• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Some screenshots from NCAA football '13

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

I think they will re establish that connection next year after they upgrade NCAA 13 to the real physics system they have on madden this year, I don't think they did it by choice, that was one reason I ever considered buying madden

It will be better IF they redo it because they said they are doing it right IF they do it. As it is there are problems with potential in Madden. I read that all 7th round picks have F potential. But this year, they are getting rid of potential. Here is the thing that is going to make it hard to get into Madden. They have an all new recruiting system in Madden that includes fake social media. So you scout a hot QB one of a dozen reporters are going to Tweet it so in an online dynasty your fellow players will know you are checking that player out. Its to make it more realistic, I guess. So, they may have these ratings and tweets already to go. You introduce files of players adjusted from what's shipped from NCAA it may screw that all up.

Right now, going into 2013, I have BJ as a potential 6th round in Madden and the highest estimated round that has a Bull in it is 4th with Lejiste.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Well in the case of my cousin's daughter, at 7 she loves it and she's definateky ready for competition. It's easy to see. They may not keep score on a scoreboard but they definitely do keep it to themselves. The team he and another dad coach together win about all of their games except against one specific team he tells me has this star player who apparently has amazing ability for her age so nobody can stop her and the team basically dominates everyone else. From what I've seem I would say some kids are definitely ready for a highly competitive league. The parents on the other hand, well not so much. They're likely the ones that make it overly stessful on their children and themselves, and they're the ones who introduce the politics. My cousin is so laid back though I don't really see that in him.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Well in the case of my cousin's daughter, at 7 she loves it and she's definateky ready for competition. It's easy to see. They may not keep score on a scoreboard but they definitely do keep it to themselves. The team he and another dad coach together win about all of their games except against one specific team he tells me has this star player who apparently has amazing ability for her age so nobody can stop her and the team basically dominates everyone else. From what I've seem I would say some kids are definitely ready for a highly competitive league. The parents on the other hand, well not so much. They're likely the ones that make it overly stessful on their children and themselves, and they're the ones who introduce the politics. My cousin is so laid back though I don't really see that in him.

I've seen it from age 5 all the way up to college. There is a lot of time. If she's dominating her age group she should certainly move up a year or two. Her skills will develop more that way.

But you have to be careful and not push it too much. In soccer, competitive level means more physical. The higher the level of competition, the more physical it gets. and the pace of play speeds up. The combination of the two can cause the girls to quit and injuries to accumulate. Both will drive girls out of the sport in their early teen years. I've seen some great players up and quit at 14 or 15 for either reason or both.

The parents definitely start the politics. But some of the bad coaches do as well. The girls are worse than the boys, and they can end up jumping from club to club which forces other girls to keep moving to try and not end up in a bad situation. Coaches get mad at a club and move, or the club gets mad at a coach and kicks them out. It's chaos from U13 to U19.

My U5's used to keep score. I let them, but didn't let them talk about it to me and definitely not to the players on the other team. But when you introduce standings and scoreboards then the parents get involved. Nothing uglier than parents of a bunch of four and five year olds arguing about which team is winning or which team is cheating. I actually had to pull my U6's off the field once. And that was with us not keeping score or handing out trophies to the league champion. Based on what I've seen at the older ages, I don't want five year olds watching their parents argue or fistfight over who is the league champion.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Wow, thanks for your insight.

I may have gone overboard a bit, but I just finished many long years as a soccer dad last year. Started with my son, but my daughter started at 8 years old and played through her high school years. Her senior year was quite the experience, soccer wise.

If I could start over again, I'd do things much differently. Live and learn. :)

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  924
  • Days Won:  1

I think they will re establish that connection next year after they upgrade NCAA 13 to the real physics system they have on madden this year, I don't think they did it by choice, that was one reason I ever considered buying madden

It will be better IF they redo it because they said they are doing it right IF they do it. As it is there are problems with potential in Madden. I read that all 7th round picks have F potential. But this year, they are getting rid of potential. Here is the thing that is going to make it hard to get into Madden. They have an all new recruiting system in Madden that includes fake social media. So you scout a hot QB one of a dozen reporters are going to Tweet it so in an online dynasty your fellow players will know you are checking that player out. Its to make it more realistic, I guess. So, they may have these ratings and tweets already to go. You introduce files of players adjusted from what's shipped from NCAA it may screw that all up.

