCAA 12 is custom conferences with the ability to change around during every offseason. I am playing Temple now, this season, and will add the rest of the incoming teams to the Big East, along with all the other conference changes, in the next offseason. I think that when I do that, I will add ND to the Big East to round it out. Either ND or BYU and then make a Big East championship game.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Bummer that Luv got a job. Who allowed that? :)

We received Transfer Failed issues once we got into year 2, almost every time we advanced. Actually, we had one in year one that I fixed by reloading the Dynasty file and creating a new Dynasty from it. In year two we started having different users receive the Transfer Failed issue when they went enter the Dynasty after it advanced. Sometimes a few people would be fine and would play their games, then someone would not be able to get in. Sometimes it was one person, sometimes several. After many attempts at coordinating a fix, it just got to be too difficult. I think we got to Week 5 in year two. Oh, and we had this happen in two different dynasties. One was our favorite team, the other was with one star teams.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  924
  • Days Won:  1

Well first off, Luv has a job so he isn't doing rosters this year. I just read that. http://luvtotha9sros...wsbad-news#3711 I am sure someone else will though, will have to monitor Operation Sports. I know that EA always has some server issue though with online dynasties.

The failed transfer issue for NCAA to Madden is an easy fix in offline dynasties. You ignore the first prompt in NCAA to export rosters and do in on the second one, after transfers and then everything is just fine. This year though, Madden 13 and NCAA 13, there is no import from NCAA to Madden.

Madden has a totally new system for drafting including fake social media that has a dozen reporters tweeting responses to your actions for things you do. Like if you decide during the season in Madden to scout a hot QB, a writer that is covering your team will tweet it so everyone in your franchise knows you are after that player. The developer said they may in future additions add back NCAA import, but only if they can get it right. As it is, all players from round 7 pretty much have F potential. And another change in Madden is NO MORE PLAYER POTENTIAL ratings! Lots of great things going to happen in Madden this year. Funny how the threat of competition with loss of an exclusive contract makes one pull out all the stops.

I always wondered who was that USF poster lol good to know it was u. I've used Luv's rosters for 3 years now. He said he still might do the rosters he's not sure

The thing is that Luv wants money for his rosters. Which I will gladly pay because I enjoy having corrected rosters and ratings and know he has put countless hours into them. But if he won't have them for months.....I probably will be using someone else's for free by then. He does an excellent job though. No import into Madden was a big letdown. I get what they are doing though and am really looking forward to all the changes both on and off the field for Madden this year. It seems to be as big a change to the game from when it jumped from those lousy computer graphics of the 90s to real looking players.

madden95a.jpg

Right now I have Sterling Griffin as the #1 Heisman candidate. I just target him all the time and against a FCS school, Nevada and Ball State, by the time I got to the FSU game he was already on the list. I am using Luv's Roster #5 for the basis.