Right now, going into 2013, I have BJ as a potential 6th round in Madden and the highest estimated round that has a Bull in it is 4th with Lejiste.

gotcha! I hope they do it right! hope they also include some kind of combine to make it more realistic and also to gauge at what position the prospect would fit best

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

this thread is schizophrenic!

1766329-funny_pictures_i_may_be_schizophrenic_super.jpg

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I may have gone overboard a bit, but I just finished many long years as a soccer dad last year. Started with my son, but my daughter started at 8 years old and played through her high school years. Her senior year was quite the experience, soccer wise.

Are you broke? At one point my sister-in-law had 3 kids at HCU. The oldest is at Polk State, the middle has made at least 2 out of state trips for tourneys this year one was in Vegas. She's actually been talked to about ODP. The scary thing is the youngest is better than them both. She plays up 2 years and still stands out. I've been asked about coaching, I will not. The costs are so high for select teams, I kind of understand the parents wanting their kid to play all of the time.

Charsibb All of me like your post.

Are you broke? At one point my sister-in-law had 3 kids at HCU. The oldest is at Polk State, the middle has made at least 2 out of state trips for tourneys this year one was in Vegas. She's actually been talked to about ODP. The scary thing is the youngest is better than them both. She plays up 2 years and still stands out. I've been asked about coaching, I will not. The costs are so high for select teams, I kind of understand the parents wanting their kid to play all of the time.

Charsibb All of me like your post.

I was lucky. My daughter fell in to some great volunteer coaches for a couple of years. Then she got a deal at one of the big clubs because the head coach was creative. He was a young guy trying to get into college coaching got the club to call his team a "Developmental" team and lower the costs. Despite that, the team made it to the final eight in the state of Florida. He got his college head coaching job last year. Her senior year was 90 games all over the state against all sort of competition, including exhibitions against college teams and tourneys. The travel alone eats into the budget, and the monthly fees are significant.

We've known one of USF's new signees for many years. She worked her way up through the ODP program to get the chance to play some games for the U-17 US National team. She is crazy good. I can't begin to imagine how much money they spent over the years. Their saving grace is that her father is an excellent and well known youth coach in the area. So much of her club soccer was comped over the years. Even then, they must have spent thousands easily. A top club can cost two hundred a month after signup fees. Then add in a couple of thousand for travel expenses. Five grand per year is a very easy number those last few years

In the end, to some degree you can justify the expense if they can get a college scholarship. But too many things can happen, so I never counted on that. My daughter ended up turning down offers because of health issues she was having. Fortunately, all of our eggs were not in that basket and she was able to make the right choice for her education without regard to the financial implications. A lot of these kids end up in bad situations because the parents have been counting on the payoff at the end. That often doesn't end well.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

USF is just totally screwed in NCAA 13 this year in Dynasty mode. I have an early copy. They give things like Athletic Facilities and Campus grades to attract students. In all previous versions, USF had many things rated like TV Exposure in the Bs except for Tradition and Academics which were C+. Now its virtually all D+. Unfreakingbelievable. Campus went from B to C-. Stadium Atmosphere, Academic Prestige, TV Exposure etc are D+. Now I do see where it says to improve them, there are things you can do like, duh, win games. But I bet teams like Florida already have high ratings from day one. There are also ratings by playing style for key positions which change with playing games. USF is rated D- in all of them, but teams like Texas are rated A. Sigh. **** UCFers at Tiburon. Oh, They have UCF with better Stadium Atmosphere, Academic Prestige, Athletic Facilities and Campus Life than USF. Hopefully, playing and winning, these numbers will rise quickly. What a disappointment.

Edited by slick1ru2